PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good tracker?

mbucari1
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
I've wondered this for a while, and I think I know.

You need a large user base with many unloaders, yet it at some point needs to become difficult to join. It needs good, friendly mods who want to help and also a forum.

RainRoofer
04-19-2007, 06:01 PM
lol, easy one
good ammount of users
good seeders/leechers ratio
speed
content
pretime
design
nice staff
active forums
great community.

allen(s)
04-19-2007, 06:09 PM
good new/hard to find torrents

lots of seeds / leechers

tracker that is'nt down too often

CheesePuff
04-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Content, seeders/leechers & design

DefX
04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
large enough userbase but not too big, good speeds, combination of scene and non scene releases. Design and staff attitude are of only secondary importance to me.

Vidde
04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I got one thing: A unique concept.

There are -tons- of trackers with sweet pretimes, lots of torrents and good speeds.

If I have to say other things; Polite staff, plesant design and reasonable rules :)

-Vidde

Cheffy
04-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Well for me.
Speed.
Ability to seed or alternative ways to seed, ie freeleech or seed points.
Pretimes needs to rater good, But its not the main priority, But half descant atleest.
And they have to have some sort of thing that other trackers dont have, there are tonns of trackers out there with the exact same content on them.
Good design.
Some other thing that makes the site interesting, like direct download of the torrent (like you dont need to enter that page to get the torrent)
Bookmarks.
A good staff
And a active comunety.

S!X
04-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Content and seeders.

0tis
04-20-2007, 03:48 AM
speed and content but if i don't like the design even if the site is good i am less likely to use it.

Something Else
04-20-2007, 03:55 AM
For me, unique content and high quality files.
e.g.
the lvl 4.5 music one and HDBits

ChotaZorro
04-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Speed and content.

bombi
04-20-2007, 08:31 AM
good pre-times , speed , community...

ewerest
04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
IMO good pretimes(no need to be fastest) good content(the numbers of torrents) exclusive content(torrent out of scene,you can get scene releases from each trackers) good staff(willing to help members instead stupid banning) dont mind about speed(dont have a super fast connection so each trackers can max my connection easily)
most important one is there no best tracker there is ones you can get what you want and have no trouble keeping a good ratio:)

TheRealGiant
04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Haha,

Good Seeder/Leecher Ratio,
new releases,
friendly staff,
good forums

Easy. :D

TheFoX
04-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Functionality and appearance...

People keep mentioning pre-times, but most of us have lives outside our monitor, so we cannot sit there waiting for the instance the uploader ups some new 0day.

People keep mentioning 0day, and general purpose trackers all seem to have one thing in common, and that is that they all share the same sources, so they will all get the same material.

Speciality sites that concentrate on a specific category, such as DVDrs or XBoX, will have the edge over general purpose sites offering the same categories.

So, for me, functionality is a big MUST. I'm not talking about shit loads of tools or toys (never got over the impact of all those javascript games appearing a few years back), but simple pleasures as being able to change the stylesheet on the fly, or the quick download link, or the quick post facility, or any host of little tools that make the job quicker, smarter and more fun.

The second big MUST has to be style or design. Too many TB derived sources appear to look like the original TB source they were based on, and many new ones are using the scripts and css that Xam has ripped off, so they all look like clones as well. A good stylesheet job, along the lines of what Torrent IT achieved with their skins, is a MUST for me. The site must appear appealing to my eyes. If I don't like the appearance or the layout, then I am less likely to revisit.

So, functionality and appearance are the deciding factor for me. Everything else then falls into place by itself.

desiKing
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Any tracker that almost impossible to join....?or get an invite....like RTS will only give invite to users after uploading 2TB:shutup: