PDA

View Full Version : MY PT account has been BLOCKED!

mbucari1
04-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I traded for a PT account about a week ago, and didn't use it until today. So, today I thought I'd get my ratio up. I downloaded a torrent and started downloading the file from my seedbox. Later, I go to login and I'm told that the account has been blocked! Does anyone speek Polish who can talk to the mods on irc?

Kwejk
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
The staff on PT knows english. :)

elioo
04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
here you can talk with mods:
irc.polishtracker.org
#pt-support (irc://irc.polishtracker.org:6665/pt-support)

mbucari1
04-05-2007, 07:06 PM
thank you very much. will try this out.

well, they told me why it was disabled. I was downloading 1 torrent (my first, over 8GB) and my ratio was under .6 after downloading 2GB. They didn't even give me a few hours to correct it. They just banned me on the spot!

Something Else
04-05-2007, 08:01 PM
wow, maybe start smaller...

mbucari1
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah, thanks. The reason I got it is beacuse it was new with a high demand. I should have told utorrent to just download part. But, I thought that PT was like every other tracker I've used. If your ratio drops below an acceptable level, you have time to raise it. Oh well, next foreign site I join I will get a translator for the rules. Too bad. PT just went up to 4.

Something Else
04-05-2007, 08:36 PM
that is pretty damn harsh though. There are plenty Nazi-ish mods about to smack you if you put a foot out of line. Some seem to enjoy it too.....Power breeds corruption in some cases or in others simply goes to their head....Did it look any good? PT????

mbucari1
04-05-2007, 08:42 PM
this wasn't the mods, the system is configured to automatically ban low ratios as soon as they dip below the acceptable level. It's just bad policy. At least give a day. At the rate I was uploading, I would have had over 1 (with all 8GB) in a few hours.