PDA

View Full Version : incomplete files

j4vier
04-18-2007, 12:04 AM
hello
im kinda new here so if im askin something stupid please bare with me
i got click and crash hd versions but for both of them there seem to be a problem with a rar part which wont download fully
does anyone know where is the actual problem?

knight76
04-18-2007, 12:56 AM
If you mean it is not the correct size then use the par and par2 files with a program like quickpar to check and repair the files.

They will then be the right size.

It depends on how much of the file/s is missing and how many par files were included. Some files will not be able to be repaired.

Try http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newsgroups/t-repairing-rars-pars-and-quickpar-132644

superfuzzy
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Install Quickpar, then click on the par2 file. Quickcpar will find the missing blocks. If they are available, click on REPAIR and you will be all set.

j4vier
04-18-2007, 09:57 PM
thanks for the replies
i followed the instructions but apparently the repair button doesnt work so i cant fix them.
its a pity that i cant fix them,do you know where if possible i could find the single rars that i need?

MultiForce
04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
thanks for the replies
i followed the instructions but apparently the repair button doesnt work so i cant fix them.
its a pity that i cant fix them,do you know where if possible i could find the single rars that i need?

Try to search for the files/package @ www.binsearch.info

You can then select single files you don't have or want to try to redownload, and create a NZB.

superfuzzy
04-19-2007, 04:07 AM
For files 7 days or newer, I use my ISP Verizon, and for longer 8-70 days, I use my "premium" news server, usenet-news.net - (blocks that don't expire).

With the Verizon "free" news server, many times I've had to use quickpar to repair damaged/missing blocks, but this hasn't happened with the premium server. The quality of the files is much better.
THe file that you need may be available from a different server. If you are using your ISP's news server, give a premium server a shot. Your news server may have a corrupted file.

Good luck!

thanks for the replies

superfuzzy
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I just checked some downloads from last night from my ISP news server. A few NZB's were missing blocks. That means I have to re-download those missing parts from my premium server.

I've reached a point where the "free" news server is more hassle than it is worth, and will have to use premium only going forward.

Ludvig
04-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I had the same problem with Crash.The releaser knew that since he made available a very complete par set (Which I didn't include in my nzb at first...).I had to re-dl the whole thing and this time it worked like a charm.Superb release by Reveille.

webe123
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I just checked some downloads from last night from my ISP news server. A few NZB's were missing blocks. That means I have to re-download those missing parts from my premium server.

I've reached a point where the "free" news server is more hassle than it is worth, and will have to use premium only going forward.

Most people who have free ISP news servers usually come to the same conclusion unless they have an outstanding free service...but those are few and far between I'm afraid.

But it will be a lot better with a premium server anyway.You won't have to worry about getting an incomplete file like you do with a lot of ISP news servers.

wHoMe
04-21-2007, 12:22 PM
thanks for the replies

It doesn't work because you don't know how to use it properly :rolleyes:

Run the Par2 with the release you downloaded and it will tell you how many blocks you need for the repair

Example you need 18 blocks for the repair

So you need the par2 vol files for that release that add up to 18

Example : vol015+12.PAR2 and vol007+06.PAR2 the amount of blocks are the figures after the plus sign 12 and 6 which equal 18

Your repair button doesn't work because you haven't got the vols to repair it get them and it will work :lol:

wHoMe

j4vier
04-21-2007, 07:24 PM
thanks for that whome , now it makes a bit more sense
now i have another problem , i deleted the previous download and im tryin to download it again but newsbinpro marks the files as duplicate while i actually deleted them,
anybody know how to erase the memory of the program or something?

wHoMe
04-21-2007, 09:13 PM
thanks for that whome , now it makes a bit more sense
now i have another problem , i deleted the previous download and im tryin to download it again but newsbinpro marks the files as duplicate while i actually deleted them,
anybody know how to erase the memory of the program or something?

Go to "View" in the menu and select "Download History"

That should give you a new tab window name "Download History" :w00t: click on it and you will see all your previous downloads

With the "Download History" window open go to "Posts" in the menu and the click "Select All" and then "Delete Posts" that will clear that list and you can now download it again ;)

wHoMe

j4vier
04-23-2007, 07:16 PM
hey thanks whome that worked great.
1 last thing , i promise ..:)
ive bein tryin to get the par files as u said, i see them listed on the site like binsearch , i tick the boxes for them and i say create nzb.
now ,when newsbinpro opens the file, i see only 1 par file queued while im sure i thicked for several of them.
this par is only about 40 kb,what am i doin wrong?

wHoMe
04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
hey thanks whome that worked great.
1 last thing , i promise ..:)
ive bein tryin to get the par files as u said, i see them listed on the site like binsearch , i tick the boxes for them and i say create nzb.
now ,when newsbinpro opens the file, i see only 1 par file queued while im sure i thicked for several of them.
this par is only about 40 kb,what am i doin wrong?

I think by default it adds the "Vol Par2" files to the "Scratch" list so you don't download them if you don't need them

There should be a Tab called "Scratch" click on it and your probably find them all there, right click on them for options of what to do, download etc

wHoMe

j4vier
04-23-2007, 07:58 PM
cool i just fix my first file!
thanks whome for ur great help and prompt replies :)

wHoMe
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
cool i just fix my first file!
thanks whome for ur great help and prompt replies :)

No Problem :)

Thank god for Pars :D

wHoMe

Beck38
04-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Back 'in the day' (i.e., a handfull of years ago), many Usenet servers had poor distribution, or poor 'collection' of files, particualarly the large 100+ rar's of the typical dvd. Obviously, better hardware has helped, but even more so has software. Every 'part' of a rar has a 'unique' serial/ID number, which the s/w keeps track of at the server level; if a part of that rar (say, 1 out of 100+ little 'bits' of it) come in missing, the server queries it's peers for an automated 'fill'. It may take a few mintues (or hours), but it will get it filled, eventually.

How 'good' a usenet server is, is how well it 'fills' the 'holes' in it's files, and if it's 'peers' are also doing a good job. Giganews is widely recognized as being the top provider, so a good way to figure if your provider is 'close' to their plant is to simply look at your d/l'ed files 'path', and see where it originated and what path it took to get to your server. Too many 'hops' is generally not good, just 2-3 is considered good to excellent. This 'web' of peers is what links the usenet community together, and the tighter it is, the better it all operates, for both the large providers (like Giganews, Usenetserver, ect.) and the minor ones. Take a look at your d/l'ed files.