View Full Version : Bin Files

trickster
06-02-2003, 09:53 PM
how do i use or view bin files
can anyone give me a dummys guide
cheers

mrtilley
06-02-2003, 11:47 PM
There is an early post on this just search, but in a nutshell bin and image files are too with burning to cds

Bait Master
06-03-2003, 04:34 AM
It's a CD image, usualy used for downloaded games. It's basicly the install/CD sets for games.

Get Nero Burning Rom.

Go to file, Burn Image.

Choose "All files" as the file type, find the bin file.

Burn it to a CD.

Just make sure you use the "burning Rom" and not "express" when ya get nero.

Ad
06-03-2003, 06:30 AM
I hat bin files I dont know why people use them

they belong in the bin :lol:

stoi
06-03-2003, 08:10 AM
i think they are great especially for games/software and definately vcd/svcd movies as they are just so simple to burn even a child can do it (my 10 yr old for instance), also for movies its a lot easier having the movie already on a .bin than just an mpeg because if you havnt got the mpeg2 plugin for nero (which i have btw) then your up shit creek without any paddles if you get one of those files, and lately i have had a few mpg files that nero said were not vcd or svcd compatible so i just ignored it and burnt it and they worked ok but one of these days 1 wont.

What gets me is, why is kazaa and other p2p programs and basically movie releases/shared in general .avi. they are not as good quality and no dvd players play them and if i wanted to conver a 600meg .avi to mpg it would take me 14 hours on my pc (at least) and i can download the 2 .bins in less time than that (if i could find the things)

anyway thats my gripe for today lol

stoi

Wizzandabe
06-03-2003, 03:16 PM
use a virtual mounting program like alchoal 120% and mount the cue.

crazy_billy_bats
06-03-2003, 03:23 PM
they are mostly in .avi as it is easier to find them, instead of 3 silly (and huge) bin files.
You must have a very slow PC, i only have like a 600 and i leave it encoding svcds over night, it has one done every 7 hours or so.
plus Divx quality is amazing, the compression technology they use must be some shit. Divx is dvd quality, whats wrong with that?
when u then put it into svcd yourself, it loses quality.
if you download an avi, while you are encoding that it gives u more time to download another movie! thats what i do anyway as its on 24/7 :D

trickster
06-04-2003, 07:02 AM
i have just tried to burn a bin file to image using nero and got told there was an error in encoding
the film i was trying to burn was the hunted that i got of the verified downloads site the name of this file is (tmd)the.hunted.(ftf.ts)1 of 2
not sure what to do next i tried uninstalling all my codecs and installed the kazaa codec pack full and even used the player that comes with it
a- i cant watch half of my movies anymore as codecs not recognised
b- still not sure how to use these bin files i have downloaded
ps got the matrix coming and is a bin file i would like to sort this before they finish so i can see this film at home
cheers nidge

BCCorn
06-04-2003, 07:53 AM
To watch it in Media Player go to www.vcdgear.com and download Vcdgear. That will very simply and quickly convert bin/cue files to mpegs.

I can't help with The Hunted but I burned the bin/cues for the Centropy version of Matrix Reloaded to 3 700Mb CDs with no problems using Nero.

trickster
06-04-2003, 09:53 PM
cheers thanks for the help
in vcdgear what settings do you need i messed with it but couldnt get it to work
nidge