PDA

View Full Version : Soulseek Problems...

Kokanee
06-05-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm having a problem with soulseek every couple of days now. When I start it up and scans shared folders it freezes up and does not respond. Any thoughts of why it would stop responding all the time??

I am running:

Win. XP Pro SP1
192 SDRAM
700MHz AMD Duron processor
10.0 Mbps Cable Internet connection

I never had this problem until about a week ago and have been using SS for months now.

the_faceman
06-05-2003, 12:44 AM
XP sometimes says it's not responding, but really it's still loading the program up, i know u have a lot of files, so it's usually that. i have a lot too, and if u use Windows Task Manager you can see how much RAM slsk.exe is using. mine starts at 14MB and creeps up to around 25MB of RAM usage, sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it's instant. if it seems to freeze right click on the process slsk.exe and change the priority to High instead of Normal. i don't know if this actually does anything, but it seems to speed up the process when it seems locked on my PC.

hope that helps

the faceman

Kokanee
06-05-2003, 01:11 AM
When I open Task manager it says its using 100% of memory usage! When this happens I just leave it running and it eventually starts up 10-45 minutes later....sometimes not at all.
I also tried setting the priority to high and didn't do anything :angry:
Hopefully I'll get this fixed

Kokanee
06-05-2003, 02:12 AM
Now I keep getting disconnected all the time when I do get in! :angry:
But d/l's and u/l's are still going!
Look at the shots below....look at the user and then in the user list:

OFFLINE:
http://members.shaw.ca/dlconn/offline2.JPG

ONLINE:
http://members.shaw.ca/dlconn/online2.JPG

This is really pissing me off.

marine_aart
06-05-2003, 03:49 AM
I am disconnecting the whole time like that :( just woke up, 20 disconnects :blink:

the_faceman
06-05-2003, 04:08 AM
whatever downloads have started before you get disconnected will finish because the connection has already been made by your and the other person's pc. if it remains disconnected the next download/upload won't start, as the soulseek client isn't operating to make the connection between the two pc's for you.

Kokanee
06-05-2003, 04:14 AM
thanks for the info and tips

marine_aart
06-05-2003, 05:19 AM
BUT WHY?

Ad
06-05-2003, 05:36 AM
soulseek server was doen for abotu 10 minutes earlier and I got D/c and connected a few times too but my dls were still running which was werid

Curley
06-05-2003, 07:26 AM
I've got a question for you. I left SS running overnight & it seems I got d/c'd from one room but not the other. It then reconnected on its own accord. If the server when down why did I only have probs with one room?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Curley@5 June 2003 - 02:26
I've got a question for you. I left SS running overnight & it seems I got d/c'd from one room but not the other. It then reconnected on its own accord. If the server when down why did I only have probs with one room?
:P I done told ya girl. :P

The other Room is known as our Sister Room.....or what some of us call it.....our "Baby Room". :lol:

Benno
06-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by marine_aart@5 June 2003 - 07:19
BUT WHY?
If you disconnect you disconnect from the server, and all new connections are made over the server first. But if a download allready started you are connected directly to that person.

So you cant establish new connections but you can finish the old onces.

Edit:@Kokanee you can try to delete everything in the shared.cfg file in your soulseek directory. But afterwards you have to add all your folders again using the filesharing option.

Curley
06-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+5 June 2003 - 09:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 5 June 2003 - 09:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Curley@5 June 2003 - 02:26
I&#39;ve got a question for you.&nbsp; I left SS running overnight & it seems I got d/c&#39;d from one room but not the other.&nbsp; It then reconnected on its own accord.&nbsp; If the server when down why did I only have probs with one room?
:P I done told ya girl. :P

The other Room is known as our Sister Room.....or what some of us call it.....our "Baby Room". :lol: [/b][/quote]
Hmmmm....... as I seem to recall, your words were something like "because musicroom is better" :angry: :( :P

My question is still not answered though&#33;

Ad
06-07-2003, 04:53 AM
:lol: :lol: :D :P isnt it great we chat on ss and chat with post at the same time :D :P