PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Noob- pls help

GINZY
04-14-2007, 04:21 AM
just order leeware. Following Installing uTorrent on a Leeware by buggyme.

So now i need ( or should'nt) download torrent by my PC at home. If i do this with my seedbox so i can't be banned by the trackers ? Right ? Mutilple IPs ?

i follow the guide and go to setting Utorrent.
Connection type ? xx/100Mbit - i choose this . Ok ?
What about Port ? Do we need forward port ? How can ?
So i can change the setting like the utorrent in my home PC ?

Now we add torrent and download .i still wonder what happen when i download with my new seedbox ? i' havent tried this cause i'm afraid of getting banned

From now on i only use this seedbox to get torrent file from private tracker and after that use FTP client to download from the server to my HDD . That's what seedbox is ? :D

Sorry if i have some noob questions. Thanks for ur help

DVito
04-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Connection type, i wouldn't choose 100mbit as its not really possible, maybe 30mbit at most depending on the node you're on.

ports are all open, just choose a random one.

yes, that is what a seedbox is.

GINZY
04-14-2007, 05:55 AM
i can't connect to the server through FTP. Maybe i haven't setup FTP. Can you show me the day ? i And when i use VNC i can only see one part of utorrent at the left corner. I tend to use WEBUI to but i can access the server through my FTP client

DVito
04-14-2007, 06:37 AM
yeah, you have to setup ftp, i used webmin. login to webmin, go to servers, click proftpd, and then let it install it with yum.. edit the config to point to a specific directory and add your user and then it works.

GINZY
04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
i got amazing speed with but dont know why i get the error " The request to utorrent time out "

Should i see and seed ? I see in term of service that Leeware will cancel the acc if we upload too much or download too much , that effect the others server . My friend said so because he bought leeware for me . is it right ? he set up for me and i can download through http by IDM. Why others use FTP ? i think http is faster than ftp

How many torrent should i download at the same time when i use leeware ? i use the cheapest one VPS 100 only $20.00 /month .Now i know why people can get good ratio and many great trackers. Yeah

OMG i just get 5MB/s download speed. D A M N. AMAZINGGGGGGG.
DO they cancel my acc if u get too high download speed or upload speed?

Temp2007
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
i got amazing speed with but dont know why i get the error " The request to utorrent time out "

Should i see and seed ? I see in term of service that Leeware will cancel the acc if we upload too much or download too much , that effect the others server . My friend said so because he bought leeware for me . is it right ? he set up for me and i can download through http by IDM. Why others use FTP ? i think http is faster than ftp

How many torrent should i download at the same time when i use leeware ? i use the cheapest one VPS 100 only $20.00 /month .Now i know why people can get good ratio and many great trackers. Yeah

OMG i just get 5MB/s download speed. D A M N. AMAZINGGGGGGG.
DO they cancel my acc if u get too high download speed or upload speed?

i use filezilla and works great..

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21558

my config:

host: vpsXXX.leeware.com (replace de XXX with your number)
port: 22
servertype: SFTP
logontype: normal
user: (your user)
pw: (your pw)

then go to menu edit, settings, file transfer setting, check use multiple connections to transfer files, then add many transfer up as your connection (i have 256kbps so i put 8) (try and error) any file you run at the same time is a process running, so if you have little memory be careful.

If you dont download files in rar part, you cant reach the max speed with a single file.

I have been using for 10 days (74GB download / 225GB upload) with speeds of 6mb/s and nothing happen with my account

Sorry for my english

Cheers

Tvixer
04-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Connection type, i wouldn't choose 100mbit as its not really possible, maybe 30mbit at most depending on the node you're on.

ports are all open, just choose a random one.

yes, that is what a seedbox is.

GINZY
04-14-2007, 03:01 PM
thanks for ur reply
i still wonder about download through http and ftp. My friend set up for me and now i can't download by IDM.

"Bandwidth Usage. LeeWare Development will monitor Customer's bandwidth. LeeWare Development shall have the right to take corrective action if Customer's usage negatively impacts other clients."
That 's in TOS of Leeware.

And how can we know the amount of download an upload per day so i can control ? If u keep seeding and effect others they could cancel the seedbox.
i still not access the server through ftp. More details pls.let it install it with yum.." ... ??

my leeware pack is 1000GB . Inlcude up and down ? so i only can download about 500GB ( or less if i upload more ) but when i download to server i need to download by IDM to my HDD . That means i have 250GB bandwidth left to download .still confusing.Any leeware user pls help .

GINZY
04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
now i know that my flashFXP does'nt support SFTp. But now i use winscp or cuteftp but the speed is so so slow.To get a dvdr to my HDD from the seedbox take about 3 days :(
Anyone know how to make it faster ?

Xaeron
04-15-2007, 04:55 PM
now i know that my flashFXP does'nt support SFTp. But now i use winscp or cuteftp but the speed is so so slow.To get a dvdr to my HDD from the seedbox take about 3 days :(
Anyone know how to make it faster ?

USe multi-part downloading. SmartFTP is a good client. It has "workers", you can have for example 50 workers, all downloading, and the speed will be great.
FileZilla supports multi-part downloading too. Don't know about WinSCP or CuteFTP.

DVito
04-15-2007, 05:13 PM
To multi download with CuteFTP, right click the file, select multipart download and use 8 parts. it maxes my 4mbit.

GINZY
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
thank you for ur help.
i use FTP but it' slow and my friend set up so now i can use IDM and leech from the server with 200KB/s .

Btw , i want to ask how to know how many GB i downloaded uploaded, how many GB left in my HDD ?

darkseekers
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
thank you for ur help.
i use FTP but it' slow and my friend set up so now i can use IDM and leech from the server with 200KB/s .

Btw , i want to ask how to know how many GB i downloaded uploaded, how many GB left in my HDD ?

for the upload u can view via vnc and for the how many gb left in hd..