PDA

View Full Version : how can i change .mkv file type to either divX or.vob

nickw1988
04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
how can i change .mkv file type to either divX or.vob file type?

memnom
04-25-2007, 07:19 AM
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=239995

this will help you, rep me if it does.

nickw1988
04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
It helps but hard to use and it doesnt let me rep yu doesnt have that box thing. Is there just 1 program that will loet me do it?

memnom
04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Virtualdub mod. but u need to demultiplex the mkv first and again multiplex the a/v files and then there is the problem of Sync. so it for those who are INTO AV. just google it.

zapjb
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Think I had a .mkv video the other day I couldn't burn.

I right clicked - renamed to .avi. Then played fine with VLC or Media Player Classic.

But I'm unsophisticated.

memnom
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
its a container, so changing the file name wont change the file itself. besides VLC can play Anything in ANY FORMAT.

peat moss
04-26-2007, 12:57 AM

Wow you get rep points for helping people now ? Ah fuck it I'll just give this link now when people need help . :dry:

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/

memnom
04-26-2007, 03:44 AM
its a way of saying thanks, why do u rep somebody when they give u free invite? its not Ah Fuck, its Ah THANKS.

peat moss
04-26-2007, 04:09 AM
its a way of saying thanks, why do u rep somebody when they give u free invite? its not Ah Fuck, its Ah THANKS.

Oh really ? Thats my point you need rep points to show you help someone , or I'm missing something ? I thought you got rep points for Bit invites not Goggling or helping a member . Ah Fuck this place is going downhill , sad to see . :dabs:

memnom
04-26-2007, 07:37 AM
nice sig is the cat u? alwas UP somebody's ass snooping eh?
and so why are u so worried about he repping me?

i didnt google it, i showed him the site i know which he may or may not know. and SANE people Call it HELPING, and this is going downhill cuz of people like u who want to SAY something FOR THE SAKE of it, its upto him if he wants let him, if he dont im still gonna help him, now U scram.

peat moss
04-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Scram ? Ok grandpa first off it was n't the link you posted , thats a great site you pointed to . I just wondered about the "this will help you, rep me if it does." quote . Seems rather silly no ?

I read your posts and see you post mostly in the Bitorrent section and put two and two together , if you really want to help people, fuck off with the rep point requests . Kindly leave my sig. out of it too please and thank you . :dabs:

lightshow
04-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes, please let's not take this forum and make it people begging for rep points...leave that in the bittorent invites section.

As for the question, an .mkv file is a container and has the following in it.

video file -> using compressed with xvid or divx (sometimes other codecs)
audio files -> usually switchable between Eng, Jap, Korean, Italian, etc.
subtitle files -> usually switchable between Eng, Jap, Korean, Itialian, etc.

If you want to make it so it will play in a dvd player, you have to go through a lot of steps as mentioned earlier in the link to http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=239995

It takes a lot of steps since you have to decide what audio track + subtitile track you want, then put them together (hard coded) and then make it dvd compliant.

Appzalien
04-29-2007, 03:46 AM
Once in a blue moon Virtual Dub Mod will load and create an avi from an mkv or ogm file straight away, but its dependent on alot of factors let alone if you choose the japanese or english audio. Acc or Oog audio will stop it but mp3 is ok (preferably cbr mp3). V Dub does its little processing thing to the audio when it loads to make sure the audio and video match and if you extract each separately this step gets skipped and you end up interleaving or even stretching the audio file to fit the video.

Mkv files are one of the biggest pain in the ass container formats ever invented and they're used by morons that think that because they use mkv they are special. They're special all right, like in special olympics.

Avoid mkv unless your a glutton for punishment or you revel in a challenge like me. Give those files to me and I'll convert them all to what ever you want in a day. And then it will take me 5 days to upload them.

lightshow
04-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Mkv files are one of the biggest pain in the ass container formats ever invented and they're used by morons that think that because they use mkv they are special. They're special all right, like in special olympics.

You do know why they choose to encode and use the mkv container right?

zapjb
04-29-2007, 07:26 AM

You do know why they choose to encode and use the mkv container right?
I'm not too proud to ask. Why then?

memnom
04-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Scram ? Ok grandpa first off it was n't the link you posted , thats a great site you pointed to . I just wondered about the "this will help you, rep me if it does." quote . Seems rather silly no ?

I read your posts and see you post mostly in the Bitorrent section and put two and two together , if you really want to help people, fuck off with the rep point requests . Kindly leave my sig. out of it too please and thank you . :dabs:

oh look somebodys angry?
for what grandma?
telling u that u are the cat which is stuck up in the PLACE?:P
oh k i wont mention it. but its just looks soooooo U.

kfat
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the link memnom (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/memnom-154921), i just got some animes and i want to play in my Xbox MCE.... I've used Virtualdub before... it's kinda hard to configure alil bit.Sometimes it doesn't work right.

fstrulz
05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I've tried doing this and the best software that worked for me is ConvertXtoDVD...

peat moss
05-02-2007, 04:58 AM

oh look somebodys angry?
for what grandma?
telling u that u are the cat which is stuck up in the PLACE?:P
oh k i wont mention it. but its just looks soooooo U.

Boring :whistling use the Pm option to insult me you look like a moron, the best ones we can post in the lounge . Hows the rep points coming along by the way ?