PDA

View Full Version : Emale Ate-a-cat

Cheese
04-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I have received an email that I was cc'ed in on but it's addressed to one of our agents. Part of the email is a complaint directed at my company. Should I disregard it until I receive a formal email from someone (either the agent or the customer) or should I be replying?

Barbarossa
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
You have every right to reply, if you were CC'd in, they obviously intended for you to see it, and if there's a complaint against you, you've every right to defend yourself.

Alternatively, you could just ignore it.

Cheese
04-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I want to ignore him if possible, he's complaining about something so trivial (£20 change in flight price since he booked, like we're supposed to keep our prices static) that I feel like letting him get annoyed some more if he's waiting for a reply from me.

Barbarossa
04-16-2007, 09:15 AM
If I were in that situation, then I'd ignore it. You're under no obligation to reply. "CC" is usually used when it's an f.y.i. (for your information...)

It's the agent's duty to respond first, really.

Cheese
04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Brilliant. I shall point him to this thread if he kicks off about it. :happy:

Barbarossa
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm surprised that his first choice was to complain to the agent anyway, and not make a post in the drawing room about this :wacko:

manker
04-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm surprised that his first choice was to complain to the agent anyway, and not make a post in the drawing room about this :wacko:
He was prolly worried that j2 would move the thread into a wholly inappropriate section.

Fecking newb mods :dry:

Cheese
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
The guy is an idiot, he starts his email with these scrabble letters and signs off with them as well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/untitled-9.jpg

There are also transparent Scrabble letters down the side of the email and a cat.

manker
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
The guy is an idiot, he starts his email with these scrabble letters and signs off with them as well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/untitled-9.jpg
He signs off by writing 'HELLO' in scrabble letters.

I can't quite believe you entertained the notion of replying to this foolish individual for even the shortest time.

Mr. Mulder
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
fuck him up. cut out his voice bawx and cut off his crazy scabble playing fingers. told.

JPaul
04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
A CC, or courtesy copy is simply that. There is no expectation that you will reply to it. It is, as some n00b pointed out simply fyi.

In this instance it is patently to make you have a bout of angst, shite yourself if you will. Ignore the fuck out of it. Ignore like you have never ignored before.

Cheese
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm home now, so mission achieved on the ignoring front. :01:

Barbarossa
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
"courtesy copy" :glag: :ghey:

JPaul
04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Let us celebrate by ignoring it some more.

Support Cheese, ignore the CC.

JPaul
04-16-2007, 01:52 PM
e-Mail etiquette

This means that you're letting these people know about the contents of the message as a courtesy only and you do not expect them either to respond or to act on the basis of receiving the e-mail. In general, you should not hit Reply to All when responding to a cc message. Reply to All should only be used when responding to a message in which you're included on the To line. As a cc recipient, the sender of the message did not intend to engage you in a dialogue about the subject, but only intended for you to know as a courtesy.

There you go Chebus, quote this if anyone complains about your ongoing ignorance.