PDA

View Full Version : Best DVD Ripper?

Busyman™
04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I've used

1. AnyDVD w/ DVD Shrink

and

2. RipIt4Me w/DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink

Now I'm trying Clone DVD and it seems the best.

Any suggestions?

The drawback to option one is that I am basically ripping the movie twice.

Option two doesn't work in many cases (Sony and Disney mainly).

WHiKWiRE
04-10-2007, 03:01 AM
I'd say RipIt4Me w/DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink is your best bet for DVD Ripping. RipIt4Me is regularly updated so it can handle recently released DVD's that have updated their Arcoss (Sony) or RipGuard (Disney) protocol.

AndrewBarker
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I just use 'DVDFab Decrypter' (free)

and

'DVD Shrink'

Busyman™
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah now I have Clone DVD (crack by Resin) and it does everything in one shot.

Are there any other suggestions for ripping a movie ONE TIME and shrinking in one shot?

I hate having to rip a movie and having a 7GB version then have to shrink it to 4.7GB.:dry:

Clone DVD is a little weird.

I just ripped Millenium Season 1 Disc 3 and it was only 1.3 GB yet the disc is 7 gigs.:blink:

Sumfin' ain't roight.:no:

Now I did rip A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints and that was 4.1GB.

I have yet to burn it to see what's up though.

snowultra
04-11-2007, 03:50 AM
i use clone dvd, it works great. i cant figure out how to burn it with nero? other than that, it only takes like 10 minutes to rip. i would love it if i could figure out how to burn it.

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
i use clone dvd, it works great. i cant figure out how to burn it with nero? other than that, it only takes like 10 minutes to rip. i would love it if i could figure out how to burn it.

You mean you've been using Clone DVD and have never burnt a disc?:blink:

It's possible the movie wasn't ripped correctly.

Hax
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
To rip DVDs I use DVD Shrink 3.2. After that, I use AutoGK to convert it to AVI for my MP3 player.

For ripping and copying to a blank disc, I just compress the DVD a bit, taking away languages and uninteresting extras. Then I burn with Nero.

mikechrobot
04-16-2007, 10:50 PM
VirtualDubMod if u want to encode

lightshow
04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Busyman, if you want to shrink you dvd's you are going to have to do it in the 2 shot deal.

I don't believe it is possible to take a dvd9 and reburn it as a dvd5 without first putting the dvd9 files on the hard disk to have it re-encode then later burn.

So, yeah, sorry I think you'll have to stay with the two step process and always have it temporally store the movie on your hard drive.

A DVD5 to DVD5 copy is a different story, but I'm sure you already know that.

Virtualbody1234
04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Busyman, if you want to shrink you dvd's you are going to have to do it in the 2 shot deal.

I don't believe it is possible to take a dvd9 and reburn it as a dvd5 without first putting the dvd9 files on the hard disk to have it re-encode then later burn.

So, yeah, sorry I think you'll have to stay with the two step process and always have it temporally store the movie on your hard drive.

Can't he just use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter?

- Insert original DVD.
- Open DVD Shrink.
- Click the Open Disc button.
- Select titles and languages etc (if desired).
- Click Backup>Select backup target>ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter.

It will Rip, Encode and Burn all in one pass. After the encoding phase it will ask for a blank disc. You can even set DVD Decrypter to automatically delete the image after successful burn.

I personally prefer to have the whole contents ripped to the drive first. that allows me to have temporary a backup copy. Sometimes media fails.

Busyman™
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM

Can't he just use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter?

- Insert original DVD.
- Open DVD Shrink.
- Click the Open Disc button.
- Select titles and languages etc (if desired).
- Click Backup>Select backup target>ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter.

It will Rip, Encode and Burn all in one pass. After the encoding phase it will ask for a blank disc. You can even set DVD Decrypter to automatically delete the image after successful burn.

I personally prefer to have the whole contents ripped to the drive first. that allows me to have temporary a backup copy. Sometimes media fails.

Thanks for the help but both of guys are missing something.

1. I burn my images with Nero with no problems. I never use Decrypter to burn. I'm talking about ripping. Burning is no problem whatsoever.

2. DVD Shrink does not work with certain Sony and Disney DVDs.

I must use RipIt4Me it then opens DVD Decrypter and it rips the entire DVD which is usually DVD9. That's one step and I end up with a 7 gig or so video ts.

...but then I must shrink it using DVD Shrink which creates the 4.4 gig video ts.

I wanted a one step solution that

Gets past Sony's protection
Shrinks the DVD to single layer

in one shot.

Clone DVD seems to works.....but then it doesn't.

What I do is

1. rent online from Blockbuster (4 at a time right now)
2. rip all 4 movies
3. return movies to the store which
4. nets me 4 free in-store rentals which opens my cue online then I
5. rip the 4 in-store movies but hold them (you get a week FFS) then
6. rip the next 4 online rentals I receive then
7. take all 8 (4 online, 4 in-store) rentals back to Blockbuster then
8. goto to line 4.

I ripped some movies using Clone DVD but didn't try to burn them yet. I reripped using RipIt/Decrypt/Shrink to make sure I had good copies.

I ripped one movie with Clone and it only took 16 minutes which smells of bullshit. I also had one movie that was dual-layer (7+ gigs) but after Clone it was 1.36 gigs which smells of bullshit.

Virtualbody1234
04-17-2007, 02:29 AM
I know what your saying. My post above was just a simplified way to copy in one pass.

Just about everything works that way with DVD Shrink but also with the latest AnyDVD running in the background.

Some copy protection causes problems. The rare one that doesn't work has to be tried many different ways.

So far I've been able to copy everything using:

AnyDVD
DVD Shrink
DVD Decrypter
CloneDVD2
and sometimes even using FixVTS.exe on the ripped copy on the HDD to be able to open it with DVD Shrink or CloneDVD.

Busyman™
04-17-2007, 02:54 AM
I know what your saying. My post above was just a simplified way to copy in one pass.

Just about everything works that way with DVD Shrink but also with the latest AnyDVD running in the background.

Some copy protection causes problems. The rare one that doesn't work has to be tried many different ways.

So far I've been able to copy everything using:

AnyDVD
DVD Shrink
DVD Decrypter
CloneDVD2
and sometimes even using FixVTS.exe on the ripped copy on the HDD to be able to open it with DVD Shrink or CloneDVD.

I do the exact same.

1. AnyDVD/DVD Shrink
2. RipIt4Me/DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink
3. Clone DVD2 (not really tested)

I've had to use FixVTS maybe twice. I have had to use RipIt4Me on multiple occasions because of Sony discs. I use to get around Sony's crap by inserting a different image in the beginning of the disc (instead of having that man that jumps up in the air for a split second) but that was the old way.

The Any/Shrink combo doesn't cut it for the Sony discs and that's when I have to go 2-step. Otherwise it's easy as cake. I'm ripping Dungeons & Dragons Disc 5 right now.

The AnyDVD/Clone DVD2/Mobile/HD-DVD is a crack from rESin.

mbucari1
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I prefer clonedvd2, I use it for all my uploads. You can remove all those annoying government threats and advertisements. You can also get rid of the extras and still retain menu structure and functionality.

Busyman™
04-20-2007, 01:26 AM
I prefer clonedvd2, I use it for all my uploads. You can remove all those annoying government threats and advertisements. You can also get rid of the extras and still retain menu structure and functionality.

I might try it again. Thanks.

I noticed the FBI threats have this guy that gets yellow drawing on him.

It's quite weird.

zizoor
04-22-2007, 02:49 PM
thanks

fstrulz
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Best Software for Ripping DVDs:
Ripit4me

Best Software for Encoding DVDs:
DVD-Rebuilder Pro with CCE SP 2.7

SnipeR19
04-24-2007, 10:44 AM
'DVDFab Decrypter(Buy)

golden77
05-13-2007, 08:45 AM
cheers

Saroman
05-14-2007, 07:07 PM
AutoGK doest decent work for me

digmen1
06-18-2007, 04:04 AM
HI Guys,

Great thread

Which of these programs are free to use. Ie not commercial or shareware.

Kind Regards

Digby

raspberry1331
06-18-2007, 08:30 AM
dvdshrink and autogk are free for sure

Virtualbody1234
06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
DVD Decrypter is also freeware.

digmen1
06-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys

I am having great difficulty getting some of these "free programs".

It seems that Ripit4me, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter have ceased development and no longer have official web sites.

I have tried to get a couple of rar files of these programs, but they seem full of bugs etc.

Can anyone suggest a good place where I can get a good copy of these 2 programs.

Kind Regards

Digby

Virtualbody1234
06-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Freeware downloads:

DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Decrypter/1011845169/1

DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

RipIt4Me 1.7.1.0: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5408.html

digmen1
06-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks Virtualbody

As always you have helped me no end.

Kind Regards

Digby

mrblue247
06-19-2007, 02:39 AM
DVD shrink is the bomb when it comes to ripping standard DVD's. Slysoft AnyDVD is a good program for ripping HD DVD.

digmen1
06-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Those links of Virtualbody's all worked and the software installed easily and seems to work !

Great stuff Virtualbody !

regards

Digby

Busyman™
06-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Those links of Virtualbody's all worked and the software installed easily and seems to work !

regards

Digby

Glad to see they worked.

A friendly reminder: a simple Google search would have given you a similar result. I only mention this because you seemed to have difficulty yet each one comes right up on Google.:blink:

Virtualbody1234
06-19-2007, 12:49 PM

regards

Digby

Glad to see they worked.

A friendly reminder: a simple Google search would have given you a similar result. I only mention this because you seemed to have difficulty yet each one comes right up on Google.:blink:

I did use Google but there were a lot of the results that didn't work.

I checked each one that I posted. I downloaded them and made sure they were good and the right versions.

@ digmen1, you're welcome! :)

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 03:19 AM
Glad to see they worked.

I did use Google but there were a lot of the results that didn't work.

I checked each one that I posted. I downloaded them and made sure they were good and the right versions.

@ digmen1, you're welcome! :)

I wasn't talking about you.:ermm:

Also I did the same and I found working programs on multiple sites. Maybe ya'll's google results hit differently.:idunno:

Either way I'm sure out of the first 5 or so hits even on your results had a good link in there.

I only mentioned this to digimen cuz I don't want him to get frustrated looking for something that is pretty ubiquitous.

dtfst
06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Decrypter then DVD Shrink

Gish
06-24-2007, 06:16 PM
is there anything better than AnyDVD/CloneDVD combo. I mean I have used them all. DVDshrink, FabDVD, DVDCloner, oneclick, apolloDVD and many more. they are all shit compared to the elby combo. I also use Imgburn for img files.
if anyone has had better luck with other programs please let me know!

zeven0
06-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I use DVD Shrink and its nice