PDA

View Full Version : Just thought of a great new way to keep ratios.

mbucari1
04-07-2007, 07:10 PM
removed on request

LinkS v2.0
04-07-2007, 07:18 PM
cheat this is identical to the "summary ban".

But yes this will work on any tracker and you wont be "caught".

An easier way is to just remove the tracker from the tracker list and your client will no longer announce to the tracker hence free download.

Then again I dont recommend cheating

mbucari1
04-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh, that's what that "summary ban" is in all the FAQs. Well, I didn't think of it as cheating, but I guess it is. I noticed it when I closed utorrent and it didn't report my stats. I went back to my profile on the site and the torrents were still shown as active.

Friendly Fire
04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I think it would work, but wouldnt it be considered...cheating? It has happened to me that my pc crashes once in a while and i have to restart it.

Since the client doesnt announce to the tracker, it doesnt update the stats. So what you're saying is basically the same without the crashing part. But done on purpose...

LinkS v2.0
04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh, that's what that "summary ban" is in all the FAQs. Well, I didn't think of it as cheating, but I guess it is. I noticed it when I closed utorrent and it didn't report my stats. I went back to my profile on the site and the torrents were still shown as active.

unfortunately this has been know for a while by cheaters and you can ask most tracker owners they'll all say there is no way to detect this without banning most legit users :dabs:

mbucari1
04-07-2007, 07:26 PM

unfortunately this has been know for a while by cheaters and you can ask most tracker owners they'll all say there is no way to detect this without banning most legit users :dabs:
OH, well I won't be a part of this then. I don't like to break the rules. Guess will have to work like before. Though seedbox is making it much easier :D

RTFM
04-07-2007, 07:27 PM
That's pretty similar to ghost leeching (downloading without reporting to the tracker). It is cheating and bad for the system.

Plus, with a seedbox, who needs that? :D

mbucari1
04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
never heard of ghost leeching. Only cheat I've ever heard of is the ont that reports fake stats.

kayvanblue
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
removed on request

aryan1
04-07-2007, 07:50 PM
it is cheating man!!!!coz u will be doing it on purpose....edit ur post

joyntkid
04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
yeh, edit your post before every n00b here tries that.

Exploit
04-07-2007, 08:20 PM
there are trackers that ban you if they catch this...it is pretty simple to detect.
and it is a cheat method....this is not filesharing...why is it here?

LinkS v2.0
04-07-2007, 08:24 PM
there are trackers that ban you if they catch this...it is pretty simple to detect.
and it is a cheat method....this is not filesharing...why is it here?

I am 100% sure that this wont be caught. You could even ask any tracker owner.

ghetet
04-07-2007, 08:43 PM
this means that i have to stick my ........ to the computer all the time
:dry: bad idea

makksoft
04-07-2007, 08:50 PM
this is cheating you are not sharing you are just taking. If everybody does this then the next time you want to download something there will be nobody to seed it for you.

tesco
04-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Closed.
Hacking/cheating discussion is not allowed here.