PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four

mrtilley
06-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Ok so its confirmed for the Fantastic four, with george clooney being named as one of the top stars are there any marvel super heros left which have not been converted to the big screen I can only think of the silver rider and captain america but then i dont read comics

bravehart_70_2000
06-02-2003, 10:56 PM
They really need to do the Silver Surfer. I'll bet they could do a good job with that now.

soopaman
06-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by bravehart_70_2000@2 June 2003 - 23:56
They really need to do the Silver Surfer. I'll bet they could do a good job with that now.

Please, for the love of God - NO!!! Is nothing sacred anymore?? The Hollywood system would only spew up some effects-heavy heap of shit and they would probably cast some fat fuck like Affleck in the leading role. Who would play Norrin Radd?? Who could play Galactus?? Why don't they just have done with it and have a massive crossover plot between Marvel/DC/Darkhorse and any other comics they can shoehorn in?? It makes me mad :angry: ......sorry. :(

PS Someone invent a "Hulking-Out" smiley. Argh!!!

mrtilley
06-02-2003, 11:16 PM
So you dont want too see any more comic to film movies but you have to admit they havnt done a bad job so far (I havny seen dare devil yet), clooney is to play the elastice chap and there is going to be lots of CGI (whats new)

this is mee right now after my third bottle :P

amandanchris
06-03-2003, 01:12 AM
i think IRON MAN would be a good 1 to do, has good collection of heroes and villians, just a thought cya

ZLOsiris
06-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Ahh you know they already did a fantasic four in 1994 but it was sp crappy the didnt release it but u can find it on kazaa.

bravehart_70_2000
06-03-2003, 01:22 AM
If they were gonna go back to the DC universe I think the Green Lantern story wood be pretty cool.

Rollin_On_Dubs420
06-04-2003, 01:55 AM
they did do i captain america but its major old school

I would like to know what all you ppl think would be a good movie based on a comic book

i vote ghostrider
i never really read much of him but i think it might be cool
im not sure i might have heard something about this beal turned into a real movie..i dunno

Tikibonbon
06-04-2003, 02:09 AM
why would they make a ghostrider movie? marvel doesn't even release the comics anymore

Jibbler
06-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Ghost Rider is on the way, and Nicolas Cage will be the star. :)

Tikibonbon
06-04-2003, 02:33 AM
you know they canceled that title for a reason.....

mrtilley
06-04-2003, 02:35 AM
IMDB has it down as in production, he was ment to be superman but they cancelled that I think

Jibbler
06-04-2003, 02:35 AM
I have the original Fantastic Four movie on DVD that I got from Ebay. You guys should check it out. This one is a underground classic. B)

mrtilley
06-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Begger my pardon, just checked IMDB superman is due for 2005 with none other that Jonathan Frakes as the director how interesting

coooter
06-04-2003, 05:33 PM
I got the fantastic 4 movie, and yes it was pure crap. and Iron man would be an awesome movie, I haven't followed the comics, but I remember the cartoon when I was a kid

Vapour
06-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Gotta agree with "coooter" it was one of the piles of steaming brown I've ever seen.

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 05:58 PM
LOL...I thought the Original F4 movie was one of the funniest things I have ever seen...Just because it was such a crappy movie...I mean at the end when they showed Johnny flying...omfg...I fell off the couch laughing so hard. Anywho...onto the F4 movie. George Clooney has openly denied excepting the role of Mr. Fantastic. FOr that matter he has also said that he is not playing Nick Fury, in the Nick Fury film. Aint it Cool New had an interview with director of the film Peyton Reed:

Reed: So, we’re really *just* getting started with Mark [Frost] on the draft. Today was actually our first day of really getting down to work. It’s exciting because I think Mark is a really, really smart writer. Here’s a guy who wrote TWIN PEAKS, and before that did episodes of THE SIX MILLION MAN, and, then, he’s written novels. He’s just a smart guy. And he’s a longtime fan of THE FANTASTIC FOUR. So, to me, he has a healthy respect for the source material, but he also, like myself, is really, really concerned with making FANTASTIC FOUR relevant, and interesting, and exciting now.

Beaks: Is the idea, as far as you can say, is there still an idea of going retro with it? Has that decision been made?

Reed: There was talk at one point of making it retro, but I think we’re probably not going to do that.

Beaks: I read about the HARD DAY’S NIGHT idea, which I loved, but that might alienate some comic book fans that want something a little more serious.

Reed: I mean, there’s elements… the things that make FANTASTIC FOUR different than other characters in the Marvel Universe is that idea that they’re daytime superheroes. There are no secret identities, and they’re part of the cultural landscape of New York and L.A. But we didn’t want to make a movie that was *all* about that. The trick with these movies, too, is that you’re working from forty years of source material, and it’s really kind of distilling down the heart and soul of what the movie is, so it’s satisfying as an origin story, but also it stands on its own as a movie. *And* the fact that all the things that made the comic so innovative in the early-60’s – that made it so different – all of those things have become clichés now. So you can’t always rely on those things.

I think that would actually be cool if it was a 60's throwback...because really thats where the comic characters belong, that why in recent years they have been so out of place.

ck-uk
06-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Seen captain america when i was a kid ..i thought it was superb at the time..but u do

Wha about the flash played by dawsons creeks father,that was
pretty good

there was another one i though was good ..idunno if he was a super hero or not groggy may no(mayb) ..realy old b/w ..he wore a cape and shit with rockets on his back so he could fly about,which he crontroled by a knob on his chest

and ice man out of the cartoons with spidy and that flyin fire girl(cant rembr he name

Jibbler
06-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by CosmoK@4 June 2003 - 14:36
there was another one i though was good ..idunno if he was a super hero or not groggy may no(mayb) ..realy old b/w ..he wore a cape and shit with rockets on his back so he could fly about,which he crontroled by a knob on his chest

Are you talking about Ironman? :huh:

Jibbler
06-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@4 June 2003 - 13:58
Anywho...onto the F4 movie. George Clooney has openly denied excepting the role of Mr. Fantastic. FOr that matter he has also said that he is not playing Nick Fury, in the Nick Fury film. Aint it Cool
Well, he can't be much worse than David Hasslehoff in Nick Fury - Agent of Shield. :rolleyes:

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Im thinking the Rocketeer...but I dont remember him having a cape. Goofy movie by the way. And yeah your right Jibb...Hasselhof was awful in the Nick Fury made for tv film. The reason ol George didnt want to play Fury is because in the new film they are going for uber violvence, and he wanted it to be more like the Fury of the 60&#39;s. Thats what I would have preferred also <_<

Woodsie
06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
If you guys want the whole scoop about Superhero movies to come, check out comics2film.com or comicscontiuum.com

They&#39;ve announced the following.........

Iron Fist <lead role is the guy who did Darth Maul and the Toad in Xmen>

Sub Mariner

The Punisher

Iron Man

Fantastic Four

and a few others

ck-uk
06-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Are you talking about Ironman?

:lol: I honestly cant rembr ..even now u&#39;ve mentioned ironman.

It was a long time ago..i was brought up by my granparents..so i had to sit through all the b&#39;w shit they watched..some of it was good like
what i mention earlier and the original b/w superman and flash gordons..the Betty grable and like wasnt though :lol:

Arl have a good think and post back :D

BCCorn
06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@4 June 2003 - 02:35
I have the original Fantastic Four movie on DVD that I got from Ebay. You guys should check it out. This one is a underground classic. B)
I&#39;d like to see it, any chance of you sharing it? Please?

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Theres a divx version out floating around kazaa. Some have renamed it to the Hot Chick...just to annoy people when they download that film. Not sure of the file sizes though, just search for video and then &#39;fantastic four&#39;. I warn you though...it is horrifically bad...but the type of bad that ends up being hysterical.

BCCorn
06-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks Groggy, found it eventually - it would help if I could spell&#33; LOL
Just waiting for a connect now.

:) :) :)

Jibbler
06-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@4 June 2003 - 15:43
Theres a divx version out floating around kazaa. Some have renamed it to the Hot Chick...just to annoy people when they download that film. Not sure of the file sizes though, just search for video and then &#39;fantastic four&#39;. I warn you though...it is horrifically bad...but the type of bad that ends up being hysterical.
I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself. The quality is really bad, but its worth a laugh. Comic fans will love this one. :)

slick nick
06-04-2003, 11:37 PM
what makes the 1994 f4 an underground classic? You mean in terms of a really cheesy film or otherwise
?

amandanchris
06-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Another marvel , least think it was marvel, would be THOR. One id think would be good , not marvel buttt, is JOHNY QUEST. Think about it had 2 teen kids a dog ,the macho man race banner n good ole Dr. Quest . Could make 4 interesting cast , what you guys think

Jibbler
06-05-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by slick nick@4 June 2003 - 19:37
what makes the 1994 f4 an underground classic? You mean in terms of a really cheesy film or otherwise
?
The movie was produced but never released on the big screen, or on home video. I can&#39;t remember why this wasn&#39;t sent to the silver screen, but its been pretty hard to get a copy of it until recently. Now that we have p2p, rare movies aren&#39;t so rare anymore. Us comic book junkies collect things like this. ;)

thegroggman
06-05-2003, 03:10 AM
I can&#39;t remember why this wasn&#39;t sent to the silver screen, but its been pretty hard to get a copy of it until recently The original film wrapped production, and editing had been completed, but when the finished copy was shown to the big wigs at New Horizons film it was thought to be so horrific that it was 4ever put in a vault...or it was supposed to be. A bootleg was leaked a few years back...and the rest as they say...is history :D

BCCorn
06-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Well, its downloaded now. Got to go to work, I&#39;ll watch it tonight and see if I agree with all of you. It CAN&#39;T be much worse than some of the cartoon versions. Can it? I&#39;ll know soon.

BCCorn
06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
OK, I was wrong. It was bad. It was REALLY bad. I mean REALLY, REALLY bad.

Acting like a school play.

Special effects like the original b/w tv series of Flash Gordon.

Music a la elevator.

I couldn&#39;t take my eyes off it&#33;