04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
i got this message 2day and i don't know what the meaning of keylogger :ph34r:
is it mean that someone is f stealing my passwords

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9615/keyloggerjm5.jpg

why i can't choose terminate and when i choose allow it pop up again

any help........

peat moss
04-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Its a trojan or virus that logs your every keyboard stroke . Nasty shit that can pick up banking info , passwords and the like .

medo
04-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Its a trojan or virus that logs your every keyboard stroke .

thanks
any software recommendation

peat moss
04-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Ya Kaspersky ! :lol: Just kidding as it finds it now asking you to terminate ? Sorry just reread your post .

I would disable System Restore then do a virus scan , is this KAV Internet Security ? If not what Firewall are you using ? It should be a simple fix as it picked it up in the first place . Check your Quarantine folder , do an update and scan again . :)

Here's some online scanners too as you can't trust one sometimes .

http://www.google.ca/search?q=online+virus+scan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

medo
04-07-2007, 11:45 AM
its kaspersky antivirus 6
i wasn't using any firewall program now iam sacnning with spy doctor and it found alot of infected files

thank u very much peat moss

peat moss
04-07-2007, 12:05 PM
its kaspersky antivirus 6
i wasn't using any firewall program now iam sacnning with spy doctor and it found alot of infected files

thank u very much peat moss

Oh no ! Why no Firewall ? You may need this proggy its quite good have used many times with great success , only a trial but delete the program after you 'v finished .

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Trojan-Remover.shtml

medo
04-07-2007, 12:15 PM
i thought kaspersky will be enough

about thats prog, i will give it try

peat moss
04-07-2007, 12:26 PM
And if that does n't work there are other programs and members to help . Hyjackthis comes to mind but I'm going to defer to other members more qualfied to help you there .

If truth be told it can get very frustrating and if it was me it might be faster formatting and reinstalling . Don't give up and keep posting here till you sort it , good luck .

medo
04-07-2007, 01:32 PM
the trojan remover is great and very simple to use i cleaned my pc with it then i made a full scan with spyware doctor and 0 files were infected and i am scanning now with my kaspersky to be more sure

thanks peat for help

peat moss
04-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Your very welcome , now two words of advice get a Firewall program . Oops is that three words ? Check your startup programs using a simple program like Ccleaner or Regcleaner and turn off System Restore , then run a Regcleaner to be sure .

Why do I get that sinking feeling something is still lurking in the background , just anal I guess .

thewizeard
04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Oeps, that's me...

Why not try, Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.2.614 - only 4 keys - 2008 ( I have this in share in SoulSeek)

and peat moss, firewall program is still only two words :) even with a capital F. :)

peat moss
04-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Oeps, that's me...

Why not try, Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.2.614 - only 4 keys - 2008 ( I have this in share in SoulSeek)

and peat moss, firewall program is still only two words :) even with a capital F. :)

Sometimes the older stuff works better ( Thats what I keep telling the wife ) 6.0.1.411 , no black listed keys and what not . Just a matter of choice I guess . :)