PDA

View Full Version : advice needed- newsgroup request

polecatNJ
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm new, of course... but have one particular episode of a bbc show that I would like to download.

I have downloated torrents occassionally and also from the newsgroups. But this tv show just isn't out there where I can download it.

yet, during searches (www.nfoogle.com (http://www.nfoogle.com)) I come up with a filename:

Imagine.The.Movie.Brats.Take.Two.WS.PDTV.XviD-REMAX

I figured out how to make a request on alt.binaries.tvseries (thru IRC)...but I'm getting the feeling that unless I've got something to share...my request probably won't get filled. I only have access to the public things that most others have access to. So I'm wondering if there is a better way to make these kinds of requests.

thank you for your help

MultiForce
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Upload something and request at the same time usually works...

Posting bla bla bla. REQ: bla bla bla..

Just to get you started :P

..:: c.R ::..
04-30-2007, 09:03 AM
No, you don't need to share right off the bat for communities like that. They share regardless a vast majority of the time. Those posters are hard-core sharers and they love the title-reputation w/ one another when it comes to racking up points for their internal pissing-contests.

If you don't get a post, then it's because no one actually had the file. The scene release might be more enclosed and those posters don't have access to that community.

i wish you luck.

polecatNJ
05-02-2007, 07:05 PM
thanks for answering. I guess I assumed that because I saw the filename during a search, that it would exist somewhere.

I very new...so maybe I should try to see if someone on the irc channel can tell me if I'm wasting my time....maybe the show isn't out there to be downloaded anymore?

groggy
05-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Just req it at #alt.binaries.multimedia and #alt.binaries.tvseries and it will probably get filled. Just make sure that you have the correct filecount.

Toge
05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Just req it at #alt.binaries.multimedia and #alt.binaries.tvseries and it will probably get filled. Just make sure that you have the correct filecount.

file count?