PDA

View Full Version : If You Wanna Talk About Stuff Other Than Rap

Celerystalksme
06-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I wanna know of some punk, rock and metal bands who are local to your area and would have mp3's available on p2p...Plus the punk, rock and metal bands that you would rate that are already famous...Im on 6500mp3's and im getting stuck on what else i wanna listen too...hope you can help... :)

carbert
06-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Listen to Electric Six..cant get enough of them right now. Also, try The Descendents, Operation Ivy, Radiohead and Capdown ;) Bit of a mixed bag there

crazy_billy_bats
06-01-2003, 09:38 PM
four tet, electronica/jazz type music is very soothing, takes ur mind of craig muthafuck david for a sec (if ur into him)

Clear Illusions
06-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm really into 2 bands right now, A Static Lullaby and Rise Against.

porkshit
06-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Rise against are good, right now im into Authority Zero, Motion City Soundtrack, and Death By Stereo. check out the song Don't Call it A Comeback By motion city Soundtrack, and unstoppable by death by stereo. if you havent heard them already that is :)

Afronaut
06-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah, i'd like to see more threads about rock etc, not just Rap and whosbetter/best/etc stuff.
Im not dissing here so keep the battles and those stooopid remarks out of here ! :P

My latest new "found" was Andromeda (http://www.andromeda.space2u.com/)
, the progressive metal band, not the techno-thingie.
Specially album II = I (two is one) has a grip on me.

For local stuff, i gotta recommend Blofeld (http://www.home.no/blofeld/), they just got a single out,
they play 70's type off rock, lil' bit like Kiss. (got the whole album btw, its called Roctopussy)

And ofcourse, even more "underground" stuff: my own creations ! :lol:
Got some links on the sig, check em. Im on SoulSeek too, so if you
really wanna get more different-types-of-music, i suggest you try SS, it kicks butt !

Cheers:
-GS-

EDIT

He he, just found you in the KLF-MusicWorld room...
Got all the files in there on my shares, just browse and DL. :)

/EDIT

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-01-2003, 11:44 PM
:) Blues and Jazz.So many names of Artist and Bands out there though....will make a List later. :)

god-of-rock
06-01-2003, 11:55 PM
I discovered a cool band called The Bone Machine, it's a little heavy, but it was cool. Unfortunately I don't remember the guy who had it, and somehow I lost it from my shares... but it'll be there again one of theese days

And of course you should definately check out Guitar-Slingers tracks, compared to us (Blofeld) he actually knows how to PLAY the guitar

www.guitar-slinger.tk
www.thebonemachine.com
www.home.no/blofeld

Kurdt Kobain
06-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Artains, they are a local band from my school. They all just graduated. I went to their concert on wednesday night, bought a CD, converted the files, and put them on kazaa. im the only person on kazaa with them, so if you wanna hear some kick ass songs, or just help me out

A Ballad In B (sig2dat:///|File:A Ballad in B.mp3|Length:4068542Bytes,3973KB|UUHash:=iiOwYUjGNOjD2fpwE/z7oyQMKIc=|)

Drop Dead (sig2dat:///|File:Drop Dead.mp3|Length:4820869Bytes,4708KB|UUHash:=uSycY82HuJ32cF/X7j27hHgiLH4=|)

Hoping For the Best.mp3 (sig2dat:///|File:Hoping For the Best.mp3|Length:3432408Bytes,3352KB|UUHash:=rYTs+U8Boa5rNp8VgQRzRFKh2+E=|)

i have a dsl connection, so you should be able to get them fast, anytime

if for some reason they dont download, pm me, ill ill figure something out

*edit* ok, i give up, i cant figure out how to work those sig2dat things

Ad
06-02-2003, 03:02 AM
Jeff Lang
John Butler
Good blues stuff

Dogdip local band in my area of course no one would no them

Celerystalksme
06-02-2003, 04:23 AM
Thanks heaps guys...Especially GS...im downloading all your songs aswell as everyone from this post...gotta get you heard...i'll soon have the first song from blofeld...can't wait...and yeah guys keep it going...i agree we dont need all that verbal slinging and i hope we won't have to put up with it...so yeah guys keep the bands coming...

a band i know will go far one day is

The Butterfly Effect (i will sort them out and put them onto soulseek)...good up and coming metal band...

and yeah i live in a place that has a conservertorium and all the guys and gurls up here are really good..its just their not in bands...but if they were they would kick some serious ass...Well they got a combo band that does covers all the time (and some are better than the originals)...But yeah i hope some of these guys make it...

2nd gen noob
06-02-2003, 04:37 PM
http://www.tortillaboy.com/forum/html//emoticons/headbanger.gif

Lilmiss
06-02-2003, 06:13 PM
raging speedhorn are from my town. also the guy from k.l.f, his dad was the vicar at my old church. :)

Celerystalksme
06-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah i remember hearing about them...they toured with amen...i would love if someone had heaps of amen stuff on kazaa...but yeah i will search for raging speedhorn aswell...

Celerystalksme
06-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Meh if the rap guys keep bringing posts back from the dead so can i...anyways any new stuff to hear about...
I find it hard to find much stuff from australian bands...so im trying the best i can to put them onto kazaa and other places...

crazy_billy_bats
06-04-2003, 04:11 PM
check out the beta band if you havnt heard them already.
a lot of weird shit stuff,but some of its excellent

also sigur ros (weird icelandic music, chill-out type).
cant think of more now dude.