PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilder chest problems

supper
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
hii every one iam bodybuilder form along time ago but the problem here is my cheast no growen up as the rest of my body iwanna find solution for this problem and if any one have problem with any part of his body post it ihave not bad info about this sport:ph34r:

Skiz
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
hii every one iam bodybuilder form along time ago but the problem here is my cheast no growen up as the rest of my body iwanna find solution for this problem and if any one have problem with any part of his body post it ihave not bad info about this sport:ph34r:

Surely there's another forum that would be more beneficial than a file-sharing forum. :ermm:

supper
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
thanx but in what section plz

Skiz
04-06-2007, 12:45 PM
This forum is based around filesharing, not body building.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=bodybuilding+forum&spell=1

supper
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
oh itougth ipost my topic in sport section sorry

Snee
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Seeing as how bodybuilding is a sport and all, I reckon you did post in the right place, as far as this forum goes, so don't listen to skizo.

Obviously there are boards dedicated to this sort of thing (any idiot can see that, obviously), but if you want to ask on this board, this is where it should go.

Can't really help you tho', not my area.

Here's how you ought to look. (http://www.musclenet.com/proportion.htm)

Otherwise I s'pose you ought to use lighter weights and lower resistance for the part of your body you think is overdeveloped (if you still want to keep it toned), while increasing the load on other parts of your body. Shouldn't be too hard, but I imagine it'll take some time to catch up.

madden player
04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I had the same problem with my quads. My diet, my training, supplementation, etc.. was all spot on, and my legs failed to grow at the same rate as the rest of my body.

What worked for me was to prioritize my quads. I would schedule my training week around my legs. I always make sure to rest the day before and after heavy squats. Try something similar wiht your chest.

also, muscles are built in the kitchen. EAT and drink plenty of H20.

:01:

popopot
04-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I had the same problem with my quads. My diet, my training, supplementation, etc.. was all spot on, and my legs failed to grow at the same rate as the rest of my body.

What worked for me was to prioritize my quads. I would schedule my training week around my legs. I always make sure to rest the day before and after heavy squats. Try something similar wiht your chest.

And don't over train! Over training is worse than not doing any training because you will loose muscle mass.

bmwM5
04-06-2007, 08:43 PM
stop whining , start bench pressing
low reps (4-6) , all angels (flat inc dec) , many sets (atleast 4 each angle)
than start eating protein , 2-2.5gram\1kg ratio , 6-7 meals a day

Busyman™
04-06-2007, 11:10 PM

Heavy weight
Low reps
Plenty of protein (15 minutes before, 15 minutes after workout)
Plenty of rest
Workout even if you happen to be sluggish
Moderate cardio

Give it 2-3 months.

If that doesn't work then you were meant to have a bird chest.

Part of bodybuilding is genetics.

supper
04-06-2007, 11:39 PM
well thanx peapole for help iwill try to do as ur advice and thanx snee for helping bodybulding its sport as any sport so its the right section ihope we help each other here about traning trading our info

Skiz
04-07-2007, 03:32 AM
Seeing as how bodybuilding is a sport and all, I reckon you did post in the right place, as far as this forum goes, so don't listen to skizo.

Obviously there are boards dedicated to this sort of thing (any idiot can see that, obviously), but if you want to ask on this board, this is where it should go.

Otherwise I s'pose you ought to use lighter weights and lower resistance for the part of your body you think is overdeveloped (if you still want to keep it toned), while increasing the load on other parts of your body. Shouldn't be too hard, but I imagine it'll take some time to catch up.

I never said it was the wrong section or not allowed, otherwise the thread would have been trashed. All I said was that he could find users who would be more beneficial to his subject matter at a forum based around bodybuilding, rather than a file sharing forum - which is unarguably true.

Don't be an arse just to do so. :dry:

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 05:19 AM

I never said it was the wrong section or not allowed, otherwise the thread would have been trashed. All I said was that he could find users who would be more beneficial to his subject matter at a forum based around bodybuilding, rather than a file sharing forum - which is unarguably true.

Actually, Skiz, you didn't say all a dat.:ermm:

This is not the first someone has asked about bidybuilding on here.

In many cases, others have given advice or pointed the person in the right direction via a link.

Your post sounded more like he should piss off.

You even used the :ermm: and everything and evennnnn.

Snee I think his chest is under developed.:unsure:

Skiz
04-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Actually, Skiz, you didn't say all a dat.

That's exactly what I said. :huh:

These 2 posts.....

Surely there's another forum that would be more beneficial than a file-sharing forum.

This forum is based around filesharing, not body building.

Summed up here......

All I said was that he could find users who would be more beneficial to his subject matter at a forum based around bodybuilding, rather than a file sharing forum - which is unarguably true.

Whatever though, not nearly a big enough deal to start a debate over.

supper
04-07-2007, 11:59 AM

u could make 4 sets before every time u start ur traning by bar its iwill help idid this strategy before and its worked just fine and dont worry about over traning for legs coz legs its the stongest part of ur body its can handel the hard work its only my openien:cry:

:naughty:skzio if u have problem with bodybuilding ican make new topic about cheerleaders ihave good info maybe it will be useful to you just tell me when u be ready dude

Snee
04-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Like I said, any idiot could see that there are other boards dedicated to bodybuilding (which you'd noticed if you'd read the whole thing I wrote). That doesn't mean that you have the right to bully him if he posts about it here. If he wants to try here as well, then power to him.

Are you trying to drive new people away by telling them they can't ask about stuff you don't think belongs here, arse?

---

@Busy: I reckoned you might as well say that the rest of his body is overdeveloped :unsure:

Skiz
04-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Like I said, any idiot could see that there are other boards dedicated to bodybuilding (which you'd noticed if you'd read the whole thing I wrote). That doesn't mean that you have the right to bully him if he posts about it here. If he wants to try here as well, then power to him.

Are you trying to drive new people away by telling them they can't ask about stuff you don't think belongs here, arse?

"Bullying"?? I was giving a suggestion. :blink:

I certainly didn't tell him he couldn't post the information. Double- :blink: -age

Snee
04-07-2007, 02:05 PM

"Bullying"?? I was giving a suggestion. :blink:

I certainly didn't tell him he couldn't post the information. Double- :blink: -age

Uh-huh. You just came in, posted that there are better places for it, said that this place isn't about bodybuilding and posted a link out of here. It's not as if
Your post sounded more like he should piss off. Or anything.

You don't actually even read what you post yourself, do you?

EDit: and that's pretty much all you contributed to the thread. You didn't even try to help, ffs.

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
@Busy: I reckoned you might as well say that the rest of his body is overdeveloped :unsure:

Actually the rest of his body is probably likes he wants it. If you attained huge arms through bodybuilding but have a bird chest, I doubt you'd want to tone down your workout on your arms so much that you lose what you built.

You just increase the load on your chest.

Snee
04-07-2007, 02:23 PM

Actually the rest of his body is probably likes he wants it. If you attained huge arms through bodybuilding but have a bird chest, I doubt you'd want to tone down your workout on your arms so much that you lose what you built.

Aight, my bad then. Didn't think it could be interpreted quite like that.

But even so, catching up should be faster if he went with lighter weights for the rest of his body for a bit, like what I said he could :unsure: The question is what's more important, building more muscles or achieving symmetry :idunno:

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Aight, my bad then. Didn't think it could be interpreted quite like that.

But even so, catching up should be faster if he went with lighter weights for the rest of his body for a bit, like what I said he could :unsure: The question is what's more important, building more muscles or achieving symmetry :idunno:

Not having symmetry would be if he had one arm bigger than the other or one pec bigger than the other.

Also based on what he said, he would have to have arms with very little definition to achieve this "symmetry" that you speak.

Snee
04-07-2007, 02:31 PM

That's symmetry, apparently, having those proportions.

And I'm talking about catching up, not going backwards :dabs:

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 03:01 PM

....according the website, you mean.

You will go backwards by not maintaining the workout you've been doing.

Saying he should lessen his weights didn't sound right to me.

He should actually stay on the same weights and not increase them for the other muscle groups if anything.

For instance, I been using 25 pounds for my triceps kickbacks for awhile now. I shouldn't increase my weight even one pound but I should definitely stay at that weight. I would not decrease to 20 (or 15) to build up my chest more.:blink:

However, I did forget to mention that he should do chest and arms on separate days.

Working out one tires the other.

Having strong arms helps work the chest more. For instance, because my arms are stronger I am able to do more push-ups.

Separate days on those workouts isolate the muscles better.

I do arms and legs on the same day since they nothing to do with each other.

Snee
04-07-2007, 03:23 PM

According to charts you can find at gyms as well, and according to the standard for people who compete in the sport, AFAIK.

But it's been a while, so I may have the numbers wrong.

The site says this as well:

Keep in mind that these numbers are figured out for avid male bodybuilders and may have to be adjusted if you are a woman or if you wish to maintain a different bodytype than the ripped, proportioned bodybuilders.

But those numbers apply to the last body-type. I figured it'd help to have a common frame of reference. And that's what is the standard for males in the sport. That way he can determine if he's officially too weak in the chest-area, like.

Saying he shouldn't lessen his weights didn't sound right to me.

If he goes with lighter weights, he'll still keep the muscles toned, but he won't be adding to his overall muscle-mass (EDit: as much as he would with heavier weights, that is, a small gain is probably unavoidable if he wants to maintain what he already has), he won't be going backwards, again AFAIK. But that depends on how much he lightens the load, obviously, if he cuts down on it too much, he will be going backwards.

He should actually stay on the same weights and not increase them for the other muscle groups if anything.

For instance, I been using 25 pounds for my triceps kickbacks for awhile now. I shouldn't increase my weight even one pound but I should definitely stay at that weight. I would not decrease to 20 (or 15) to build up my chest more.:blink:
That may well be better depending on how fast he wants to catch up and that. And, as I said, this isn't my area of expertise, so I could be off on how much one gains by lightening the weights. I haven't even tried it myself, I've only heard others talk about doing it.

It's been a long time since I had anything to do with owt of this sort, and even then it was just a means to a different end, ie to build up my strength so I'd be better at another sport.

If you reckon you know what you are talking about, then the guy should listen to you more than I.

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 03:34 PM
According to charts you can find at gyms as well, and according to the standard for people who compete in the sport, AFAIK.

But it's been a while, so I may have the numbers wrong.

The site says this as well:

Keep in mind that these numbers are figured out for avid male bodybuilders and may have to be adjusted if you are a woman or if you wish to maintain a different bodytype than the ripped, proportioned bodybuilders.

But those numbers apply to the last body-type. I figured it'd help to have a common frame of reference. And that's what is the standard for males in the sport. That way he can determine if he's officially too weak in the chest-area, like.

Saying he shouldn't lessen his weights didn't sound right to me.

If he goes with lighter weights, he'll still keep the muscles toned, but he won't be adding to his overall muscle-mass, he won't be going backwards, again AFAIK. But that depends on how much he lightens the load, obviously, if he cuts down on it too much, he will be going backwards.

That may well be better depending on how fast he wants to catch up and that. And, as I said, this isn't my area of expertise, so I could be off on how much one gains by lightening the weights. I haven't even tried it myself, I've only heard others talk about doing it.

It's been a long time since I had anything to do with owt of this sort, and even then it was just a means to a different end, ie to build up my strength so I'd be better at another sport.

If you reckon you know what you are talking about, then the guy should listen to you more than I.

Yeah many times a bodybuilders will have bigger shoulders or arms than the rest of his body and that will stand out and impress.

I'm not saying that having a bird along with ripped everything else is good by any stretch.

I'm saying you don't significantly reduce your workout in other areas to play catch-up. It's obvious that his is not naturally geared to having mass or he is not properly isolating it.

For example, I can lay off working out for a bit and go "softer" but start to look ripped and bigger and 2 weeks time. Another example is that it has never been natural for me to have a bird chest in the first place. For him, it's probably the way he is so it's going to be harder for him to put muscle mass there.

Snee
04-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm saying you don't significantly reduce your workout in other areas to play catch-up. It's obvious that his is not naturally geared to having mass or he is not properly isolating it.

Fair enough. damet, take heed of that.

If you were thinking of following my advice, be sure to keep the above in mind. Don't go too far on reducing the resistance on what you work with, if you decide to try it at all.

supper
04-07-2007, 04:15 PM

However, I did forget to mention that he should do chest and arms on separate days.

Having strong arms helps work the chest more. For instance, because my arms are stronger I am able to do more push-ups.

I do arms and legs on the same day since they nothing to do with each other. iam at ur side in just one part arms is important yea but its not every thing its not the whole body if ihave big arms this is not mean ihave so big wide chest or big shoulder arms will help me to do more raps maybe but iam sure u saw guys with so tiny arms but thay have big chest arms its just one part u need to rise the rest but its good point u add

If you were thinking of following my advice, be sure to keep the above in mind. Don't go too far on reducing the resistance on what you work with, if you decide to try it at all.
itought its not ur area as u said before u seem to me like pro lol thanx for advice mate:cool:

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 06:38 PM

I do arms and legs on the same day since they nothing to do with each other. iam at ur side in just one part arms is important yea but its not every thing its not the whole body if ihave big arms this is not mean ihave so big wide chest or big shoulder arms will help me to do more raps maybe but iam sure u saw guys with so tiny arms but thay have big chest arms its just one part u need to rise the rest but its good point u add

itought its not ur area as u said before u seem to me like pro lol thanx for advice mate:cool:

Yeah Snee/SnnY is a smart bloke.:yes:

As far as my advice, I am a pretty proportioned muscle-wise and advised folks I know to successful workout regimens.

You have 3 body types

Endomorph - basically fat
Ectomorph - skinny
Mesomorph - muscular

A mesomorph is naturally muscular. Many times it is hard for an ectomorph to gain mass but they tone really easy.

tralalala
04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry o be a little off topic, but going to another area of the body -

What would be the best way to tone and get my abs looking good? I mean, literally the whole of my upper and lower body is strong, and looks a'ight.. It's the abs I am totally unsatisfied with, as I look quite fattish just in that area. I IS genetic, as my dad has this belly thing at the lower part of the abs and so do I.. and no matter how hard I work on the lower abs it simply doesn't give.. :(

What should I do?

Busyman™
04-07-2007, 08:06 PM

What would be the best way to tone and get my abs looking good? I mean, literally the whole of my upper and lower body is strong, and looks a'ight.. It's the abs I am totally unsatisfied with, as I look quite fattish just in that area. I IS genetic, as my dad has this belly thing at the lower part of the abs and so do I.. and no matter how hard I work on the lower abs it simply doesn't give.. :(

What should I do?

You can't quite say that's genetic.

I see skinny folks that have guts.

The problem with abs is that it's the most underused part of the body.
Couple that not eating right and there ya go....da gut.

This is why I work abs EVERYDAY. Think about it. In a normal day one may walk around a lot, and/or maybe pick up heavy items.

Where do abs come in? You use them in conjunction with your back for balance and such but not that much.

Lay on your back, stick your hands underneath your couch then lift your legs straight up so they are perpendicular to the floor then back down (but not touching the floor).

Start by doing three sets of 20 everyday (or whatever's comfortable).

A variation is to have someone stand overhead and when your toes are about to reach their face, they push your legs back down.

Remember to not let your legs or feet touch the floor.

The exercise is supposed to be a constant grind on your abs.
Get it in your head that you are going to be in pain.

This will work the entire middle of your abs.

For your obliques, lay on your back and turn your legs to your left side with knees bent.

Hands behind your head, right elbow facing your right hip

Now lift in short motions toward that right hip.

Repeat for the other side.

supper
04-08-2007, 01:27 AM

What should I do? u have to take care about ur food beside ur traning try to avoid any food with fat eat white egg and checken breasts rise with out oil make ur traning with more raps and more sets like 6 to 4 and raps like 15 to 8 try to run one day in the week and traning 6 days in the week 5 good luck its just my openion :cry:

ste247
04-12-2007, 08:58 AM
hi there m8 you could be over training the chest? how many times a week do you train it? once maybe twice aweek is more than enough or are you doing to many sets and also straight after traning spike the mucles with a hi carb drink such as powerade or lucozade and about ten minuites later have your protein the carbs from the powerade will help push the amino acids from the protein straight into the muscle there for resulting in better muscle growth long term......on ye pressing exercises keep ye reps low and heavy and on ye flys keep ye rep high and light.....feel free to email me with any outher questions on [email protected]

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
hi there m8 you could be over training the chest? how many times a week do you train it? once maybe twice aweek is more than enough or are you doing to many sets and also straight after traning spike the mucles with a hi carb drink such as powerade or lucozade and about ten minuites later have your protein the carbs from the powerade will help push the amino acids from the protein straight into the muscle there for resulting in better muscle growth long term......on ye pressing exercises keep ye reps low and heavy and on ye flys keep ye rep high and light.....feel free to email me with any outher questions on [email protected]

Don't forget proper rest (sleep).

DanB
04-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Steroidz ftw