PDA

View Full Version : So there I was, at Lock Freuchie

Skweeky
04-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Me, my husband and 4 of out mates decided to go camping this weekend.
Since Scotland has loads of lovely places in the middle of nowhere we decided to go wild camping.

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

After getting permission from the farmer we pitched up our tents next to a wee river, under some trees, next to a big massive mountain while there were new born lambs coming over to see what we were doing ( we were camping in their field).

We built a campfire ( cleaned it all up in the morning of course) and had a BBQ, a couple of drinks and some sing songs and guitar playing.

After dinner ( I was rather drunk at this point), me and my pal Niall decided to run up the hill. I'm glad we did, because the view was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. We were just on time to see the sun go down behind the mountains ( it was rather cloudy but you could see the rays coming through the clouds)

Later on when it got dark, it was absolutely amazing. There was only a tiny sickle moon and there wasn't a light around for miles!

I did prick myself on some thistle when I went looking for some more wood to burn.

After two bottles of Caribbean Twist, a bottle of cider, some bottles of Stella, some home made wine, vodka and coke and eventually some vile Tesco own brand whisky, I felt the time was right to strip off.

I was running back and forth naked in the middle of nowhere shouting 'wheeee wheeeeeeeee'. Everyone was in stitches for some reason.

When I woke up this morning I had the most awful hangover ever, welts on my arm from the thistle, a sore back from sleeping on the ground and a broken toe which I think I acquired by running around naked.

It's been a good weekend

Rock on:D

thewizeard
04-22-2007, 08:08 PM
..Another naked truth :) Did you get covered with midgie bytes ..on your..erm?

Mr JP Fugley
04-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Sounds great, Skweeky.

I was at Poet of Mentieth last weekend. Wasn't exactly camping but.

It was feckin' ace but, we had a great time.

I'll post pics if you do.

Skweeky
04-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm uploading them as we speak. We're using some of them for the CD cover for one of our mates.

Next weekend I'm off we're going to wild camping again

At Nigel: It's too early for midgies :)

Gripper
04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds brill :)
What a great weekend :w00t:

Mr JP Fugley
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm uploading them as we speak. We're using some of them for the CD cover for one of our mates.

Start a new thread, phoaties of stuff from :earl:

That would be cool.

thewizeard
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Sound like a time to revisit Glen-Coe...

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/glencoe/glencoe/index.html

Barbarossa
04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
News reports are coming in of a strange sighting over the weekend of some kind of Loch Freuchie monster :O

Pics to follow (allegedly :dry: )

thewizeard
04-23-2007, 11:19 AM
It's true I have already seen them!

During the famous transition of Venus across the Sun's dicks disck erm disk ..needless to say which method I used, as preferred choice for viewing... especially handy during infrequent visits to France.

Tip: There is a new, nifty, stereo, Venus viewer being launched, in time for the next transition :w00t:

http://www.greatdreams.com/venus.htm

Just in time for: The End: June 2012 (see" Trinity" The Truth Thread) Sorry Skweeky, but your attendance on that date is deemed neccessary :yup:

Gripper
04-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Skweeky???

Photobucket deemed the picture to be offensive :(

thewizeard
04-23-2007, 01:55 PM

:huh: What are you suggesting Sonja, I am very fond of flies.

often I try to first-foot it, to get them warm out the oven :)

..would have thought you'd known that by now. :unsure:

Imagine_If
04-24-2007, 04:06 PM
he..nearly fell off the edge of the known world... You ok Skweeky?

Skweeky
04-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm confuzzled

flies = vlaaien? :huh:

thewizeard
04-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Well, you could ask WeeMouse or Big Mouse or Spider or Lamsey ; JPaul might know, although his roots are Irish and he comes from Tara. Of course I could tell you too.

Actually Musca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musca

... IS a very important constellation, strangely one of the top 3 favourites and close to where the action begins as our Mother star re-appears :)

http://www.answers.com/topic/hogmanay

Now, where are your pics?

Skweeky
04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
What does hogmanay have to do with this? :huh:

mentalist

Gripper
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
What does hogmanay have to do with this? :huh:

mentalist

:yup:

thewizeard
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
A lot actually. Do we ever get to see those nudies, or do I have to explain? :)

Skweeky
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
There are no pictures of me in the nude.
There's only normal pictures, and I'm not in them

Cuz I was taking them

thewizeard
04-25-2007, 07:18 PM
There are no pictures of me in the nude.
There's only normal pictures, and I'm not in them

Cuz I was taking them
:lol:

I was running back and forth naked in the middle of nowhere shouting 'wheeee wheeeeeeeee'. Everyone was in stitches for some reason.

Oh now I get it, that was a loss leader?

..No I must confess..it was my hopeful, and my going off at a tangent, self, that showed itself painfully, in that RoXXY thread, who everyone thought I was having a extra-terror-raelionship with!

( please dont ask what a raelionship is..)

Or right then, save me editing, a raelionship is these days all the rage, more info about raelionships can be found here What a realionship really is (http://z15.invisionfree.com/Imagine_If/index.php?showtopic=73) ..you will have to prepare yourself for beaming down... :cool: