PDA

View Full Version : Is account trading risky?

koalaBear
04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
As everyone here keeps offering their buffered accounts for trade, I thought I would clarify something before I start doing it.

Can I just use one of my invites to invite myself back before I give the account away and use my new account to go on seeding all my old downloaded files, from the same computer? If so, surely my ratio will rise super fast, as I will be seeding a disproportionate amount compared to what I casually may choose to download...

Is there any chance they will remember some detail about my computer, and not allow a new account to be used on it?

Many Thanks
Jack

jaqozo
04-21-2007, 11:42 AM
my advise to you : don`t try to invite yourself and don`t trade the account

zehsay
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
You can, but it's not recommended, since they can ban your account.

pandapop
04-21-2007, 11:48 AM
i think buffered account trading is wrong.. its basically just giving people a licence to leech, which only affects speed/availability of files for others.

jaqozo
04-21-2007, 11:54 AM
i think buffered account trading is wrong.. its basically just giving people a licence to leech, which only affects speed/availability of files for others.

i`ll say something else about buffered accounts : you never know how did they get the buffer, maybe by cheating, maybe the account was stolen, so you never know how much time your account experience will last till it gets disabled (not mentioning 1jackjack , that will be disabled for inviting himself)

koalaBear
04-21-2007, 11:56 AM
so all the people out there that are offering buffered accounts aren't the best of people?

jaqozo
04-21-2007, 12:00 PM
so all the people out there that are offering buffered accounts aren't the best of people?

i didn`t say that.
the accounts may go through 10 hands, you know .
oink with 150 GB and bitmetv with 320 GB sounds sexy, but the risk is too high

pandapop
04-21-2007, 12:02 PM

i think if u really care about the site that u have a buffered account on, then u wouldnt trade it... so u gotta think, are they really good for the torrent community, because as soon as they think something better comes along, they would trade their buffered accounts/limbs/mothers/children to get it.

so make ur own mind up :whistling

Quintus
04-21-2007, 12:34 PM

i didn`t say that.

If they have torrent pack's like 10 or more Gb, so for ppl with seed boxes @ 100 mbps there is no problem to seed 150 or 320 Gb :naughty:

P.S. Have been read that in some trackers you can be banned for changing your e-mail, becouse they think that you trade your acc.

zehsay
04-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Have been read that in some trackers you can be banned for changing your e-mail, becouse they think that you trade your acc.

Trackers that don't want you to change your email simply disable that option.

crakin
04-21-2007, 01:44 PM
account trading can risk your access to the site , trackers may permenantly ban your IP and the one who accepted the account.
You (and the guy who accepted your account) MAY never be able to access the site again, so both of you may not be able to access the site even through legitimate ways.

give them invites, not your account !!

tony1328
04-21-2007, 01:50 PM
if we cant trade then sites like this is a waste of time lads trade and be happy

ps no scammers cheats and pussys god luv everyone (me first)

koalaBear
04-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Interesting. Thanks for all of your input.

I feel too fond of OiNK to firstly risk loosing access and secondly give someone perhaps undeserved leeching rights. I feel like I have a respectable account there, and I wouldn't want it to appear like I'd given up on it and just wanted to suck the life out of it...

Jabbe
04-21-2007, 03:06 PM
it really is a risk with trading, I LOST 4 ACC becouse i was trading invites-.... not fair.....

Melvinmeow
04-21-2007, 03:20 PM
i didn`t say that.

If they have torrent pack's like 10 or more Gb, so for ppl with seed boxes @ 100 mbps there is no problem to seed 150 or 320 Gb :naughty:

P.S. Have been read that in some trackers you can be banned for changing your e-mail, becouse they think that you trade your acc.

Most sites that disable you when you change the email address are not basing their assumption the account was traded just because of the email changing.
Ussually when people change their email addresses they wont change IP, Geographic region, and password all in the same time frame.
Changing your email addresses doesnt flag that the account was traded.
Its the other aspects of what else changed in the time frame when the email was changed ;)

In my own opinion...
Account trading is not right. You worked for the ratio to get up ect... to a respectable level. Then you go an trade your account for the next new site that comes along?
If I confirm people have been trading accounts on my site I will ban them every time.
Where if I see people trading invites for my site I could really care less.

General2k
04-21-2007, 05:29 PM
If I confirm people have been trading accounts on my site I will ban them every time.
Where if I see people trading invites for my site I could really care less.
Well said MevinMeow, that is the way it should be.
Although there is one thing that I would change, is that not everyone deserves an invite. The people that don't know how to share can stick with the public trackers.

Night0wl
04-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I think it depends how much YOU value your account at a site. Don't look at the rating here. Look at what it would mean to you, if you lose your account at the site.

I am on sites that are rated as level 2 or 3 that I would never ever risk trading for any other site. Some others I really couldn't care less about.

When I finally reach my month here I'm only going after one specific invite. But if the price is too high i.e. me having to risk specific accounts of mine. Then no way.

Something Else
04-21-2007, 07:01 PM
People can and do trade their accts but it is a high risk trade....invite trades are a safer toute, try trading your invites....why lose the acct.....if you do invite yourself again you will lose all your previous ratio....and most decent sites will log your ip and not allow another acct from the same ip.....good luck to you mate....

bblogs
04-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Private trackers basically work on the concept that copyrights are virtually impossible to enforce these days; (I mean, you randomly look at torrents in Demonoid or any site and count how many legal downloads there are :noes:)

Still, private trackers expect us to obey their rules about trading/selling accounts and invites.
Why not treat trading rules with the same amount of respect that trackers have for copyrights? (zero)

If it gets you somewhere.....trade it!

r4cc00n
04-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Is account trading risky?

stupid more than risky

koalaBear
04-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I had no idea that so many people felt so strongly against this. It seems like it's unanimously accepted when browsing the forums. I feel like other new comers should read this thread before they presume whats safe to trade...

Niteghost
04-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Are U "allow" in the "Invite Section " yet? 1jackjack to witness the "daily slaughter"........I wonder?

koalaBear
04-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Yer, thats how I witnessed the buffered account offers/requests, and was tempted to abandon my morals and loyalty...

TorrenTy
04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Have been read that in some trackers you can be banned for changing your e-mail, becouse they think that you trade your acc.

Trackers that don't want you to change your email simply disable that option.

Some tracker doesn't allow that and that OPTION isn't able to normal users.
and to the subject ,
i wonder why does some people buffered their account and than give it or trade it ? isn't worth to download many stuff from that site and enjoy your buffer? ....

Niteghost
04-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Yer, thats how I witnessed the buffered account offers/requests, and was tempted to abandon my morals and loyalty...

Whether the Accounts are "Buffered" or NOT, Trading as a whole is "Risky Business". I think some of the guys inside the "Trading Pit" are just going for the "Adrenalin Rush"
Without a "Middleman", the stakes are high, The question always still remains " Well, who should Go first......LOL?

BTW, I don't trade at all

TheFoX
04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
A few points.

1.. Many scripts now automatically log when two or more accounts use the same IP, so creating a new account will flag it up, and you may find, soon after, that it has been disabled for being a dupe.

2.. Not all torrent site staff are stupid, and some are extremely clever guys who know how to hunt out account traders. Add to the fact that some sites have alerts when IPs, email and passwords change, and it becomes extremely easy to spot an account trader. Also, there are now facilities to easily see if two different IPs come from the same country or not, and you have a fool proof method of detecting an account trade.

Point 2 above is often used to detect when an account has been hijacked as well, and some sites will disable an account if it changes geographical location, as a precaution.

A lot of the above depends on the coder. Basic TB source has hardly any tools, but with the wealth of cheat detection, client identification and reporting tools, it is very hard to get away with anything these days. FTWR is proof that catching one person leads to every other person on that chain.

Never assume that what you are doing is covert. It probably isn't, and you are probably being monitored by some site staff somewhere, without your knowledge.