PDA

View Full Version : SCN, Predictions?

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 03:59 AM
The new site SCN. Some people (like me) think it is going to become a great site at the ranks of SCT and FTN while others think it's going to bomb. Post here what you think about it and don't post if you aren't going to tell why

edit: don't ask for the link or for invites

iraverde
04-05-2007, 04:05 AM
What is link ?

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 04:10 AM
What is link ?

don't ask don't tell

4iromatic
04-05-2007, 04:15 AM
hmm... don't be too optimistic

look what happened to scp

just don't expect it to be in the rank of sct or ftn any time soon

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 04:18 AM

I'll say it again. If you want to state your point one way or another say why

RTFM
04-05-2007, 04:19 AM
I think it definitely has great potential, but with all things, it may take time. Only time will tell. ;)

WHRST
04-05-2007, 04:33 AM
It sounds good, but unless i am able to seed back well enough i probably wont use it since it seems like they are getting alot fast uploaders

sketchyca
04-05-2007, 04:33 AM
They are trying hard but you can't tell... shit happens sysop's can get into a fight and then tracker goes down... life is full of unknowns but from what I saw it looks promising and they are really doing all they can to make sure they succeed.

p.s. lol I got 3 pm's in like 10 mins just asking me the url... sure is popular hopefully it's gonna stay secret for a while...

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 04:34 AM
It sounds good, but unless i am able to seed back well enough i probably wont use it since it seems like they are getting alot fast uploaders

That's only because the first 200 members they get are going to be uploaders. The remaining 4800 will be regular users (I assume)

4iromatic
04-05-2007, 04:55 AM

I'll say it again. If you want to state your point one way or another say why

why?

because torrent sites never start up fast like everyone thinks it will
example: everyone expected scp to be a hit (with the uploaders, users and admin frenzy before the opening) but it came out really really slow after the opening

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 05:03 AM
thank you :yup:

cMw
04-05-2007, 05:05 AM
200 uploaders? i.e. 200 ppl leeching off sct and ftn? classy site

RTFM
04-05-2007, 05:18 AM

Why did I know you were going to post something negative here? :dry:

Seriously, at least wait until it opens before running your mouth.

cMw
04-05-2007, 05:22 AM

and you would be from mininova? :01:

RTFM
04-05-2007, 05:27 AM

Hilarious, really.

I didn't even say the site was going to be the most incredible tracker ever or something like that, just that it has potential and we'll see how good it is when it opens.

This is just stupid...

cMw
04-05-2007, 05:37 AM

Hilarious, really.

I didn't even say the site was going to be the most incredible tracker ever or something like that, just that it has potential and we'll see how good it is when it opens.

This is just stupid...
:ph34r:

name in use
04-05-2007, 05:45 AM
you want your site to be a success,my predictions,well if staff at SCN is reading this then let me say this.

1.please have a pre chan for some class of users,it would be nice if you could
select an option on the site to link to the chan. that would be hot,i dont think anyone is doing this yet,so may be the first and that would be a NICE FEATURE.
2.on name changes,please allow those,within reason of course and situation.
3.fast pre times [hence - uploaders 0day apply thread]
4.nice content and some free leeches to gain momentum.
5.a seedbox section would FUCKIN OWN , like video tutorial with something like secureCRT [putty sucks] and how to go about doing it and be the bittorrent seedbox knowledgebase for bittorrent sceners <- gotta love that term,i just made it up! LOL
6.make site SSL encrypted? <- TLS if you want,both are good to me along with the ports used for tracker.
7.remove all ip's off site and dont show upload/download on tracker,or who invites you,i fuckin hate when i can see who did invite me or vice versa,i appreciate theyre work but i hate the linkage. fuck a invite tree!
8.make everything anonymous like uploads,etc and park feature.
9.allow spam to some degree
10.get scene notice put out about your site <- blow your shit UP but in a bad way but good way LOL

my predictions are simple,you want to be on top,then you need to treat your site like a "real" site. you know what im referring too. if you had a dupecheck feature embedded into the code on the forum or tracker somewhere like profile,my god.. that shit would too insane. i just dont think any site is capable of it yet plus the risk but damn,that would be the ultimate feature. f'the dumb shit. thats my prediction,you wanna be the best,theres some good ways.

my thoughts..............................1

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 05:46 AM
cMw: Why are you such and asshole?!
Name in use: Nice

name in use
04-05-2007, 05:49 AM
thanks man. i wish you guys the best seriously =D

kirktrix
04-05-2007, 05:49 AM
I wonder why SCN is not in this list......

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446

RTFM
04-05-2007, 05:51 AM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446)

Probably because it's currently only open for uploaders. ;)

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 06:07 AM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446)

and it's not open yet, how do you judge it?

kirktrix
04-05-2007, 06:26 AM

and it's not open yet, how do you judge it?

That's why I can't find the site.....Tnx....:)

RTFM
04-05-2007, 06:30 AM
You won't be able to find it when it's open either, it's super secret. :ph34r:

J/K :D

I'm losing it...need sleep

woolenundies
04-05-2007, 06:35 AM
blah blah blah

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 06:37 AM
s****************.___

delete that. No posting urls

woolenundies
04-05-2007, 06:38 AM
it's already been posted before

RTFM
04-05-2007, 06:39 AM

kirktrix
04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
You won't be able to find it when it's open either, it's super secret. :ph34r:

J/K :D

I'm losing it...need sleep

Wow super secret..... :)

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 07:06 AM
It's censored for a reason. Don't be an ass to the community, just remove it.
It's not even a day old. Don't disobey the rules already

aburyach
04-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I think the first rule is not to over-hype it...you can't expect a ScT-type site, it will take at least 3+ months. By over-hyping, users start hording accounts and no real activity occurs on the site. In the end, it dies a slow and painful death. Just don't overhype.

mievmo
04-05-2007, 08:31 AM
let's wait and see

walczanin
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Give it some time, and in 6-12 months, who knows maybe it will develope in they way staff would like it....
One thing is sure, it will be desired, cuz there will be no open signups.......
And do not compare it to SCP, u all know what caused its failure.

redMonster
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I just saw the site. I really like the design.

cMw
04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Give it some time, and in 6-12 months, who knows maybe it will develope in they way staff would like it....
yea the fact that it started on here

Something Else
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
yeah it looks sweet. Are they gonna open signups ever???

Sentient
04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
lmao, cmw. Dont you have anything better to do than abuse the noobs?

Haha, you got me in the mood too, url is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you think we have filters just for the heck of it? It has been requested by the sites owner that it not be allowed, and we respect that - so should you. - Skizo

SHUVT
04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I think the site will do well if they take their time and make sure they have enough uploaders and the right connections to get the scene release material. It seems that they are going to take their time and do it right, so I think they will be good to go if they don't have any staff issues. I have not actually seen the over hype yet either, just a few threads asking for uploaders. Wish them the best on getting it off the ground.

walczanin
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
yeah it looks sweet. Are they gonna open signups ever???

:noes:

RainRoofer
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I won't say anything and make hype, you'll just have to wait and see.

cMw
04-06-2007, 02:47 AM
lmao, cmw. Dont you have anything better to do than abuse the noobs?

Haha, you got me in the mood too, url is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you think we have filters just for the heck of it? It has been requested by the sites owner that it not be allowed, and we respect that - so should you. - Skizo

aww mah brotha i would pm u for the link but both our priveleges are disabled rofl

and i do have better things to do, but i always set aside time for my daily dose of laughter that is this forum

direstraits
04-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I think the first rule is not to over-hype it...you can't expect a ScT-type site, it will take at least 3+ months. By over-hyping, users start hording accounts and no real activity occurs on the site. In the end, it dies a slow and painful death. Just don't overhype.

:yup:

:yup:

You are right guys, theres nothing like experience :)

Bucktoof
04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm guessing then the predictions are left to the people who are already members.

Maybe this thread was too inviting to some others who have no idea what the site is or looks like :D

Alco23
04-06-2007, 10:05 AM
All I can see is the front door and it looks "bling" enough. I like the graphite colour scheme :).

It's a bit too late to try and not hype it. Once the users here caught wind of it the hype generated automatically.
It sounds like the guys running the show at SCN are seasoned tracker users and must know what users like and dislike, so that should equate to a well run tracker with staff that tie in nicely with the users. Well that's what I hope anyway.

Hope to join you guys when you officially open (by open I mean start inviting users). If not, good luck anyway.

test112
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I say SCN is gonna be focking great. Uploaders have goddamm fast axx and goddamm fast speeds!!!

If you got an SCN invite consider yourself lucky.

Itachi_Avenger
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
scn will be a great tracker.But it takes time of course

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
The site looks great as I meantioned in another thread or possibly this one.
The staff seem to have more of an idea about torrents than some already existing sites staff I have seen around.
They seem to have already put alot of time and effort into the site. Hopefully it pays off.
The only thing they are currently lacking in my opinion as of right now is uploaders (As you can see they are at least making an effort to look for some though.)
I think the site will be just fine once it gets off the ground.

AugustoP
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Found the URL, finally.
Site is buggy as hell and there're 80 users registered there. No sign-up.

ZiP90
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
i had scn account, but i disabled, because i dont login for a week... miserable...

phrenzy
04-06-2007, 04:00 PM
PM me if you all are still looking for seeders...............

nikmash232
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
i think its going to be good because many people there have seedboxes...

and Sct is getting worse..because of the pay to recieve invites

Backthatassup
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Im sure it will be with the likes of FTN and SCT soon, wonder what its like :/

walczanin
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
i had scn account, but i disabled, because i dont login for a week... miserable...

like it was said b4, there are still some bugs, which are beeing dealt atm
Not that staff is disabling accs after 1 week inactivity;)

nikmash232
04-07-2007, 01:09 AM

like it was said b4, there are still some bugs, which are beeing dealt atm
Not that staff is disabling accs after 1 week inactivity;)

yea that would suck only 1 week!

deuce6000
04-07-2007, 01:41 AM
It is going to be a great site because of the users that are already there.Great community with good speed usually makes a good site.We will see though.