PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoff.....

kirktrix
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
The regular season is over and 16 teams will be competing for the NBA Championship..

here are the list: In Seeding Order

Eastern Conference................... Western Conference

Detroit Pistons............................Dallas Mavericks
Cleveland Cavaliers......................Phoenix Suns
Toronto Raptors..........................San Antonio Spurs
Miami Heat..................................Utah Jazz
Chicago Bulls...............................Houston Rockets
New Jersey Nets..........................Denver Nuggets
Washington Wizards.....................Los Angeles Lakers
Orlando Magic............................. Golden State Warriors

Who do u think will make it to the NBA finals? and Who will be the 2007 NBA Champion? :)

My choice... Finals : Suns VS Cavaliers
Champion : Phoenix Suns

natedogg
04-19-2007, 04:12 PM
My choice... Finals : Houston VS Chicago
Champion : Houston

DefX
04-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Prediction: Mavs Vs Pistons in finals ( I know too predictable of a choice)

Champ: Mavs

caricas
04-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Final...
San Antonio Spurs - Los Angeles Lakers

Champion...Lakers

natedogg
04-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Final...

Champion...Lakers
yeah sure, your hoping that they are the cardinals of basketball? almost falling out of the playoffs by losing than winning the championship?

kirktrix
04-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Final...

Champion...Lakers

Sorry... but this two team will never meet in finals.. the finals must have one from eastern and one from western.....:)

SpiderPig
04-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Eastern Conference Semi Finals:
Pistons vs Heat - Pistons move on
Western Conference Semis
Mavs vs Spurs - Mavs move on

Championship:
Pistons vs Mavs - Mavs win it.

I just feel really sympathetic towards Avery Johnson and Dirk for last year. I really thought they'd win it. Besides, that crazy Mark Cuban is ffing awsome.

snowultra
04-20-2007, 06:03 AM
i agree the mavs win it all, unless someone gets injuried.

nat
04-20-2007, 06:16 AM
I don't care as long as we get to see a Phoenix Dallas matchup.

Am I right people?

caricas
04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Final...

Champion...Lakers

Sorry... but this two team will never meet in finals.. the finals must have one from eastern and one from western.....:)

:frusty: :yup:
You are absolutly right...shame on me...:angry:

I will try again...Miami Vs Lakers...they are very consistent "teams" and not only "individualities"...and the champion will be the Lakers becase of the Bryant factor...

Friendly Fire
04-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't care as long as we get to see a Phoenix Dallas matchup.

Am I right people?

I think that's a sentiment shared by a lot of people, myself included. It should be a classic.

It's really hard to predict the finals this year. In the west because there are 4 or more teams that can win the competition and in the east because teams are very even but on a significant lower level.

An healthy Heat team can make a competition out of this but i believe one of the west teams will win. I'm going with Phoenix but the title could end up in any of the texan cities (especially Dallas).

Busyman™
04-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I bet a coworker that my depleted Wizards will win at least one game against the Cavs.:pinch:

DV8type
04-21-2007, 10:22 PM
im thinking in finals:
Mavs vs. Heat

-Mavs to take the cake.

famous45
04-22-2007, 04:17 AM
I'm going with Spurs over Detroit in Finals.

I'd like to see Phoenix with the Championship, but..........don't think it's gonna happen this year.

Busyman™
04-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow...

The Spurs lose game 1 to AI and Carmelo and Dallas loses game 1 to Golden State....Baron Davis killed Dallas and it was a treat to watch.:D

I hope Dallass loses. Nowitzki is a good player but has never been a leader.

I'm glad Phoenix won. I like Steve Nash. However, there are many saying he is a hall of famer which is bullshit until he gets a ring. His stats alone are not hall of fame worthy (yet).

SpiderPig
04-25-2007, 03:33 AM
His stats alone are not hall of fame worthy (yet).

You kidding me? I got 4 letters and 1 number for you, No syllables.

2 MVPs

Playoffs exciting so far, let's go Yao Ming!

MaxOverlord
04-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Lets talk about this in June when they are still happening. The 7 game series for All rounds is absurd. I was going for Dallas but now that lovely Mr.Cuban is putting out a 9/11 nutjob film...I hope they lose. I would like to see Iverson get his rightful due.

famous45
04-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Wow
Looks like Phoenix gave the Lakers a good ol' fashion Ass Kickin'. Oh yeah, Phoenix 2-0....so far.:w00t:
If they play like they did tonight, they've got a chance.

kirktrix
04-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Phoenix Suns is too strong for Lakers. They have:

The best point guard in the season: Nash
one of the best forward: Marion
one of the best center: Amare
and a good defender: Bell

famous45
04-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Not to mention Barbosa-NBA sixth man of the year who stepped up with 26 points for Phoenix.

kirktrix
04-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Not to mention Barbosa-NBA sixth man of the year who stepped up with 26 points for Phoenix.

Yup sorry I forgot..

If the nuggets upset the spurs in round 1. we have an interesting Round 2. The match up are all great.

Iverson vs Nash
Camby vs Amare
Anthony vs Marion

This will be high scoring Game. I hope Nuggets beat the Spurs..:)

Busyman™
04-25-2007, 04:08 PM
His stats alone are not hall of fame worthy (yet).

You kidding me? I got 4 letters and 1 number for you, No syllables.

2 MVPs

Sooooo?

That alone should not get you into the hall of fame.:dry:

Think about it.

kirktrix
04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
NBA Playoffs Update: Round 1

After 2 games in top seeded home court here are the results:

Eastern:

Detroit vs Orlando = Detroit leads 2 - 0
Cleveland vs Washington = Cleveland 2 - 0
Chicago vs Miami = Chicago 2 - 0
Toronto vs New Jersey = Tie 1 - 1

Western:

Dallas vs Golden State = Tie 1 - 1
Phoenix vs Los Angeles Lakers = Phoenix 2 - 0
San Antonio vs Denver = Tie 1 - 1
Houston vs Utah = Houston 2 - 0

Next 2 Games in bottom seeded home court..:)

Busyman™
04-30-2007, 12:56 PM
The Golden State/Dallas series has been absolutely fantastic!!

The Warriors lead 3 - 1 and are headed back to Dallas.

They are a great team to watch.

Dirk Nowitzki is not a leader at all. He's a good player but kind of a bitch.

famous45
05-01-2007, 02:32 AM
I bet a coworker that my depleted Wizards will win at least one game against the Cavs.:pinch:

Looks like you owe a little money(or a lot...but I'm guessing not.) Well, better luck next year! eh!

kirktrix
05-01-2007, 02:59 AM

Looks like you owe a little money(or a lot...but I'm guessing not.) Well, better luck next year! eh!

:yup: .... Sorry man.. but the Wizard vs Cavs is really a no match.....

Busyman™
05-01-2007, 12:50 PM

Not quite. Both of us never shook or gave up any money to a third party.

Whew!

It was only a $10 bet anyway.

natedogg
05-02-2007, 07:09 AM
man we could of fuckin took it, 9 point lead and we let dirk score threes

kirktrix
05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
man we could of fuckin took it, 9 point lead and we let dirk score threes

Yeah man i also thought that it was over for mavs.. but they give them another chance....

kirktrix
05-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Greatest upset in the history of NBA.

The 8 seeded Warriors beat the 1 seeded Mavs in round one of NBA playoffs...

Bye bye mavs........:whistling

DefX
05-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Yeah, this should sting for a while for the Mavs and Mr. Cuban. They have a long summer to ponder about this one. Dirk going 2-13? Didn't expect that one from him. Not very MVP-like. I was impressed with baron davis playing hurt during the game. Saw his acrobatic three pointer. What a shot!

fluxd
05-04-2007, 06:25 AM
LOL the GSW deserve a great amount of congrats for defeating the Mavs...I doubt if anyone saw this coming.

Busyman™
05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Greatest upset in the history of NBA.

The 8 seeded Warriors beat the 1 seeded Mavs in round one of NBA playoffs...

Bye bye mavs........:whistling

1. The Mavs had 67 wins this year.

2. In contrast, the Warriors had to win something like their last 10 games (including the very last game against the Trailblazers) just to sneak in to the playoffs.

3. What Dwyane Wade said about Dirk Nowitzki last year was true. Dirk may be a great player but he is no leader. He has too much bitch in him.

The heroics at the end of game 5 were great. However, the consistent players were Jason Terry and Josh Howard. Even Jerry Stackhouse was more heroic during the games than Dirk. He needs to man up.

4. If the Mavs could have beat the Warriors then I think they could have beat anybody. That was a meat grinder of a series for them.

5. There was a side story in that Nelly and Cuban have a contentious relationship from when Nelly coached the Mavs. Nelly contends he is owed 6 mill from Cuban. As far as last laughs, Nelly is starting out great.

6. I am rooting for the Warriors to win the whole thing. They play inspired basketball. In fact they remind me of the Phoenix Suns but more exciting.

7. When I see how Baron Davis played with a hammy and see how Dirk played, it really shits on Dirk even more.

8. I think this was good for basketball. Many believe that when the favorite goes out that the casual watcher won't watch anymore. I believe this series was basically a commercial for the Warriors. I will be watching the next series when they play Houston or Utah.

9. Everyone on the Warriors is a highlight since they all have standout performances. They don't really play with a true center ffs.

10. This is one of the best series I have ever seen.

The NBA's playoffs series format is THE best format of any sport in the world for determining the best team. If you have an off game one night, you are not knocked out of contention. The other team can grind back and still beat you.

Yeah, this should sting for a while for the Mavs and Mr. Cuban. They have a long summer to ponder about this one. Dirk going 2-13? Didn't expect that one from him. Not very MVP-like. I was impressed with baron davis playing hurt during the game. Saw his acrobatic three pointer. What a shot!

....and notice who he shot over. 7-foot Dirk Nobitchzki.:ermm:

MaxOverlord
05-04-2007, 11:57 AM
GS dominated Dallas last night!!
That was an ass whoopin'

Busyman™
05-04-2007, 02:08 PM
GS dominated Dallas last night!!
That was an ass whoopin'

I wish I could have been at those games.:(

That crowd was amazing. It was like college basketball.

Gb0oEMXfFT8

DefX
05-04-2007, 04:13 PM
The NBA's playoffs series format is THE best format of any sport in the world for determining the best team. If you have an off game one night, you are not knocked out of contention. The other team can grind back and still beat you.

Going by that logic, you're pretty much saying that any playoff with a 7 game series is the best format for determining the champ. I'm sure you realize this isnt just unique to the NBA.

kirktrix
05-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Update:

The round one is over and it is in the history books.....Now This are the teams that make it in round 2:

Eastern Conference:

Detroit vs Chicago ( Detroit leads 1 - 0 )
Cleveland vs New Jersey

Western Conference:

Phoenix vs San Antonio
Golden State vs Utah

My Favorite nuggets and Houston are both eliminated....Sorry Tmac 6 times in a row. maybe next season...:(

But my prediction is still alive.... Go Suns....:D

Skiz
05-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Not again...... :cry:

T-Mac and my Rockets lost.

SpiderPig
05-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Shit, Yao Ming sucked....

Damnit, I wanted Houston to at least get to the 2nd round.

Let's go NJ and Bulls!

kirktrix
05-06-2007, 01:52 PM

I hope Hakeem will teach Yao Ming some basic inside move......:)

Skiz
05-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Yao's too clumsy to "shake-n-bake". :dabs:

DefX
05-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Its not that hes clumsy. Freakishly tall people always seem to have rigid brittle movements that must be caused by their long bones. Therefore shake and bake is out of the question. Think shawn bradley.

Skiz
05-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Its not that hes clumsy. Freakishly tall people always seem to have rigid brittle movements that must be caused by their long bones. Therefore shake and bake is out of the question. Think shawn bradley.

Clumsy, awkward, whatever..... point is, he's no Olajuwon.

Friendly Fire
05-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Dallas being eliminated was a huge surprise for me (and everybody else i suppose), but the GSW were clearly the better team in the series. Always tremendously entertaining. And Nellie beating his former team with his usual small ball formations, is one for the books.

A west final between GS and Phoenix looks mighty appealing right now. One way or another, one of the west finalists is going to be a big surprise, whether it's GS or Utah.

I'm rooting for a GSW-Phoenix west final. I'm sick of the "defense wins championships" banner. Let offense win one for a change, it would be good for the game.

Honestly, i think the finals winner will come from the west. I dont see the east teams being as strong. Maybe the experienced Pistons have a shot. But i also thought the Warriors didnt stand a chance against the Mavs...so who knows?

thegman24
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Dallas will never win a Championship until Dirky quits complaining. Nuff Said!!

Busyman™
05-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Well Dirk NuBitchzki won league MVP.:dry:

I thought it should have been Steve Nash.

I hope Utah doesn't win tonight. They are boring to watch.

Golden State on the other hand is quite a treat.

If Utah beats GS then the ratings will go down....significantly.

I sure won't tune in to watch Utah to play San Antonio.

I will watch the GSW or the Suns play anybody.

If they both lose, I might not pay much attention to the Finals and evennnn.

Friendly Fire
05-19-2007, 03:55 PM

I'm boycotting the rest of the Playoffs. I really got disgusted after this Suns-Spurs series. That does it for me this year.

Spurs were more than borderline dirty. And they seem to have the league's blessing to pull out that sort of stuff. Well, another title for defense, most probably for the uber-boring Spurs. I wished offense won one for a change but it's not happening yet.

Busyman™
05-19-2007, 08:25 PM

I'm boycotting the rest of the Playoffs. I really got disgusted after this Suns-Spurs series. That does it for me this year.

Spurs were more than borderline dirty. And they seem to have the league's blessing to pull out that sort of stuff. Well, another title for defense, most probably for the uber-boring Spurs. I wished offense won one for a change but it's not happening yet.

Even more boring are the Utah Jazz. It would kinda weird if the Utah Jazz get a title after Stockton and Malone have retired.

Michael Jordan messed up alotta shouldacouldawouldas.

Ewing, Stockton/Malone, Barkley......

j2k4
05-20-2007, 12:48 AM

Excellent point.

Sheer talent carried the day; effectively similar to the way Ali (from the standpoint of his style) fucked up heavyweight boxing for...well, what the hell, it's still fucked up. :huh:

MaxOverlord
05-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Even more boring are the Utah Jazz. It would kinda weird if the Utah Jazz get a title after Stockton and Malone have retired.

Friendly Fire you might see some fireworks in the Detroit/Cleveland series.
Wouldn't give up yet.

P.S. How the hell did Lebron make 2nd team?

Busyman™
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM

Excellent point.

Sheer talent carried the day; effectively similar to the way Ali (from the standpoint of his style) fucked up heavyweight boxing for...well, what the hell, it's still fucked up. :huh:

I don't quite understand. Heavyweight boxing is fucked up now but I don't get how Ali fucked up heavyweight boxing in the same way.

Right now heavyweight boxing is fucked up cuz of lack of a clear superstar + great match-ups.

I did enjoy watching the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight in Mexico at El Torrito's. I had the balls to yell, "Mayweather, Mayweather, Mayweather" in a bar full of Mexicans.:sly: Ahh but that wasn't heavyweights.

On a side note, I was recently watching some of Mike Tyson's old fights and....man do I miss watching him fight.:(

He was a juggernaut.

I think it was funny how everyone wanted to see come back to his old self (myself included).:sadwalk:

MaxOverlord
05-20-2007, 02:31 AM
I did enjoy watching the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight in Mexico at El Torrito's. I had the balls to yell, "Mayweather, Mayweather, Mayweather" in a bar full of Mexicans.:sly: Ahh but that wasn't heavyweights.

Somewhere in that story there is a great joke waiting to be written.:yup:

kirktrix
05-20-2007, 02:48 AM
The Western Conference finals now is too bored "Jazz and Spurs :frusty:".....My suns got eliminated......:(

MaxOverlord
05-20-2007, 11:13 AM
The Western Conference finals now is too bored "Jazz and Spurs :frusty:".....My suns got eliminated......:(

I was pulling for Phoenix. It does suck they were eliminated.
I'll be cheering for LeBron now.

kirktrix
05-20-2007, 12:18 PM

Same here.... My last bet is Cavaliers... If they don't win i will not watch NBA Finals.....:(

MaxOverlord
05-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Same here.... My last bet is Cavaliers... If they don't win i will not watch NBA Finals.....:(

Who the hell wants to see Pistons/Spurs again?
I get tired of seeing the same damn teams every year.

The Great Dude
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I wish the Warriors were still in it. The lived and died by the three pointer. A Warriors vs. Suns series would of been a fun WCF.

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I wish the Warriors were still in it. The lived and died by the three pointer. A Warriors vs. Suns series would of been a fun WCF.

Exactly. Those 2 teams were very similar. Neither had a true center. Both had great guards (Nash is better though).

The Warriors took it inside also. Baron Davis was a beast going to the whole.

I was just listening to SportsTalk 980 and they had the same on the Spurs/Jazz matchup that I did.

They said....

They are both rather boring teams.

After Phoenix and the Warriors lost it's like watching a PGA event in the last round with Tiger Woods not in contention.
-----------

Tim Duncan may be great player but he's boring as fuck. He doesn't have much fire, excitement, or flair in his game.

He's probably the most basic elite player I have ever seen.

A spectators nightmare and coach's dream.

The Great Dude
05-21-2007, 03:05 PM
They had players who could finish in the paint but still primarily relied on the 3s rather than inside scoring. Their last game against the Jazz was a whopping 30 3s and they only made 6. It was a pity Harrington didn't attack the interior defense much. A big man with his versatility settling on jumpers is letting the defense off the hook. Missing key freethrows was a killer too. Combine that with AK-47 suddenly reappearing, Okur reappearing, Fisher's clutch play, Williams as a stud at the PG position, and Boozer dominating inside while you're relying on that outside shot, it's just asking for trouble.

Friendly Fire
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Their last game against the Jazz was a whopping 30 3s and they only made 6. It was a pity Harrington didn't attack the interior defense much. A big man with his versatility settling on jumpers is letting the defense off the hook.

That's just the way they play. They cant play (or win) in any other way. Harrington has a nice post up game but he's another tweener. The Warriors are a very athletic, running team. They're kind of the mini-Suns in the way they play.

I dont think they would play a true center even if they had a great one. Nellie just loves "small ball" so much. They totally lack an inside game. It would be a really entertaining matchup between them and Phoenix anyway.

The Jazz are a much more balanced, yet boring team to watch that's for sure. The steady PG, the defensive stud, the banger/rebounder inside. Some good role players. A great coach. They might be just a center away from contention in a couple years time.

The Great Dude
05-22-2007, 12:57 AM
When Harrington attacked the basket, he had success. He airballs some of his step back jumpers.

Nellie went with a big lineup in the series when he started Biedrins and Harrington together. He started small to begin the series and in the final game he went small, but he did try a big lineup.

The Jazz need a better SG also. While Fisher is great, he's undersized for that position.

burtz
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
with the unstoppable pick and roll and pick and pop plays by the spurs (they have good finishers), i think they'll be dominating the western conference finals. however, with the "dog defenses" of the teams competing at the eastern conference finals, i think spurs won't be able to take the NBA championship easily. though i think they are the better offensive team of the four teams remaining.

MaxOverlord
05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
If it's Spurs/Pistons it is gonna get NASTY!!

SpiderPig
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I hate the Spurs..

Let's go LeBron and the Cavs!

Busyman™
06-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Cavs are up 3 - 2 on the Pistons.

Lebron fucking went awf last night!

He:

scored the last 29 of 30 points for the Cavs

scored the last 25 points and did it in 12 min. of play

scored 48 points in the game

scored the last shot FTW with 2.2 sec. left

The Cavs won by 2

Has he finally arrived?

Game 6 on Satrurday in Cleveland.

maebach
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I hate the spurs too. If the cavs fdace the spurs, they'll get sweeped, so I want the pistons to win

DefX
06-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Cavs are up 3 - 2 on the Pistons.

Lebron fucking went awf last night!

He:

scored the last 29 of 30 points for the Cavs

scored the last 25 points and did it in 12 min. of play

scored 48 points in the game

scored the last shot FTW with 2.2 sec. left

The Cavs won by 2

Has he finally arrived?

Game 6 on Satrurday in Cleveland.

Yeah that was a Jordanesque performance by him. But it would all be in vain if they lose game 6 & 7.

It doesn't matter though. I dont see either the cavs and pistons topping the Spurs. The Spurs have the rest, experience if they play the cavs, home court advantage and of course Duncan which noone from the two Eastern conference teams can stop.

Friendly Fire
06-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree. Whether it's the Pistons or the Cavs, it doesnt really matter. They'll have very little chance. And i'm another Spurs hater. Been one for a very long time. Man, how boring can they be? This year they've added another dimension to their dirtiness on that series with Phoenix.

About LeBron, i'm not his biggest fan. Never been one, although i can recognize the talent that he is. But that was an amazing performance. I thought Detroit would win it in 5. Never saw the Cavs coming back. They did it and owe it to him. Trully amazing, especially if they end up in the finals. The East is really weak right now.

MaxOverlord
06-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I was originally going for the Cavs. but I don't think they are seasoned or rough enough to battle the Spurs.
They would get trounced.

kirktrix
06-02-2007, 02:21 AM
If the cavs win the eastern finals... definitely i will be watching the finals... I hate pistons and spurs....Hopefully Lebron still have his hot hand on game 6.... if not... they will lose on game 7....

MaxOverlord
06-02-2007, 02:40 AM
I've had enough of Pistons/Spurs too.
But, I think it would make for a better series than Cavs/Spurs.
It would be something to see L.J take over and run thru both teams.
That would be Jordan-like.

Busyman™
06-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Man that's one reason I like basketball so much. It's a team game but then....one man or a small tandem can wreak so much havoc on another team.

Lebron's performance was simply fucking amazing.

This is from a dude who thinks pass first and plays (what many say) "the right way".

This is also from a guy straight outta high school.

DefX
06-02-2007, 01:27 PM

This is from a dude who thinks pass first and plays (what many say) "the right way".

Yeah compare that to that dude from LA who now suddenly feels the need to abandon his own ship.

Busyman™
06-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Yeah compare that to that dude from LA who now suddenly feels the need to abandon his own ship.

I don't blame 'im. I don't even like Kobe but they haven't built around him enough.

His complaining did some good. It seems Buss is going to go after a big name player.

kirktrix
06-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Update:

Finally Lebron and the rest of the Cavaliers make it to the finals for the first time...

NBA Finals : San Antonio Spurs vs Cleveland Cavaliers....

Busyman™
06-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Update:

Finally Lebron and the rest of the Cavaliers make it to the finals for the first time...

Finally?:blink:

famous45
06-03-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm going with Spurs over Detroit in Finals.

I'd like to see Phoenix with the Championship, but..........don't think it's gonna happen this year.
Soooo close.

At least this years finals will be fun to watch!

Daniel Gibson???? WTF...Who in the hell??:idunno:
This rookie was representin'. 31 points with 19 in the 4th quarter. Damn, that's what you call step-in-up proper like.

kirktrix
06-03-2007, 07:30 AM
My choice... Finals : Suns VS Cavaliers
Champion : Phoenix Suns

Same here sooo Close.........:)

Did i say something wrong? sorry not so good in English Grammar.......

brotherdoobie
06-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Update:

Yes, finally! I know Lebron's only been here a short time...but the Cavs have never made it to the finals.

Ohio teams...ftw!

-bd

SpiderPig
06-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Daniel Gibson is a beast.. short, but can hit the 3 like no other (rookies)

DefX
06-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I predict Spurs in 5. I'm rooting for the Cavs as they're the underdogs but reality will set in quickly, I think.

Friendly Fire
06-03-2007, 02:57 PM
At least this years finals will be fun to watch!

I wouldnt hold my breath on it. Different teams yes, exciting games... i doubt. Spurs game can be nauseating and the Cavs are no great team. The 1st 4 games on the Cavs-Pistons series were a brickfest. Some of the worst games i've seen in Conference finals. I wouldnt be surprise to see the Spurs sweep the series but i think they'll take it in 5. But who knows.

Cleveland going to the finals is not that great of an achievement in the depleted East. It would be a funny exercice if we could exchange players just to see if the results were different. Would Kobe be able to lead this Cavs to the finals like LeBron did? And would Lebron make the Lakers go beyond the 1st round of the playoffs in the Western conference?

I think we would see the same reality. It's not a player comparison (i'm really not the biggest fan of either, for different reasons), it's more the reality of both conferences right now.

brotherdoobie
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I think we would see the same reality. It's not a player comparison (i'm really not the biggest fan of either, for different reasons), it's more the reality of both conferences right now.

The Eastern conference is the weaker of the two. (obviousment)
However, I'm glad to see the Cavs make it to the big show.

Cleavland needs a victory. It's been a long while-since the city
has had a championship team; of any type.

Explain your reasons for not liking Lebron as a player; I hear this
often...and I don't "get" it.

-bd

Friendly Fire
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I dont remember saying i didnt like him as a player. He's an unbelievable talent. Athletically he's one of the best i have ever seen. He does some amazing things on court and he's a team player.

But there's something about him that doesnt please me completely. I cant explain. It's not completely rational. Maybe it's just the aesthetics of his game. Some find it beautiful, i dont. Vive la diferance.

Busyman™
06-04-2007, 02:48 AM
I dont remember saying i didnt like him as a player. He's an unbelievable talent. Athletically he's one of the best i have ever seen. He does some amazing things on court and he's a team player.

But there's something about him that doesnt please me completely. I cant explain. It's not completely rational. Maybe it's just the aesthetics of his game. Some find it beautiful, i dont. Vive la diferance.

He's so big that he doesn't do a lot of twisting moves.

He also doesn't have a great jumper and when he shoots, it's that weird over head shot.

kirktrix
06-04-2007, 04:11 AM
Lebron James is not so good in outside jumper compare to Kobe.. The thing i like most from Lebron is his speed... with that size and height he can over run any opponents....

Explain your reasons for not liking Lebron as a player; I hear this
often...and I don't "get" it.

-bd

People say they don't like Lebron are the people that are a big fan of Michael Jordan...IMO :)

brotherdoobie
06-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes,

He's so big that he doesn't do a lot of twisting moves.

He also doesn't have a great jumper and when he shoots, it's that weird over head shot.

Yes, I cans see both of your points...he looks clumsy, at times.

-bd

DefX
06-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Clumsy? I can think of many words to describe Lebron's play but clumsy ain't one of them. Yes maybe his J isn't as fluid as Kobe's but it sure as hell still gets the job done.

Besides, whatever quirks he still has on his game, he'll have plenty of time to work on it as he's probably got close to 2 decades worth of playtime in him. He sure earned a ton of respect from me and a lot of people because of this recent series with the Pistons.

Busyman
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Clumsy? I can think of many words to describe Lebron's play but clumsy ain't one of them. Yes maybe his J isn't as fluid as Kobe's but it sure as hell still gets the job done.

Besides, whatever quirks he still has on his game, he'll have plenty of time to work on it as he's probably got close to 2 decades worth of playtime in him. He sure earned a ton of respect from me and a lot of people because of this recent series with the Pistons.

He's slue-footed ffs.:ermm:

MaxOverlord
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I want L.J to tear down the Spurs and leave us all saying..."what the fuck did I just see??????

Anyone else for that...:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

burtz
06-06-2007, 03:51 PM
there's nothing wrong with Lebron i think. he's a great offensive player. a good and effective ball distributor, can score, and can definitely spark his club. maybe this is the right time for him to prove something to all of his critics.

personally, i think he is not liked by some because he's always being compared to MJ. but i think there's no point to compare both of them as Lebron's career isn't done yet and there's still room for him to grow OR a grave for him to fall. we'll never know until he retires. MJ wasn't a good shooter at the start of his career too, but because of his work ethic and respect for his coaches, he found a way to be invincible on the court. MJ's human too and so is Lebron.

maebach
06-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Spurs in 5

SpiderPig
06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Cavs in 7

honesty
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Spurs in 5...

2 words for Lebron....

Bruce Bowen...

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Spurs in 5...

2 words for Lebron....

Bruce Bowen...

Bruce Bowen has been allowed to cheat for years. He constantly hand checks a person to get a feel for where they are and that's why he's always there for "good defense".

brotherdoobie
06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Spurs in 5...

2 words for Lebron....

Bruce Bowen...

Bruce Bowen has been allowed to cheat for years. He constantly hand checks a person to get a feel for where they are and that's why he's always there for "good defense".

Fact.

-bd

maxehhh
06-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Bowen calls LeBron "The King" because all the media is talking only about him :| i think he was ironic...

brotherdoobie
06-11-2007, 03:24 AM
...and not Bowen.

-bd :dabs:

DefX
06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh well, I predicted the Cavs would win at least 1 game but apparently, even thats looking to be a bit generous. I havent watched the 3 games to their entirety but I could presume one factor to why the Cavs are reeling is maybe they were drained from the Pistons series.

Of course, I give credit where credit is due and thats the underrated Spurs defence. I expect the Cavs to just lay down and die in game 4.

maebach
06-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Spurs in 5. Im sticking to it

DefX
06-15-2007, 02:59 AM
3rd quarter and the Spurs are up by 10

Its looking terribly bleak for the Cavs...

Spurs has a 4 pt lead with 7 seconds left... Cavs hanging by a thread.

It's over now. 83-82 Spurs. Whew. Cavs sure made it close. At least they didnt just literally lay down and die like i predicted. Kudos to them for making the Spurs work for it. Hell, they even took a lead with 5 min to go. But in the end, the Spurs just has too much firepower and thats why they're the champs. Congrats to them.

Busyman™
06-15-2007, 12:56 PM
I didn't even watch the last 2 games.

I don't really like watching the Spurs.:snooze:

However they are now 4 time NBA champions.

brotherdoobie
06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Tim Duncan is such a fundamentally sound player. Parker is mad fast. Their defense is tough, they have been there before and the East, as Busy has pointed out-are a bunch of fags.

Ohio teams have taken second all year. :dabs:

-bd

kirktrix
06-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Congratulations to San Antonio Spurs for winning there 4th time NBA Champion....

Hope next year its Phoenix year....:) and the trade rumors regarding Kobe and Garnet will progress....:)

kuti
06-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Congratulations to San Antonio. They are great team

Friendly Fire
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Hope next year its Phoenix year....:) and the trade rumors regarding Kobe and Garnet will progress....:)

Well, i hope next year something different from this and latest years can happen. These finals games were pretty boring, i actually didnt watch the 4th game. And i didnt care. The Cavs didnt stand a chance. The game needs unpredictability.

This season for me was too short and too long at the same time. My team (the Kings) played so bad that it even hurted watching them. So no playoffs. Then the playoffs ended when Phoenix got (very dubiously) eliminated by San Antonio. After that there almost was no reason to play, everybody knew who would win.

The offseason is going to be really interesting with all the high profile players being mentioned in trade talks and the two special players coming out of the draft. The league needs some of these players to move.

Busyman™
06-19-2007, 02:05 AM

Well, i hope next year something different from this and latest years can happen. These finals games were pretty boring, i actually didnt watch the 4th game. And i didnt care. The Cavs didnt stand a chance. The game needs unpredictability.

This season for me was too short and too long at the same time. My team (the Kings) played so bad that it even hurted watching them. So no playoffs. Then the playoffs ended when Phoenix got (very dubiously) eliminated by San Antonio. After that there almost was no reason to play, everybody knew who would win.

The offseason is going to be really interesting with all the high profile players being mentioned in trade talks and the two special players coming out of the draft. The league needs some of these players to move.

I didn't watch the last 2 games. San Antonio is a very boring.