PDA

View Full Version : Oink acc trades = Disabled

monodinamo
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I've figured out ,if you changed the password/email/ip in the past ,your oink acc got disabled. It could be a fresh "antitrade" system ,i got many accounts disabled in this weeks.
Somebody with the same experience?

Power75
04-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I just changed the email of my oink recently ( not involving trade) and it is not disabled. It might have to do with the ip though.

Chrys
04-25-2007, 08:35 PM
i also changed in oink mail+pass+ip and my account is still working :)

STAGUY
04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Oink staff got really some serious mind issues :wacko:, so take care with your accounts bros

Fibo
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Off Topic: All my invites got taken, because My invitee got banned.

That Sux.

ven0m
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Off Topic: All my invites got taken, because My invitee got banned.

That Sux.

Your lucky they didn't ban your account too. Thats what they usually do. I had a bad experience with Oink too, I had downloaded my FIRST torrent from them and seeded it uncapped on my 25MBit line and they banned me.. for "CHEATING"! LOL.. wtf.. Never cheated and don't EVEN know how to! I've NEVER been banned from any site ever before or ever again. I thought I would do something nice and up the swarm speed, on a torrent that was slow... I didn't want invites or anything just wanted them to see that I want to contribute and do something good!

Anyway no point, lots of people get banned there and I'm all in favor of supporting them in banning cheaters etc, but they don't always get it right and they should keep that in mind and maybe issue a warning and try to find out if someone is ACTUALLY cheating or give them a fair chance! Tried to ask them how I cheated but obviously no response and banned from IRC chat too. So I still don't get it! Is seeding on a fast line considered cheating or something?

I don't personally want to be part of a site where you get banned when you are actually trying to contribute to it! Sorry to hear that Fibo and hopefully they will give em back to you cos it wasn't your fault in the first place!

Rant Over. :01:

Tokeman
04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
supprisingly enough your not the first i've heard of being ban'd for fast upload speeds. Sad to say the best thing to do is cap your upload per torrent... Not good for the community though. Would love to hear from a mod at oink as to why this is happening... only going to slow things down for their users.

REVTTtorrent
04-25-2007, 09:39 PM
i also changed in oink mail+pass+ip and my account is still working :)

me too

Skiz
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I've figured out ,if you changed the password/email/ip in the past ,your oink acc got disabled. It could be a fresh "antitrade" system ,i got many accounts disabled in this weeks.

The trick I use is to change the email one day. Wait at least 2 weeks between making any other changes on the account.

askj
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
This is why Oink staff is the worst ever.

Ratzy Rox
04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Could you not just have gone on irc and told them you were seeding on an unusually fast connection?

The irc is always a good laugh. You should come along if you have problems their not gonna eat you alive or anything.

taba
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Could you not just have gone on irc and told them you were seeding on an unusually fast connection?

The irc is always a good laugh. You should come along if you have problems their not gonna eat you alive or anything.

on oink they will if they can:lol:

ven0m
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Thats the thing though. I left the torrent to seed, not to earn anything out of it but give back and when I tried to log in it said account disabled. So I did go to the IRC chat to ask them why my account was disabled. All they said was "you were cheating and cheaters never win" and and I asked cheating how? but they banned me from the IRC. Thats it! LOL. Its puzzling to be honest, I wish they would have analyzed my account properly or seen the data I sent (don't know how it works but I'm sure there must be a way to see that I didn't send any bad data!). I mean I turned so many leechers into seeders and improved the swarm speed immensely. Personally I would like to see all the cheaters and scammers lined up and shot, because they give honest people like me a bad name. Why the HELL would you want to fake uploads when you can just seed the real thing! Never made sense to me, how exactly does it benefit someone, isnt it the same thing as seeding a real file?! If I was banned for a REAL reason I would understand, but to be put into that category when I was just trying to help just sucks! If they wanted me to do something to prove my innocence I would have. I have never been banned anywhere and always try to seed as much as I can especially torrents that have few seeds or low swarm speeds. I just think this kind of stuff takes the "sharing" out of "file sharing."

Anyway it is cool, I would rather be part of a site that appreciates people who genuinely upload for the benefit of others - rather than suspect them for NO REASON and ban them! I know I'm innocent and that is what matters most to me.

desiKing
04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
One ruthless site..where staff is GOD...no matter what u do...u still probably get banned like many other for no reasons what so ever...?
if you upload more than 50K....Banned? change password, email and ip at the sametime....banned?

human fly
04-26-2007, 12:40 AM
something wrong with the ip

Night0wl
04-26-2007, 12:45 AM

I wonder with this "many accounts disabled" whether they were so wrong in banning you.

SnipeR19
04-26-2007, 03:40 AM
I change my email last night today my acc work fine

mbucari1
04-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Just keep your head low and don't get noticed and you'll be fine.

I don't intend to trade, so this issue doesn't affect me :D . I really like this site and wouldn't trade it for anything right now. (except maybe free lifetime access to topsites and option to make requests. But that ain't gonna happen!)

ChotaZorro
04-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, OiNK is a great site. I just recently got access to it and I don't think there's any problem with it. Great speeds and lots of rare music. I usually don't post in forums there or make myself "known". That's exactly what you should do there.

Chrys
04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
This is why Oink staff is the worst ever.

wrong,bitmetv have the worst staff

ptp5352
04-26-2007, 11:14 AM
supprisingly enough your not the first i've heard of being ban'd for fast upload speeds. Sad to say the best thing to do is cap your upload per torrent... Not good for the community though. Would love to hear from a mod at oink as to why this is happening... only going to slow things down for their users.

its happening because they are way to obsessed about catching cheaters, and because of this regular users lose out

silhouette
04-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm myself apprehensive now. Because I currently use my oink account from the workplace where my speeds are really low. The result is that I have a really low ratio.
I'll soon have a 20 mb line at the place I stay but using oink from there would result in a change of IPs.
My only bad experience has been with pisexy. They banned we within a few days of registering. I got onto their irc and was informed that if you do not download in the first week then the account gets disabled. I asked if this is mentioned in their FAQs and rules. The answer was 'no'. I was also told that soon things would get more harsh at private sites. I replied that they were inadvertently playing into the hands of traders by making arbitrary rules.
I'm glad that pisexy is dispensable. But would be upset if this happened with oink.

prima1
04-26-2007, 12:56 PM
My account on IPlay was disabled because my ratio dropped below 0.4!!! WTF! No warning or anything >>> Immediate disabling of account!

kabir
04-26-2007, 01:07 PM
thts just the basics prima1.
u gotta keep ratios above 0.5 in almost every tracker

LolikMan91
04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Sorry for your account :(

BombayMan
04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
i got banned from oink twice now because i was using my seedbox to seed and they thought i was cheating. I tried explaining to them, but their wonderful staff wouldnt listen

ltpowda
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
i don't know how u guys get banned and just somehow get back on, i would love to have just one chance.

Take Care

STAGUY
04-26-2007, 02:56 PM
@ltpowda (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/ltpowda-162444) You'll have to wait until you get access to the invite section

lysine
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
i don't know how u guys get banned

probably because people like you can't read...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-do-not-request-offer-invites-section-or-banned-146184

ronaldinho123
04-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I just changed the email of my oink recently ( not involving trade) and it is not disabled. It might have to do with the ip though

ptp5352
04-27-2007, 03:26 PM
my second PU account in 3 weeks just got disabled there, both around 1 week after trading. I really dont think its safe to trade there without getting mail account anymore

lineman
04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I changed email and password at the same time. IP was however the same. I had no problem at all. No warning and my account is fully operative 2 weeks after that.

the-big-gamer
04-27-2007, 08:25 PM
if you change e mail the account will be dissabeld

lineman
04-27-2007, 09:13 PM

I can confirm that this is not the case.

PooBar
04-28-2007, 05:15 AM

no thats not the case,i have changed my email before at OiNK and still got my acc there,but i wouldn't do email and pass at the same time though.

TheRealGiant
04-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, I can also add, that I changed my email, pw, ip, and so on and the ACC is still WORKING.

Thatsgreat
04-28-2007, 04:41 PM
If you get your account dissabled please write here and say what you did change after you got the account. I don't understand OiNK. How can they just dissable account. What if a good friend gives the account to his friend. That fair, isn't it? So how can they be sure someone bought the account or got it by trading?

prima1
04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
If you get your account dissabled please write here and say what you did change after you got the account. I don't understand OiNK. How can they just dissable account. What if a good friend gives the account to his friend. That fair, isn't it? So how can they be sure someone bought the account or got it by trading?

Well this is what invites are for, account sharing is not allowed either