PDA

View Full Version : 2 Simple Questions About Movies/rips

Kazaa Lite freak
06-04-2003, 04:52 PM
what does it mean when a movie is nuked, and secondly whats different from a rip of a game to a proper cd image, is there less to the game less features ?? cus my friend got GTA 3 only 148mb now something must be missing from the game to be that small

chris thanks :D

CanYouDigItSucka
06-04-2003, 05:05 PM
I think the "nuked" is in reference to the sound of the movie and basically it being crap

As for GTA3....unless the games in the verified section i wouldn't risk downloading it.......

a. its possibly another game, but not a good one if only 148MB
b. if it is the game, it could be missing alot, like the sound, movies etc but i'd say its more likely option a.
c. worse case its just crap

Finally a cd image when burnt will give you a number of disc pretty much like you would have if you bought it, whereas the rip will not be 100% (sound etc maybe be missing), although some people say the rip and cd image are teh same thing (ie you rip the original)

well_butter_my_arse
06-04-2003, 06:19 PM
yeah the games probably a fake. yor best of using emule for that kind o thing

yyiryyib
06-04-2003, 06:23 PM
i had the 158 meg version, its just compressed by the group that ripped it, just install it and it will uncompress and be done.

The graphics and sound will never be as good, expect mimimal or medium quality, besides the rip groups dont rip anymore they make cd images like said above

Kazaa Lite freak
06-04-2003, 06:46 PM
ye i know its not fake my mate downloaded it and wonts me too, but im getting 1.4gb version off IRC whcih i know is better, so any1 else know what a movie nuked means ?

Jibbler
06-04-2003, 07:16 PM
When a movie, game, or CD is ripped, there are certain rules that the "scene" has to follow. For instance a movie could be nuked for having bad audio. The first copy of Italian Job that was released had a mono audio, not stereo, so it was "nuked" by other release groups because the rip was sub-standard. A movie could be nuked for any number of reasons. Too big to fit on a disk, bad video, bad audio, wrong format, etc. Games can be nuked too, especially if they don't play or install properly. A game that freezes frequently, or if it doesn't install cleanly could be nuked. The first version of Sim City 4 is a good example of this. The Deviance release froze up on alot of computers so it was nuked. A few days later, GimpRus re-released the game with a "proper" tag, which means that they fixed the problems. ;)

Regarding GTA3, you have downloaded the "rip" and not the ISO. They call it a "rip" because something is missing, like some cut scenes, or possibly extra sound files, things like that. They do this to get the rip under the minimum file size required by the "scene". An ISO or IMG file contains all the extras, but is usually a much larger file size, and may require a "crack" to play it. B)

Kazaa Lite freak
06-04-2003, 07:20 PM
thanks for that, understand it all much better now, i always get cd images got a collection of over 30 games, withing a year old which is good i think,

ill keep downloading this .bin and .cue cus there better and cracks r eacy to find on gamecopyworld :) .

when u install a rip, it dont actyually install like the proper game does it, as in the start menu either

Crack_man
06-04-2003, 07:22 PM
NUKED -
A film can be nuked for various reasons. Individual sites will nuke for breaking their rules (such as "No Telesyncs") but if the film has something extremely wrong with it (no soundtrack for 20mins, CD2 is incorrect film/game etc) then a global nuke will occur, and people trading it across sites will lose their credits. Nuked films can still reach other sources such as p2p/usenet, but its a good idea to check why it was nuked first in case. If a group realise there is something wrong, they can request a nuke.

NUKE REASONS :: this is a list of common reasons a film can be nuked for (generally DVDRip)

** BAD A/R ** :: bad aspect ratio, ie people appear too fat/thin
** BAD IVTC ** :: bad inverse telecine. process of converting framerates was incorrect.
** INTERLACED ** :: black lines on movement as the field order is incorrect.

Jibbler
06-05-2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks Crackman, I knew that was posted somewhere, in a sticky maybe? Anyway, the Italian Job was re-encoded correctly by the same release group, and re-packed for download. A nuke is usually done very early so that the "bad" files/movies don't get spread onto the network. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. ;)

super_science_monkey
06-05-2003, 02:46 AM
i d/led c&c generals which was like 180mb and decompressed to 1.1GB