PDA

View Full Version : It's my birthday, thought I'd introduce myself.

torentcouple
04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi, I've been active in the bittorrent forum for about a month now, but I've never really introduced myself (ourselves). But since my wife's birthday was about a week or so ago, and mine is tomorrow, I thought I'd do a belated introduction.
We are in our mid and late 30's.
We work a shit clerical job, and are working on starting a business to get out of it.

We mostly use bittorrent for TV, and also Howard stern shows (only way to get through the job), music and elearning.

I have a hobby of collecting non-English rap, which I mostly use edonkey for.

We consider finding this site and all the nice people on it a birthday present to both of us.

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Meh.

SHUVT
04-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I couldn't find my "kiss ass" smiley. Damn! LOL

j2k4
04-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Meh.

So jaded. :rolleyes:

Happy birthday to the two of you, and welcome. :)

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Meh.

So jaded. :rolleyes:

Yup, if the chap indulges in torrent invite trading then that's cuntish behaviour. I don't think I've ever equivocated on that one.

If not then why mention you are most active in that section.

Alien5
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
meh = happy birthday in loungese? :unsure:

thewizeard
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi, I've been active in the bittorrent forum for about a month now, but I've never really introduced myself (ourselves). But since my wife's birthday was about a week or so ago, and mine is tomorrow, I thought I'd do a belated introduction.
We are in our mid and late 30's.
We work a shit clerical job, and are working on starting a business to get out of it.

We mostly use bittorrent for TV, and also Howard stern shows (only way to get through the job), music and elearning.

I have a hobby of collecting non-English rap, which I mostly use edonkey for.

We consider finding this site and all the nice people on it a birthday present to both of us.

First, lets get this straight We, and I have already mentioned this fact in the April birthday thread. April children are the best. Probably due to the abundance of fruit blossom.

As for the non-English rap: :O Do you know it's St. George's day today and who he is and what he did? Sorry, you will not find that here in the lounge or sympathy for that matter. Have you ever thought of trying Newsgroups or OpenNap? :noes:

You have run part of the gauntlet. Just ensure that next time you visit us, we don't see any trading point..that would be unwise.

For the rest welcome ... and have you any photographs of your wife? You know the type I mean.. nudge nudge..
:rolleyes:

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 10:58 PM
meh = happy birthday in loungese? :unsure:

Not when I type it.

Alien5
04-23-2007, 11:03 PM
meh torentcouple :wave:

torrent has two r's by the way, so if you want it changed just ask ok :D

i can't but im just letting you know

leechtorrents
04-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Happy Birthday Couple. :hbd:

Alien5
04-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Happy Birthday Couple. :hbd: ha ha to scared to misspell torrent i see :P

torentcouple
04-23-2007, 11:17 PM
You might want to look at my posts before you assume I've been trading sites/invites all the time. (And don't forget people get trading points for *giving* away accounts/invites they aren't using or need).

Mostly I post sites open for sign-up there...
and try (unsucessfully) to find sites with non-english hip-hop rap.

Im not sure what St. George's day has to do with listening to music that is not in your own language... I have no interest in politics, and if it seemed that way I'm sorry.

The whole point of non-English rap, for me, is that I can listen to the music without having to hear lyrics about violence, sexism, and other things I don't agree with, because its in a language I can't understand.

I've been getting to know people and trying to help out,
and while I really don't have an opinion either way about the trading issue,
(and am not going to discuss it any further here), I've been able to get what I need from the kindness of people I've met
so I haven't had to trade.

I have gotten the things I really need for free, there's no need for me to do any ass-kissing at this point.

I just wanted to give a sincere "Hello" to people I haven't met yet and a sincere "thank you" to the people I already know and who have helped me...

But this thread seems to have backfired on me...

oh well... the best intentions and all that....

P.S I spell "torentcouple" with 1 "r" because with two "r"s its too many characters for some boards.

leechtorrents
04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Happy Birthday Couple. :hbd: ha ha to scared to misspell torrent i see :P

:naughty:

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 11:21 PM
You might want to look at my posts before you assume I've been trading sites/invites all the time.

I can say, without hesitation, that I don't want to do that.

No "might" about it. Not even a "may".

I have no interest in your posts at all. None whatsoever.

Sorry if that's not clear.

Alien5
04-23-2007, 11:23 PM
well said torentcouple, not all torrent invite trading is done in the same way, some of us give without asking for anything in return.

Proper Bo
04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
gillia guiilame Bill

torentcouple

who's next, jp?:no:

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 11:28 PM
well said torentcouple, not all torrent invite trading is done in the same way, some of us give without asking for anything in return.

Yeah that's good if it gets disabled for no reason.

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 11:29 PM
gillia guiilame Bill

torentcouple

who's next, jp?:no:

Any cawk who decides they want to talk pish.

Proper Bo
04-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Aileen?

Alien5
04-23-2007, 11:31 PM
wha? :unsure: im pished on cider agin :beer:

Mr JP Fugley
04-23-2007, 11:34 PM
wha? :unsure: im pished on cider agin :beer:

No excuse. You're still an idiot.

Alien5
04-23-2007, 11:38 PM
:yes:

thewizeard
04-23-2007, 11:49 PM
But this thread seems to have backfired on me...

oh well... the best intentions and all that....

P.S I spell "torentcouple" with 1 "r" because with two "r"s its too many characters for some boards.

To be fair, they could live on a Tor.. and in Dutch, Ren = Run which makes it right again. because then it would mean, .small -outcrop-or hill followed by a (cup)T and then couple. or alternatively, To run to couple toruntocouple would probably make more sense.

Out of interest, do you like bolognaise sause or prefer Tomato Ketchup?

Oh..your thread hasn't backfired on you, yet :)

weenden
04-24-2007, 12:03 AM
well happy bday enjoy your day

Hairbautt
04-24-2007, 04:31 AM
oh well... the best intentions and all that....Have they no stories to tell of the lounge in the BT section?

Did I just confuse myself. :blink:

TankGrrl
04-24-2007, 05:13 AM
happy B day

2u

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/party/birthday.gif

happy B day

2u

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/party/hb2.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/party/partytime.gif

Gripper
04-24-2007, 08:47 AM
:hbd:,nice way to introduce yourselves. :)

All and any help greatfullt received.

Barbarossa
04-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I'll rent a couple from you, if there's any still available :smilie4:

P.S. Rap is CRap :smilie4:

thewizeard
04-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Alright, today, seeing it's your birthday, we shall be very very kind to you :)
Many Happy returns of the day torentcouple :D

You have run the gauntlet, even got a post from Mr. J.P. Fugley, which means, you have past the test...otherwise he wouldn't even bother with you.

Now all you need to do is complete the statutory 50 press-ups; bow down gracefully to our esteemed and generous post King and Lounge Lizard of the highest order, manker. Ignoring Mr. JP. Fugley is not really an option by the way....then you will be a fully initiated Lounge Lizard; of the lower grade, of course :)

Now, it's the custom..that on your birthday, you buy everyone in the Lounge a beer!

:hbd: :wave: <---- this is for your wife ./

Hairbautt
04-24-2007, 11:30 AM
:naughty:<---this is for your wife./

Imagine_If
04-24-2007, 02:03 PM
:naughty:<---this is for your wife./

In which case, we will just have to put your surprising manifestation down to "meaningful coincidence" and add this particular appearance, to the Synchronicity threads short list, here in the Drawing_Room http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/the-drawing-room/t-synchronicity-164575

:lol: