PDA

View Full Version : iTunes - Burning

Hairbautt
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Funny story:

I burn audio CDs with iTunes since I manage my iPod on it. Today, as I try to burn a playlist & I get that flashy message on top that says "Disc Burner or Software not found."

What a load of BS. :angry:

I tried Google, feel free to double check.
I tried a complete uninstall. RegCleaner, folder delete.
Checked M$ Change Status for any wierd changes. Found I had Appoint2k installed...:dry: Dunno how the feck as its a desktop.
Uninstalled CD/DVD Plextor 740A drive
Disconnected external devices (Conflict?)Here's what iTunes diagnostic says:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 4550
iTunes 7.1.1.5
CD Driver 2.0.6.1
CD Driver DLL 2.0.6.2
LowerFilters: ElbyDelay (5.1.0.1), ElbyCDFL (5.2.1.3), AnyDVD (6.0.9.9), PxHelp20 (2.0.0.0),
UpperFilters: Pcatip (1.3.0.2), GEARAspiWDM (2.0.6.1),
Current user is an administrator.
Video Display Information:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Connected Device Information:
DiskDrive, WDC WD600BB-75CAA0, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [0,0]
DiskDrive, Apple iPod USB Device, Bus Type USB
DiskDrive, WDC WD16 00JB-00EVA0 USB Device, Bus Type USB
CDROM, PLEXTOR DVDR PX-740A, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [0,0]
If you have multiple drives on the same IDE or SCSI bus, these drives may interfere with each other.
Some computers need an update to the ATA or IDE bus driver, or Intel chipset. If iTunes has problems recognizing CDs or hanging or crashing while importing or burning CDs, check the support site for the manufacturer of your computer or motherboard.
Failed while scanning for CD / DVD drives, error 2510.
Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.
D: Unsupported CD or DVD drive.
Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.
:helpsmili

Alien5
04-27-2007, 01:00 AM
a similar thing happened to me when i frazzled my USB port.

try a different port?

Hairbautt
04-27-2007, 01:05 AM
No, its not a external drive. I found a firmware update for my drive, but still no help.

:mad: I've had nothing, but problems with iTunes, ffs.

Alien5
04-27-2007, 01:12 AM
have you seen this?

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=554438&pid=588488717&st=0&#entry588488717

Hairbautt
04-27-2007, 01:28 AM
have you seen this?

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=554438&pid=588488717&st=0&#entry588488717
I musta missed this on Google.

Anyways, thanks friend. I noticed in the Change Diagnostics Utility that DTools was updated to the new version, then a newer version recently released (4.09.1.1? something like that).

It occurred to me maybe it might be this app since iTunes mentions virtual drives.

I thought about uninstalling DTools, but decided against it. I'll try it for sure now since it worked for him. I'll probably revert back to the version I had before since it worked before.

No fix yet as I'm burning the CD with Nero...10 more minutes. I'll post back my results later (might not do it tonight I gotta drive to Tampa) :dabs:

Here's a thread 'bout it at DTool's forums: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/dtools-4-0-9-1-t16689.html

Skiz
04-27-2007, 02:51 AM
You lot that use itunes must be a glutton for punishment. That is hands down the worst piece of software on the planet. It's the Anti-Christ, i tell you.

Nero StartSmart, FTW. :01:

Hairbautt
04-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Hmmm, yeah...

Nero is good, but its just the way my music library is organized is what makes it difficult when selecting songs.

So far I've encountered these issues with iTunes:
1.) Illegal *.dll relocated - FIXED
2.) Refuses to add some mp3's and mp4's - FIXED, somewhat.
3.) It won't save the FECKING album art the first time - FIXED, sorta. I just have to try it the second time.
4.) Refuses to eject iPod, "still in use" bs. :dry: