PDA

View Full Version : Don "Dumbass" Imus

j2k4
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Whatta jerk.

Just the same, though, after all the commentary, punditry, and sermonizing, the only people involved who come off with any sort of dignity at all are Vivian Stringer (Rutgers' coach) and her players.

Everyone else (and I mean everyone), especially Imus and Al Sharpton, sounds like a right collection of self-righteous idiots.

http://ncaabasketball.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/07/don-imus-rutgers-controversy-not-going-away/

SHUVT
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
The only time good ol Al and Jesse come out of the closet is when there is something racial that hits the national media. They are a bunch of assclowns. I think Imus's comments were off colored, but blown way out of proportion. It is just another excuse for every Tom Dick and Harry to get there 2 seconds in the public spotlight. If they If good ol Al an Jesse where that concerned at how the comment portrayed women and black women in particular, then why aren't they in the public spotlight boycotting black rap stars and thier songs that completely put women down and call the bitches, hoes and much worse. They oportunist media leeches that make sick.

If you do not like what Imus says...Turn the damn channel. The only people that even knew who Imus was lived on the East Coast. Pathetic! So now when the media reports on a web page or blog that has some off colored joke or comment is Al going to come running? Only if the report is going to be on TV.

vidcc
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I think what he said was outrageous, totally without merit even as satire and I think he was right to have apologised. I don't think it warranted a suspension but I can see why it was decided upon. If people don't like it, don't listen to him.

This said I have heard far, far worse from not just fringe conservative talk radio host, but from the ones considered mainstream without so much as a raised eyebrow from many of those going after Imus.

SHUVT
04-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Like I said... It is just a way for the attention whores to get thier 15 minutes of fame. It will die down and everything will go back to normal until the next racial incident.

It is just another poison in the dog food media hype story.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
The only time good ol Al and Jesse come out of the closet is when there is something racial that hits the national media.

That is one of "reverend" Al's cash cows. He comes out in an outrage, finds lawyers and whatnot for his "victims" and than he receives his "finders fee".

SHUVT
04-10-2007, 10:51 PM
We need to send them both over to Iraq to assist them with thier human rights issues.

j2k4
04-10-2007, 10:56 PM
This said I have heard far, far worse from not just fringe conservative talk radio host, but from the ones considered mainstream without so much as a raised eyebrow from many of those going after Imus.

Just as an aside, have you ever heard similar comments from a liberal, and do you consider that "fringe" talk radio hosts must by default be conservative.

weenden
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
i thought he was going to cry on rev als show ...i cant stand him hate the way he sounds

j2k4
04-10-2007, 11:09 PM
The only time good ol Al and Jesse come out of the closet is when there is something racial that hits the national media.

That is one of "reverend" Al's cash cows. He comes out in an outrage, finds lawyers and whatnot for his "victims" and than he receives his "finders fee".

Yeahman. ;)

I wonder why no one ever raises the topic of Tawana Brawley anymore, or his Jew-baiting.

Of course, "Hymietown" still gets a miss with Jesse, just as the word "Chappaquiddick" has been erased from the recollections of anyone speaking to/of Teddy Kennedy.

Of course, these things have a five-minute half-life for certain people.

i thought he was going to cry on rev als show ...i cant stand him hate the way he sounds

He can't say a thing without sounding whiny, tone- or content-wise.

His problem now is that he can't see his way clear to shut his yap, 'cuz he's a "good person", and everyone needs to know that. :dry:

weenden
04-10-2007, 11:42 PM
yes whiny thats it thx much

vidcc
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM

Just as an aside, have you ever heard similar comments from a liberal,

The "towel head" type comments or "they must be killed" type usually come from "conservative" radio show people. I don't get the liberal radio shows in this area, but if you could point to any comments made by "liberal" radio commentators that haven't drawn widespread condemnation I will be happy to condemn them.

and do you consider that "fringe" talk radio hosts must by default be conservative.

So I say the ones considered mainstream, and you think I default conservative to be "fringe". :rolleyes:

j2k4
04-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Just as an aside, have you ever heard similar comments from a liberal,

The "towel head" type comments or "they must be killed" type usually come from "conservative" radio show people. I don't get the liberal radio shows in this area, but if you could point to any comments made by "liberal" radio commentators that haven't drawn widespread condemnation I will be happy to condemn them.

and do you consider that "fringe" talk radio hosts must by default be conservative.

So I say the ones considered mainstream, and you think I default conservative to be "fringe". :rolleyes:

It's your terminology.

You note there are "conservatives", and then there is "mainstream" (which by definition would not be "fringe", I think you'd have to agree).

Forgive me for pointing out that something seems to be missing.

vidcc
04-11-2007, 12:00 AM
It's all just part of your CVS (conservative victim syndrome)

j2k4
04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
It's all just part of my LRTSG (Liberal Rhetoric and Strategies Guide)

/Fixed

Busyman™
04-11-2007, 02:44 AM
I am loving this.:lol:

First it was Dumbass Imus (for a moment) and now it's about Al and Jesse....hell I didn't know Jesse was even part of this.:lol: :lol:

I thought Imus' suspension was warranted. Hell he's done shit like this before with nary a mention.

Fuck him.

I'm surprised that this was only a racial issue. What about the gender issue?:unsure:

At the end, NBC makes too much money off of Imus to do anything past a suspension. What he did wasn't worse than Kramer or anything.

Like I said... It is just a way for the attention whores to get thier 15 minutes of fame. It will die down and everything will go back to normal until the next racial incident.

It is just another poison in the dog food media hype story.

He's a top radio host and it wasn't blown way outta proportion. Hell he's also on TV (Howard Stern rip-off).

:dabs:

j2k4
04-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Hell he's also on TV (Howard Stern rip-off).

I think you may have that last somewhat backwards.

vidcc
04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Fauxnews is, as expected, trying to make the story not about Imus, but instead about sharpton (what credibility does sharpton have?...he's a hypocrite for speaking about this at all). They have spent more time on the story attacking sharpton than on the actual remarks Imus made.

So what credible guest does Neil Cavuto have on to chat about Imus and pass judgment?

Someone that said somebody needs to put rat poison in the food of a supreme court justice.
Someone that said 9/11 widows enjoyed the death of their husbands.
Someone that said a congressman should have been killed by his own side when he was serving in the military.
Someone who told a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war." live on TV.

Ann Coulter http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7362/lmaorb1.gif

GepperRankins
04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
i saw some press conference on youtube were all the players were invited to comment but only a couple did. i wonder many of the no-commenters on the team, didn't comment because they really couldn't give a shit.

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 05:06 AM
Hell he's also on TV (Howard Stern rip-off).

How so?

Fauxnews is, as expected, trying to make the story not about Imus, but instead about sharpton (what credibility does sharpton have?...he's a hypocrite for speaking about this at all). They have spent more time on the story attacking sharpton than on the actual remarks Imus made.

So what credible guest does Neil Cavuto have on to chat about Imus and pass judgment?

Someone that said somebody needs to put rat poison in the food of a supreme court justice.
Someone that said a congressman should have been killed by his own side when he was serving in the military.
Someone who told a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war." live on TV.

Oh please don't bring her into this. She's a fucking bitch and a joke and I doubt j2 would have kind words for her.

The fact that she's even allowed on Fauxnews makes Fauxnews look idiotic.

j2k4
04-12-2007, 10:00 AM

How so?

Don Imus was on the air when Howard Stern was still wearing short pants.

Oh please don't bring her into this. She's a fucking bitch and a joke and I doubt j2 would have kind words for her.

I believe Ann Coulter appeared on Foxnews in the capacity of someone who had also recently suffered the slings and arrows of public outrage for slurring gays by comparing them to John Edwards.

This is a tactic commonly used across the TV news wasteland; Foxnews is certainly not the first to do it.

BTW-

Should we rehash that thread about what color you have to be in order to be allowed use certain racial epithets?

Anyone wanna talk about Tawana Brawley?

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
How so?

Don Imus was on the air when Howard Stern was still wearing short pants.

Soooooo? What does that have to do with their shows? Use the noggin'. I wasn't talking about who was on the air first (CaptainObviously).:wacko:
Imus looks like the walking dead.

I believe Ann Coulter appeared on Foxnews in the capacity of someone who had also recently suffered the slings and arrows of public outrage for slurring gays by comparing them to John Edwards.

This is a tactic commonly used across the TV news wasteland; Foxnews is certainly not the first to do it.

BTW-

Should we rehash that thread about what color you have to be in order to be allowed use certain racial epithets?

Anyone wanna talk about Tawana Brawley?

I love it!!:lol: :lol: I can't believe this thread is titled "Don Dumbass Imus"!

Btw Don Imus has been fie yerred!!

Sponsors started pulling the plug and that's all she wrote.

Also Imus' words would've had a black person in trouble and wtf does Tawana Brawley have to do with this.

Al Sharpton yelled loudly and wound up with shit on his face.

SHUVT
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Also Imus' words would've had a black person in trouble and wtf does Tawana Brawley have to do with this.

Are you serious? Are you out of your mind? Please if a black radio host made a comment like that or even worse, nobody would bat an eye. It is an acceptable behavior for people of the black community to make racial comments about themselves and nobody questions it. You made a comment as well about nobody here making it a gender issue. I made the comment about Al and Jesse on the soap box about this issue and how it is racial and degrading women, do I really need to pull the lyrics from some of the current top 40 R&B and Rap songs?

I bet I could pull several lyrics from these songs that carry racial under tones, discuss violence, degrade women and promote drug us. Then I could google a pic of that rap star with AL or Jesse. Give me a f*ing break.

So now Amus goes where? Let me see... maybe to satelite with his
protégé Stern. I am sure he will live out what is left of his life on satelite and nobody will care. Like I said at the beginning of this thread. Unless you live on the East Coast, you would have never known who the hell Imus was.

Bottom line, you can publically call me whatever the hell you want to, and I don't give a shit. Laugh at me and I will probably laugh with you. Since when did the American society become some thin skinned that people have to walk on egg shells. No matter what anyone says, it will be found offensive by someone else. I have travelled all over the world and I can assure you that other cultures do not have such thin skins and they don't spend thier time reporting on crap like this. Why would they? They can just watch the soap opera nightly we call news here in the US.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Since when did the American society become some thin skinned that people have to walk on egg shells.

Since people have figured out that these kind of things can line their pockets with greenbacks.

Doesn't even have to be a current happening either. *cough*reparations*cough*

P.S. Like Imus asked, when exactly is Sharpton going to apologize to the Duke players?

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM

Are you serious? Are you out of your mind? Please if a black radio host made a comment like that or even worse, nobody would bat an eye. It is an acceptable behavior for people of the black community to make racial comments about themselves and nobody questions it. You made a comment as well about nobody here making it a gender issue. I made the comment about Al and Jesse on the soap box about this issue and how it is racial and degrading women, do I really need to pull the lyrics from some of the current top 40 R&B and Rap songs?

I bet I could pull several lyrics from these songs that carry racial under tones, discuss violence, degrade women and promote drug us. Then I could google a pic of that rap star with AL or Jesse. Give me a f*ing break.

protégé Stern. I am sure he will live out what is left of his life on satelite and nobody will care. Like I said at the beginning of this thread. Unless you live on the East Coast, you would have never known who the hell Imus was.

Bottom line, you can publically call me whatever the hell you want to, and I don't give a shit. Laugh at me and I will probably laugh with you. Since when did the American society become some thin skinned that people have to walk on egg shells. No matter what anyone says, it will be found offensive by someone else. I have travelled all over the world and I can assure you that other cultures do not have such thin skins and they don't spend thier time reporting on crap like this. Why would they? They can just watch the soap opera nightly we call news here in the US.

You make a huge jump from radio to CD or TV.

If a black person had called the Rutgers players nappy headed hos and called them jiggaboos on the radio, hell yes they'd have been in trouble.

I hadn't heard of Don Imus until I saw the movie Private Parts some years ago.

I find it funny how people are defending him but I am not surprised. Imus says some shit on the radio and there is more about people being pissed about it than Imus words.

I also find it funny that Bernard McGuirk is not getting a backlash. He called them hardcore hos first.

Btw, I listen to black radio everyday and don't hear that shit. Oh a black radio host can't call folks niggers either without a backlash.

Radio and CD are quite different so yeah I'm serious but you are outta your mind.

SHUVT
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM

If a black person had called the Rutgers players nappy headed hos and called them jiggaboos on the radio, hell yes they'd have been in trouble.

I find it funny how people are defending him but I am not surprised. Imus says some shit on the radio and there is more about people being pissed about it than Imus words.

I also find it funny that Bernard McGuirk is not getting a backlash. He called them hardcore hos first.

Btw, I listen to black radio everyday and don't hear that shit. Oh a black radio host can't call folks niggers either without a backlash.

Radio and CD are quite different so yeah I'm serious but you are outta your mind.

Funny...

I do not listen to "black radio" radio personally, but my wife listens to several R&B stations here in South Cali, and I have heard several things on these shows that would not be acceptable if coming from a white disc jockey.

I do not defend his comments or think that he had any place saying what he did. My issue is with all this hype about the incedent. There are so many other things that should be making the news then some dumbass disc jockey making crude comments on the radio.

I also have issues with Jesse and Al jumping oon the bandwagon and trying to use it as a platform for the "cause". I referenced music artists as an example to show that Al and Jesse are hypocrits and should spend just as much time addressing the racial and gender slander with everyone, instead of waiting for a white actor or disc jockey to make a off color comment and then screaming the sky is falling and saying the it is just another way for the "man" to keep blacks down.

Did you by chance catch Jesse Jacksons comments this morning or last night? He now is trying to use this case as an example of how there are no black or hispanic disc jockeys on during the day on top rated radio shows.

Don't take my outlook on this issue as me condoning what Imus said. I am just discusted at the publicity it is getting. By the way... Who won the womens NCAA championship this year? Sad thing is majority of people don't know. How many soldiers have we lost in Iraq this week? Again majority of people don't know. It is the hot topic of the week and next week we will have another poison in dog food story that everyone can worry about. When 6-8 animals died and the amount of troops oversees that were injured or died was 10X that.

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Funny...

I do not listen to "black radio" radio personally, but my wife listens to several R&B stations here in South Cali, and I have heard several things on these shows that would not be acceptable if coming from a white disc jockey.

I do not defend his comments or think that he had any place saying what he did. My issue is with all this hype about the incedent. There are so many other things that should be making the news then some dumbass disc jockey making crude comments on the radio.

I also have issues with Jesse and Al jumping oon the bandwagon and trying to use it as a platform for the "cause". I referenced music artists as an example to show that Al and Jesse are hypocrits and should spend just as much time addressing the racial and gender slander with everyone, instead of waiting for a white actor or disc jockey to make a off color comment and then screaming the sky is falling and saying the it is just another way for the "man" to keep blacks down.

Did you by chance catch Jesse Jacksons comments this morning or last night? He now is trying to use this case as an example of how there are no black or hispanic disc jockeys on during the day on top rated radio shows.

Don't take my outlook on this issue as me condoning what Imus said. I am just discusted at the publicity it is getting. By the way... Who won the womens NCAA championship this year? Sad thing is majority of people don't know. How many soldiers have we lost in Iraq this week? Again majority of people don't know. It is the hot topic of the week and next week we will have another poison in dog food story that everyone can worry about. When 6-8 animals died and the amount of troops oversees that were injured or died was 10X that.

I was serious when I said I didn't Jesse was in this. I saw a small portion of Al with Imus on TV.

I listen to Tom Joyner sometimes but I don't if he's top rated. Tbh, I listen to sports radio more than music and other talk radio. Also....

A big deal will always be made when someone makes racial comments about a race other their own. I have made comments about black people to other blacks and I wouldn't be called a racist. However, a white person doing the same would.

It ain't rocket science. It is out of place for me tell white people "what their problem is". It certainly isn't for me to tell blacks that though.

SHUVT
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
I just think that this society has become too racially sensative. I respect people for what they are and what they do, not for what color or country they are from. Everyone starts at 100% respect with me and they work thier way down from there.

This is a great subject for a paper in sociology. I think that is why I loved that course so much. LOL

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I just think that this society has become too racially sensative. I respect people for what they are and what they do, not for what color or country they are from. Everyone starts at 100% respect with me and they work thier way down from there.

This is a great subject for a paper in sociology. I think that is why I loved that course so much. LOL

Tbh, I have never experienced overt racism but I have heard stories from coworkers and friends that have grown up in all white neighborhoods.

I don't think folks are too racially sensitive.

I think if you are on the radio or TV that there certain things you don't say.

I remember a black sports announcer getting fired for basically condoning the brawl between Miami and FIU. He got carried away but it had consequences.

I rather the sensitivity stay put for radio. I don't want anybody thinking they can say whateverfuck with nary a word about it. Race is the one thing one cannot change about themselves.

Hell even j2 pulls that "brother" shit out sometimes when he addresses me and he does it cuz he knows I'm black. He then ponders why I am not answering his questions. Some people are simply just....clueless.

SHUVT
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I hear ya. I think that allot of it weighs on the person you are addressing and the context of the joke or comment and the relationship of the individuals. I just don't get bent out of shape about it and think everyone is entitled to thier opinions and views. It doesn't make them right or wrong, they are the views of the person and not mine.

I play spades on Xbox Live all the time, and I would say the majority of players there are black. We joke around and I even make comments about my playing skills like "Not bad for whiteboy" and "you goin to let a whiteboy from cali do that to ya". It is all in fun and I have agood time. Although I do not understand why I have a hard time finding apartner when they see I am a white guy on the camera... Maybe it is the stereotype that white people don't know how to play spades? LOL

I have tons of friends from all nationalities and races. I respect them for who they are and not the color of thier skin.

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I hear ya. I think that allot of it weighs on the person you are addressing and the context of the joke or comment and the relationship of the individuals. I just don't get bent out of shape about it and think everyone is entitled to thier opinions and views. It doesn't make them right or wrong, they are the views of the person and not mine.

I play spades on Xbox Live all the time, and I would say the majority of players there are black. We joke around and I even make comments about my playing skills like "Not bad for whiteboy" and "you goin to let a whiteboy from cali do that to ya". It is all in fun and I have agood time. Although I do not understand why I have a hard time finding apartner when they see I am a white guy on the camera... Maybe it is the stereotype that white people don't know how to play spades? LOL

I have tons of friends from all nationalities and races. I respect them for who they are and not the color of thier skin.

What's your gamertag?

Also I've seen a white guy call a black guy a nigga and nothing happen. He grew up around them so it was no sweat.

Personally I don't use the "whiteboy" tag....ever.

SHUVT
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
http://my.livecard.net/44266/SHUVT.png

Feel free to join me anytime bud. You can call me a honkie if you want and no worries.. LOL

Busyman™
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
http://my.livecard.net/44266/SHUVT.png

Feel free to join me anytime bud. You can call me a honkie if you want and no worries.. LOL

Pm me your gamertag.

I've just started getting back on XBL after awhile.

edit: I didn't see the picture at first. Thanks man.

j2k4
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Hell even j2 pulls that "brother" shit out sometimes when he addresses me and he does it cuz he knows I'm black. He then ponders why I am not answering his questions. Some people are simply just....clueless.

"Brother" shit?

Do tell...