PDA

View Full Version : A good Firewall to use w/ Vista

JunkBarMan
04-19-2007, 10:01 PM
I've just got vista going about a week ago, stupid micro$oft, but that's another story.
Been using the firewall that came with it, but I would like to upgrade with a better software firewall.
Does anyone have any suggestions here? I've heard of some compatability issues and need some ideas.

Thanks

taba
04-20-2007, 12:20 AM
sorry 4 hijakin man
but i need also a good anti virus prog on vista
i used to use kaspersky but my version isnt compatible with vista
any answers here plz

Virtualbody1234
04-20-2007, 01:03 AM
As of January 30, 2007, both of the latest versions of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 and Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 are compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista.http://www.kaspersky.com/

peat moss
04-20-2007, 06:05 AM
If you have trouble with finding a cracked version of a Firewall or Antivirus program to work with Vista , try CA ,think its still free for a year . I tried It nothing to scream about but not bad either . IMHO

http://home3.ca.com/Microsoft/Default.aspx?sc_lang=en-US

I see its only a 90 day trial now ? Oh well give you time to find something else I guess ?

TheRealGiant
04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I use Kaspersky Internet Security. In my opinion the best on the market, and very easy to use.

zaphodiv
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I tried a 90 day trial of Kapersky internet security from a magazine cover CD reccently.

It lasted a few hours. I sometimes use software that makes encrypted connections. Kapersky off 50KB/second, Kapersky running 2KB/second.
Worse than zonealarm.

JunkBarMan
04-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I've used Kaspersky Anti-virus for about two years or so, and loved it. When I bought my Vista I got a good offer on Nod32 and decided to give it a shot, so far so good.

As far as the Kaspersky Internet Security, it's really not for me and what I want, security suites are too bloated me thinks.

Sygate is what I used B.V.(before vista), and loved it to death. So, basically I'm waiting for that to get updated and was looking for something to get me by until then.

Is sygate now called Norton Personal Firewall?

Just looking for a stand alone firewall.

St0ry
04-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Norton owns Sygate now I think. Sygate stopped updates/support on their personal firewalls one or two years ago so there's not going to be any more updates. Try ZoneAlarm, I never really liked but it has pretty good reviews.

Virtualbody1234
04-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Norton owns Sygate now I think. Sygate stopped updates/support on their personal firewalls one or two years ago so there's not going to be any more updates. Try ZoneAlarm, I never really liked but it has pretty good reviews.

Attention Vista Users: ZoneAlarm is not currently compatible with the Vista operating system.http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

SnipeR19
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I use Kaspersky Internet Security i think he is the best

ronaldinho123
04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I use Kaspersky Internet Security. In my opinion the best on the market, and very easy to use