PDA

View Full Version : Vista and Mobile video card Issue

crossfade
04-14-2007, 03:32 PM
hello

i wanted to install vista on my notebook to try it out
since the notebook is quite new, i didn't assume any problems (:lol:)
when i installed vista it gave me horrible video settings and i think 800x600 resolution (btw, video card is geforce go 7900 gtx, 512MB and can hold a resolution of 1600x1080), which i thought was very weird because when i installed vista on my home computer (which has much older hardware, i.e. video card: geforce 6600) it immediately gave me the correct settings
i thought, maybe it's the drivers. but when i tried to install drivers from laptopvideo2go.com, the installation wizard told me he didn't found any hardware to match for the drivers
also, when doing the "performance check" where your computer gets rated according to the lowest component, i see that the "slowest" part is my graphics card with score 1.0 (while all the other components get scores from 4.5 to 5)
is there anybody who knows what i'm doing wrong, 'cause it's almost certainly my fault, i just dunno what...
thanks in advance

nevermind, i'm stupid - i got it working
thx for your help

Virtualbody1234
04-14-2007, 05:39 PM
thx for your help
What was the problem?

I was going to suggest you get the driver from: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

crossfade
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
thx for your help
What was the problem?

I was going to suggest you get the driver from: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

the problem was that vista didn't recognize my video card
anyway, i downloaded the correct drivers from LV2G but forgot download the modded INF, so that's why installing the drivers didn't go
but i removed vista already, the wireless adapter from my laptop had trouble connecting to my home network even though it was like 1 meter from the router (while having no trouble at all running XP under the same circumstances, and i did download the correct drivers for that one from the Intel site)
i guess i just wanted to check vista - with everyone raving about it / telling how much it sucks - just for the purpose of trying and without actually being necessary

thanks for the link and the reply VB, but there weren't any Geforce 7 Go Series drivers for Vista ;)

grtz