PDA

View Full Version : SCN officially open on the 27th

mbucari1
04-21-2007, 05:30 PM
For all those who are interested, SCN will open on the 27th of this month.

Here's the site message

Member's of our SCN Family we are pleased to announce to you all that we are officialy opening on April.27.2007 !!!! We have a back-of-the-lorry full of goodies to celebrate this occasion... a little taster of whats to come is Freeleech and Quadruple upload and thats just 1% of what we got in store for you all.....and all stand up guy's are welcome to get in on the fun. All who join our exclusive site will be welcomed as part of our family and be treated with respect,honour and loyality and one of our own. Also as you may have heard we are holding a Cosa Nostra Monthly Contest where members are encouraged to pick there own "area" family's and compete with each other for furthur prizes...more details can be found in the forums.

AugustoP
04-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Will they allow signups?

Dr_Green_Thumb
04-21-2007, 05:38 PM
invites only

sunrise01
04-21-2007, 05:39 PM
what link of SCN ???

mbucari1
04-21-2007, 05:46 PM
what link of SCN ???

No posting of url's in the forums

Pelorus
04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
can some1 pm the url

StarBoy69
04-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Why the hell do you want the url????
You won't get in anyway!
You'll get the url if you're invited and that's that!!!

kirktrix
04-21-2007, 06:36 PM
can some1 pm the url

Google it.:D

I've been looking for it for a month because i am too curious all other tracker is so easy to find but this one is very difficult. and finally today i found it.:)

DefX
04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
lol calm down starboy. Your blood pressure will rise if you get hyped up everytime someone requests a tracker's url here.

Ultramorpg
04-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Why are you announcing it if you're not going to open signups? Just wanna create hype? That sucks :)

jonesad24
04-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Why the hell do you want the url????
You won't get in anyway!
You'll get the url if you're invited and that's that!!!

calm down, it's only a torrent site.

StarBoy69
04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
lol calm down starboy. Your blood pressure will rise if you get hyped up everytime someone requests a tracker's url here.

It's just that I see these post several times a day with the same people asking the same question getting the same answer...
And they still don't get it.
Anyway, do as kirktrix said: GOOGLE IT!!!

XeroToX
04-21-2007, 06:52 PM
congrats, i hope i get an invite, and for those who are asking for the url... why u want it if u cant login/signup ?
btw i realy like the cover

hungdob
04-21-2007, 08:44 PM
the first page looks nice :P
good luck and i hope ill get invited somehow

fanaticos
04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
nothing special..nothing new...everything that you need you can dl from other sites..blahhh

AugustoP
04-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Interesting, who has created a fake site at p***k.com ?
Owners of SCN or just scammers who collect passwords?

walczanin
04-21-2007, 09:15 PM

:blink::blink::blink:

bunny67
04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Owners of SCN or just scammers who collect passwords?wtf:unsure:

007™
04-21-2007, 10:00 PM

wtf? :wacko: :wacko:

TetlyTea
04-21-2007, 10:14 PM
its gonna be nout speical, you can get the same stuff off any other site. lol :P

AugustoP
04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh, actual URL is r***k.com. 6 users registered, design copies SCN, except for the "*" after name (its blue at original site and yellow at fake).
We'll create our own SCN, with blackjack and hookers!

deuce6000
04-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Blackjack and hookers.......

I'm in!!!!!

RainRoofer
04-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Omg

AugustoP
04-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh, I came up with a great idea. It would be fun to buy "SCN" request at all major search engines, create some doorways and collect mail passwords. I bet 90% ppl asking for URL use the same password everywhere.

0tis
04-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh, I came up with a great idea. It would be fun to buy "SCN" request at all major search engines, create some doorways and collect mail passwords. I bet 90% ppl asking for URL use the same password everywhere.

:angry: there's nothing great about that idea.

deuce6000
04-21-2007, 11:08 PM
This isn't that type of forum,we are not douchebags that like to rob people of things that they probably had to work hard to get.Sarcasm or not i just don't find it funny.

Agent47
04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh, actual URL is r***k.com. 6 users registered, design copies SCN, except for the "*" after name (its blue at original site and yellow at fake).

what the fuck is that suppose to mean?

monk3y
04-21-2007, 11:14 PM
is scn = cosa nostra ?

fanaticos
04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
they will need users...why???????they will begging for donations..they will be sign-up probably..like every site

AugustoP
04-21-2007, 11:17 PM

what the fuck is that suppose to mean?

Turn on PMs, I'll show you.

Agent47
04-21-2007, 11:20 PM
edit:

was draft version of the site b4 it went on current url

TaLeNDiL
04-21-2007, 11:59 PM
i dont care about the "search on google" messages.. and pls somebody pm me the url

PaperEater
04-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Gl

Vanguard
04-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Is the sort of gray wallpaper design stolen from torrentfreak?

d3adb3at
04-22-2007, 04:06 AM
i dunno i seen scn sct cnn rts a;; ion the last few posts on here i really dont know whats up anymore and from the looks at my last browse the sites with all these reviews and the way a new site is handled. Its all just wierd. i cant figure out what to compare it to but the whole review and announcements of invite only is crazy. and i spent months of time posting trying to get a SCT invite only to find there nothing special about it at all whatsoever. apperantly just cause it has fewer members(which makes it almost impossible to seed) makes it the best and most sought after site. SO, i assume that is what all these new ones plan to be. Content the same just make it hard to get and so and so on. Anyway, for those just having a heart attacks thinking and trying to find URL and such just relax. There are quite a few sites that are alot easier to get into that are just as fast as the rest and could be compared to others. these sites coming along with 2000 member max is just kind of retarded if ur gonna make it that small then u might as well keep it invite only and eliminate the ratios.

I have been drinking again, i think i just covered four difffrent topics in one sentence and now i am just gonna trail off....... there was a point in there somewhere i swear.

happy torrenting

RTFM
04-22-2007, 04:11 AM
they will need users...why???????they will begging for donations..they will be sign-up probably..like every site

No, all users will be given invites when the site opens to use carefully. No need for open signups.

SpiderPig
04-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Another tracker based on rarity rather than pure content (not scene, but old ones like user-uploaded/ripped ones) and speed..

*sigh*

RTFM
04-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Another tracker based on rarity rather than pure content (not scene, but old ones like user-uploaded/ripped ones) and speed..

*sigh*

SCN isn't even open and you're already passing judgment?

serialkiller
04-22-2007, 04:54 AM
is scn = cosa nostra ?
yes

bunny67
04-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Is the sort of gray wallpaper design stolen from torrentfreak?totaly not even similar

motarocks
04-22-2007, 09:11 AM

*sigh*

I am getting very annoyed with all these people posting their little sentence about a tracker before it has even opened or old enough for someone to make a statement like this!!

phrenzy
04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm a member there and the site looks good. Staff seems motivated with lots of good ideas. I think it's going to work out. I have high hopes for the site.....

And from what i've been told the site is going to be mostly "scene realses" not a rarity based tracker and not much personal rips at all..

SpiderPig
04-22-2007, 01:17 PM

*sigh*

Well, think about it. Both RTS and SCN strive for rarity due to..

What, a max of 4000-5000 members? F*N's limit is 5000, and the speeds are not near the level of trackers like TL (with their size).
80+% right now with high speeds (either seedboxes or very fast connections)
Invite only from the beginning (Again, same with trackers like F*N)
Hides their URL (Again, same with F*N, SCC, etc) - I know this may be questionable, because I guess you can say that they are not doing it for rarity, but rather privacy from law enforcement.
etc...

It's just my personal opinion.. I mean, I don't really like trackers that delete torrents after a numbers of days or whatever, or trackers that only allows uploaders to put up "Scene" torrents. I'd rather have a tracker that allows you to request a movie or torrent that is pretty old and have a generous person (if they have it) upload it.

bytetorrent
04-22-2007, 01:34 PM
It's just my personal opinion.. I mean, I don't really like trackers that delete torrents after a numbers of days or whatever, or trackers that only allows uploaders to put up "Scene" torrents. I'd rather have a tracker that allows you to request a movie or torrent that is pretty old and have a generous person (if they have it) upload it

i would love to have an account on a tracker like that !
an oink equivalent of movies.. old , 0-day etc . :rolleyes: .. (will that ever happen ? )

why would we need more 0-day trackers when sites like tl and sct already exist !

AugustoP
04-22-2007, 01:52 PM
FalconSB
A number of such sites exist. I was impressed with stuff at Cinema-Obscura and KG -- lots of art house movies, indie music . The only problem with torrents there is lack of speed.

It's fun to watch people bitching about yet-closed sites, where they will not get anything new, just the same 0-day shit, only at high speed. People begging for URL are even funnier cause these new sites are obviously out of their league. They wouldn't be able to keep ratio unless they have high speed uplink.

Chrys
04-22-2007, 02:07 PM
^ You can keep a decent ratio on every tracker with a decent upload speed,like 30kB/s minimum...not a long time ago i had this speed and i coulded keep a good ratio,even got promoted.It's hard but not impossible.
Cheers

RTFM
04-22-2007, 02:11 PM

Well, think about it. Both RTS and SCN strive for rarity due to..
What, a max of 4000-5000 members? F*N's limit is 5000, and the speeds are not near the level of trackers like TL (with their size).
80+% right now with high speeds (either seedboxes or very fast connections)
Invite only from the beginning (Again, same with trackers like F*N)
Hides their URL (Again, same with F*N, SCC, etc) - I know this may be questionable, because I guess you can say that they are not doing it for rarity, but rather privacy from law enforcement.
etc...
It's just my personal opinion.. I mean, I don't really like trackers that delete torrents after a numbers of days or whatever, or trackers that only allows uploaders to put up "Scene" torrents. I'd rather have a tracker that allows you to request a movie or torrent that is pretty old and have a generous person (if they have it) upload it.

I think you're confusing the main goal. SCN strives to be a great tracker and community, and for that to happen, a small userbase is needed. Rarity is not the primary goal.

Oh, and I don't know what you're saying about FTN being slower than TL, it has maxed out my seedbox on every single download.

AugustoP
04-22-2007, 02:54 PM
^ You can keep a decent ratio on every tracker with a decent upload speed,like 30kB/s minimum...not a long time ago i had this speed and i coulded keep a good ratio,even got promoted.It's hard but not impossible.
Cheers

Well it depends. If your download speed is high, you can grab fresh torrents and start seeding before users with slower lines finish to max out your uplink.
I have 1.5Mbit line and keeping ratio at Oink is not that comfortable, very uncomfortable at SCC and nearly impossible at VIPMusic. By "keeping ratio" I mean staying above 1.0.