PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Hack?

Cyberhyper
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Why is the "Thanks" hack not in this forum integrated? This will very comfortable and itīs better than posts like "Thanks", "Thank you" and "THX". :)

Cyberhyper

Skiz
04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
What do you mean "Why isn't it integrated"?

lynx
04-27-2007, 12:02 AM
It's a system I've seen on some torrent sites which adds a "thanks" point to the uploader's stats, without creating an extra post.

Could be useful in cutting out spam/fluff posts.

BawA
04-27-2007, 03:03 AM
please no, this board is becoming more and more a Noob-Bt forum. thanks hack is so noob stuff which FST is not about.
if you want to implement it do it for bt section.

Skiz
04-27-2007, 03:05 AM
It's already been done in the NZB section.

It's not necessary anywhere else. :huh:

Cyberhyper
04-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Sorry, it was only a question... :huh:

Cyberhyper

thewizeard
04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Sorry, it was only a question... :huh:

Cyberhyper

Don't worry, we (I hardly dare mention that word..) only leave the lounge for very brief intervals and then Barbarossa comes and rounds us all up, by tea.
( our apologies for BawA, he is quite ok, really). Maybe you would like to visit the Lounge to make an off topic post? :)

Hairbautt
04-27-2007, 01:55 PM
If this was to be applied let it be for the BT section, k thx bye.

Maybe news section, too actually...Like Klite codec updates noobs post 'thx' on topics like that. If they post thx anywhere else tho' I usually delete it if its just for general news and not software postings.

Coming to think of it I really don't care.

tesco
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM

Actually it was removed from the NZB section. :P People jsut don't stop thanking now even though they don't have to. :lol:

Also, the user's request was slightly different. Our 'thank you hack' made users post a thank you, while what he was requesting actually makes it so there are NO thank-you posts - instead a user clicks a thank you button and a list of thankyou users is created. for that post/thread.

My response is the same as bawa, it's really amateurish and adds more unnecessary clutter. but thank you for the suggestion.

Skiz
04-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Actually it was removed from the NZB section. :P People jsut don't stop thanking now even though they don't have to. :lol:

Also, the user's request was slightly different. Our 'thank you hack' made users post a thank you, while what he was requesting actually makes it so there are NO thank-you posts - instead a user clicks a thank you button and a list of thankyou users is created. for that post/thread.

My response is the same as bawa, it's really amateurish and adds more unnecessary clutter. but thank you for the suggestion.

I guess I'm just missing the point then. :huh:

I thought he was talking about the new thank you hack that I suggested and you created, but I guess not. :unsure: