PDA

View Full Version : Snny's Film Review of the Day

SnnY
04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Stranger Than Fiction.

I like it.

I really like almost everything about this film, especially the set design. I say especially, but I don't mean the set design is more brilliant than everything else, it's just worth noting, although it's also worth noting everything else is brilliant. So what I should have said was "especially everything", but that would just be a really weird sentence.

I couldn't help noticing the great script, actors, costumes, shots and sets throughout the film. I really like almost everything about this film, especially everything.

Except Queen Latifah, she's fat and pointless.

thewizeard
04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Have you seen the movie, "What the Bleep, " SnnY.. and it's sequel ?

tesco
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Great review, I have no idea what the movie is about. :)

Busyman™
04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Stranger Than Fiction.

I like it.

I really like almost everything about this film, especially the set design. I say especially, but I don't mean the set design is more brilliant than everything else, it's just worth noting, although it's also worth noting everything else is brilliant. So what I should have said was "especially everything", but that would just be a really weird sentence.

I couldn't help noticing the great script, actors, costumes, shots and sets throughout the film. I really like almost everything about this film, especially everything.

That's weird.

I was trying to find something to get quickly with my free rental and got it from Blockbuster. I am in the middle of ripping right this very moment and the box is in front of me.:unsure:

thewizeard
04-15-2007, 06:42 PM

:huh: erm rossco, one has to read between the lines for SnnY's review.. :blink:

Busyman™
04-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Will Ferrell is going about his daily life and realizes he's a character in a novel-in-progress and the author kills off her main characters in creative ways.

:reads from back of box:

Cheese
04-15-2007, 06:45 PM
I have this film to watch but haven't got around to it. Same with Pan's Labyrinth, which is supposed to be the wasp's tits.

Cheese
04-15-2007, 06:49 PM
My reviews for the weekend:

Deja Vu = Ace
Saw III = Gash
Inside Man = Awesome

Busyman™
04-15-2007, 06:54 PM
My reviews for the weekend:

Deja Vu = Ace
Saw III = Gash
Inside Man = Awesome

I'm getting Deja Vu on Tuesday (free rental)
I never finished watching Saw III
I never finished watching Inside Man

My Must See Movies.....

Shadowboxer
Unknown
The Salton Sea (old but wifey just saw it)

A think I'm going to watch A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints tonight based on a recommendation.
I heard that Journey To The End Of The Night and Catch A Fire were good as well.

Ironically I just finished downloading Invasion America so now I'm off to watch that.:dabs:

SnnY
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Does gash mean bad :unsure: As in, "I have a rather large gash and I'm bleeding quite a lot, dear god I wish I never bothered watching this damn film".

Also the trailer for Deja Vu made me think it had the second worst premise for a film ever. I shall put it on the list.

I've noticed I've started writing with an accent again because of Emma Thompson.

Virtualbody1234
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I enjoyed Stranger Than Fiction. :yup:

thewizeard
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Stranger Than Fiction.

I like it.

That's weird.

I was trying to find something to get quickly with my free rental and got it from Blockbuster. I am in the middle of ripping right this very moment and the box is in front of me.:unsure:

This must be Karma..or perhaps synchronicity ( meaningful coincidence) I do think I will download this film now and add this to my short list for my thread in the Drawing_Room ... :yup:

Mr. Mulder
04-15-2007, 08:32 PM
watched inside man last night after dave posted a youtube clip of it, it was big fat monkey tits.

downloading deja vu now, skeptical cos usually anything about memory/time loss or changes bores the tits off of me, but judging from the trailer its got stuffs blowing up and stuffs blowing up :blink:

watched the 300 again just now which is spartan tits.

won't download Stranger Than Fiction as it has will ferrell in it.

100%
04-15-2007, 09:16 PM
The opening scene with the graphics overlay is quite yummy.

Thanks for Inside Man tip

MediaSlayer
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks for posting this thead snny, I was going to post a new thread, but I don't see the point in having two threads in the lounge about movies so I decided it would be better to hijack yours instead. Hope u don't mind.

MediaSlayer's Movie of the Day: Jabberwocky

I had a friend who highly recommended Jabberwocky to me, and recently I put it in my blockbuster cue and lo and behold it arrived and I watched it.

In this screenshot(which is shitty because i had the brightness too high)

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1157/legsnl6.jpg

we see our hero "dennis" pulling his pants down by request of the sympathetic guard, so they can see his legs.

i don't really understand this scene, or i don't understand it as well as i'd like to.

was the sympathetic guard taking the piss?

or was he serious?

or was the whole thing meant to be off-scripted, awkward, and utter nonsense(but funny).

the reason i ask is because that scene occured before the challenge by the king to find a hero to defeat the jabberwocky, so they could not have had a reason that i know of to want to see his legs.

j2k4
04-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Just watched The Departed.

I know everybody has seen it, but I thought it was pretty good.

Some interesting casting against type (Martin Sheen and DeCaprio).

thewizeard
04-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Does gash mean bad :unsure: As in, "I have a rather large gash and I'm bleeding quite a lot, dear god I wish I never bothered watching this damn film".

Also the trailer for Deja Vu made me think it had the second worst premise for a film ever. I shall put it on the list.

I've noticed I've started writing with an accent again because of Emma Thompson.

No it doesn't mean bad, but if you had one, it would be bad! :)

brotherdoobie
04-16-2007, 05:32 AM
. AMATEURS ONLY #129 - I'M A BROWN SHIT-HOLED WHORE

It wasn't very good.

-bd