PDA

View Full Version : Fighting mars Man Utd's Rome trip

SnnY
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
That's why they lost, they were busy defending the planet. Or invading another one, in Rome.

Cheese
04-04-2007, 11:35 PM
They need to ban the Italian teams imo, first they have the match fixing scandal then all the hooliganism and now they're running the risk of sparking off an interstellar ballistic war.

SnnY
04-05-2007, 09:02 AM
They need to ban the Italian teams imo, first they have the match fixing scandal then all the hooliganism and now they're running the risk of sparking off an interstellar ballistic war.
Lollies, interstellar missiles :no2:

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 09:14 AM
It was mental.

The Roma fans taunted the Man Utd fans when they scored. Which is fairly common practice in football. Tho' the bottles of pish are a wee bit ott imo.

The manutd fans decided to charge them, in spite of the fact that there were hundreds of fully armed, testosterone laden, mental Italian riot police on their side of the barrier. None on the Italian side strangely enough.

Carnage ensued.

Guess who got the worst of it.

Fucking insane.

thewizeard
04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
This is just another example of the "halo effect." In actual fact Man Utd are fekking useless; the opposing teams, are often actually playing against what they think, they (Man Utd.) used to play like and not how they actually do play. This is all part of Man Unt. campaign of disinformation. Rome saw this "chink" in their halo, that's all, no big deal.

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Top of the top league in the World (and that sticks in my craw to say btw) kind of gives lie to your contention there, old bean.

manker
04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
This is just another example of the "halo effect." In actual fact Man Utd are fekking useless; the opposing teams, are often actually playing against what they think, they (Man Utd.) used to play like and not how they actually do play. This is all part of Man Unt. campaign of disinformation. Rome saw this "chink" in their halo, that's all, no big deal.
Look, if you're trying to reach 5000 posts or something, just post a load of numbers in the 'tard thread.

Barbarossa
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I've never seen anyone spend so much time and effort saying so much of no actual content or consequence whatsoever.

SnnY
04-05-2007, 09:37 AM
News posting is the new counting, don't you know :smilie4:

manker
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
It was mental.

The Roma fans taunted the Man Utd fans when they scored. Which is fairly common practice in football. Tho' the bottles of pish are a wee bit ott imo.

The manutd fans decided to charge them, in spite of the fact that there were hundreds of fully armed, testosterone laden, mental Italian riot police on their side of the barrier. None on the Italian side strangely enough.

Carnage ensued.

Guess who got the worst of it.

Fucking insane.
I think one or two Italian police died in the riots that preceeded the recent closure of some grounds in Italy - so the riot police weren't about to err on the side of caution when 'subduing' the United fans.

Fucking mentalists, the lot of them - and the fans that did the charging.

There should definitely have been just as many police on the Roma side of the fence tho', for there to be just fat stewards added to the mentalist feel of the night.

thewizeard
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I've never seen anyone spend so much time and effort saying so much of no actual content or consequence whatsoever.

:O
Then you will need lots of patience, I am just warming up and feeling verbose of mood today.

If it were Ajax, things would have been a lot different. :cool:

* and anyways... The crane does not need show itself on a high hill. It may be quite hidden when it makes it call; yet it's young will hear the note, will recognise it and give answer...

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
As I understand it these aren't normal Italian Policemen in riot gear, like our chaps do if required. They are just mental bastards who do that for a living. That could be pish tho' it's just summat I heard like

They are, in fact a big, well organised, well equiped gang. Looking for a fight. They don't actually subdue people, they give them a right good beating when they are down. You saw that last night. One chap who was down must have got clubbed at least another 12-15 times. That's a doing, not crowd control.

Having said that, you could sort of see it coming. Especially when a few of your chaps decided to rush the opposition crowd who were taunting them. The Italians just wade in then. They don't really give a feck who they are cluubbing. They see everyone in your crowd as fair game.

There was a depressing inevitability about the whole thing.

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM

:O
Then you will need lots of patience, I am just warming up and feeling verbose of mood today.

If it were Ajax, things would have been a lot different. :cool:
Indeed, the Dutch support are well known for their good behaviour when travelling.

manker
04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
As I understand it these aren't normal Italian Policemen in riot gear, like our chaps do if required. They are just mental bastards who do that for a living. That could be pish tho' it's just summat I heard like

They are, in fact a big, well organised, well equiped gang. Looking for a fight. They don't actually subdue people, they give them a right good beating when they are down. You saw that last night. One chap who was down must have got clubbed at least another 12-15 times. That's a doing, not crowd control.

Having said that, you could sort of see it coming. Especially when a few of your chaps decided to rush the opposition crowd who were taunting them. The Italians just wade in then. They don't really give a feck who they are cluubbing. They see everyone in your crowd as fair game.

There was a depressing inevitability about the whole thing.
I hadn't heard that they weren't proper police - but the evidence last night certainly suggests what you say. In addition to that one chap getting clubbed senseless while he was on the floor, another put both his hands in the air, palms open and facing toward the riot mentalist as if to say, 'Alright, I've had enough' - only to be clubbed several more times.

The United fans just weren't expecting such a reaction from them. If we get thro' and face Milan, I don't think our away fans will be charging at the home fans if we go a goal down.

To send a message to all visiting fans was probably the object of the exercise. The means of doing so did leave a nasty taste, however. Not to mention the physical damage to the blokes on the receiving end.

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I think we probably went (Milan) when they were on best behaviour.

thewizeard
04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I apologise... more an Arsenal supporter, personally

I think they played brilliantly :) for 10 men with 10 legs!! f******* Ref ... is it acceptable to use the more correct terminology, "fucking"referee?