PDA

View Full Version : Vista Upgrades for Recent XP System

donnied
04-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I bought a new system pre-loaded with XP back in November, with an offer to upgrade to Vista for free (with rebate) when it was released.

I applied online and paid for the upgrade (can't apply for my rebate until i have the upgrade in my hot little hands) and it's now been a couple months since the release of Vista and still no disc in the mail.

I've sent a couple of emails to inquire on the status of my order and the first one just told me to wait 2-3 more weeks (after an initial waiting period of 6 weeks) and now my order is no longer trackable online and i haven't heard back from microsoft yet.

Anyone else having similar problems? Anyone else successfully received their upgrade?

Shiranai_Baka
04-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Mind telling us what company? Dell?

donnied
04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Lenovo.

TorrenTy
04-15-2007, 11:55 AM
A friend of mine has got such a problem , it caused by the company not his computer company apparently .

peat moss
04-19-2007, 02:37 AM
I'd phone where I bought the computer and ask them , its not their fault but maybe they can help ?

donnied
04-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Update:

According to the man, it's finally in the mail, and should arrive within 3 weeks. We'll see.

peat moss
04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Update:

According to the man, it's finally in the mail, and should arrive within 3 weeks. We'll see.

I like happy stories , never give up ! :) Especially when you pay for it .:dry:

clocker
04-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Update:

3 weeks?
Where are they shipping from- Brazil?

peat moss
04-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Update:

I like happy stories , never give up ! :) Especially when you pay for it .:dry:

:lol: Well you do get what you pay for . Oops wrong quote .

zapjb
04-28-2007, 06:37 PM
I heard manufacturers are balking big time at sending out these free-discounted Vista upgrages.

Why? Because point blank. Problems, problems, problems.

From non to barely functional computers after upgrading.

From inadequate hardware to poor/no driver support.