PDA

View Full Version : 0 Post Leechers

zapjb
06-05-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm sick & tired of these takers. There's like way over 10,000 members on this board without even 1 fn post. Members with 1 post or more deserve priority over those 10,000+ with none. When the servers getting slammed we deserve priority. Those with 0 post count are just leechers. :angry:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-05-2003, 05:38 PM
;) I agree the Member count needs to be cleaned up.....but VB does this every 90 days for People who do not Post.

And what are they leeching anyways? :huh:

N£MO
06-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Maybe it is time for the powers that be to clean up the members list a bit.And maybe remove the members who don't post that often.

Benno
06-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@5 June 2003 - 19:38
;) I agree the Member count needs to be cleaned up.....but VB does this every 90 days for People who do not Post.

And what are they leeching anyways? :huh:
Verifieds and most importantly bandwidth from the server.

Somebody1234
06-05-2003, 06:12 PM
And what are they leeching anyways?
They are more like lurkers. They join just so they can read the areas that guests can't see.

I agree that users with 0 posts that have not posted in the last 2 months should be removed from the members list.

random coconut
06-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Some of 'em might only post in the lounge so they'll never get more than one counted post.

Wizzandabe
06-05-2003, 06:26 PM
i agree,,,,, :rolleyes:

Curley
06-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Maybe members should have at least 50 posts before they can see the verifeds?

Edit: On second thoughts, that would promote spamming :rolleyes:

zapjb
06-05-2003, 08:25 PM
I don't know if this is feasible or not. How about when the servers getting slammed. When nobody can get to the forums. It trips a switch or something. Then only members with 1 post or more can get in. If at least 10,000/25,000 members have 0 zero posts. Then theroretically this cuts down server traffic by at least 40%. Yes I'd like to see this implemented. Or some fairer variation.

toddiscool
06-18-2003, 05:46 AM
God forbid that some people actually come on the forum, read the post that relates th their question and slove it on their own. Alot of people do not know enough to add to a conversation, but can take things from it. I say if there needs to be a crack down it should be onthe ten threads of "help me i can't install vice city" or whatever it is.

The 150 or so that post alot are the people that 1. know alot and 2. Have the time to post. (probably more thatn 150, but you get me.)

People should not be punished for finding stuff out on their own. If we make so that people are expected to post instead of look, we will have a microsoft forum, 1000's of users asking the same damn question.

there is a member on this board who often links stupid, easy questions too google, that is my favorite member of you all.

Edit - add to thought

Ad
06-18-2003, 05:53 AM
whoc ares makes no difference

they post once there safe

vb deletes their acount they start a new one who cares???? :blink:

chalice
06-18-2003, 06:06 AM
This has been happening a lot lately in a lot of forums.
It seems to be the trend to restrict members who don't post much.
I am more active on this board than I am anywhere else but I have never once taken advantage of the verifieds. The reason for this is that most of the verifieds can be obtained quicker through the torrent sites. I have posted hashes and everyone is welcome to them. They cost me nothing, why should I fret?
In another forum, which shall remain nameless, I have found myself restricted from a lot of goodies that I hitherto took for granted.
The fact is that I didn't post on those boards because the pseudo-ettiquette enforced by members and mods made conversation uneasy. Communication seemed to be limited to gratitude and derision. Anything that I might have posted would have been already comprehensively covered by those more qualified than I. I'm sick of the snobbishness and elitism that pervades everything these days. These forums, at their genesis, promise big things and then become little cliques who hunt in packs and thumb their collective nose to the rest of the net. Isn't a forum with 10,000 members an active thriving one regardless of the percentage of people who actually post? And even if those 10,000 inactive members were to suddenly begin posting, wouldn't it just overload the board and cause more confusion (not to mention spam)?

neil1967
06-18-2003, 12:22 PM
I've been reading a lot of elitest crap,(zapjb) zero posters not helping anyone, like to know how a 3 word story helps anyone, it's not even funny,but it's a post.
hardly anyone gets it you said(talking about zero posts) but in your next post you
added yet another restriction to your wish list. I think it's you who doesnt get it, or
maybe just not that often. I must have missed the meeting when you were elected chief board nazi. I only wish this was my first post, as i'm sure that would wind you up greatly. You are indeed a senior Member. and a five star sad case, with over
1000 posts to your name. can't say i've read them all but i'm certain they were not all helpfull. Who do you think you are?
Get a life roll of honour. Dark blizard,Jayhawk,adthomp,nemo,somebody1234,named and shamed.

Respect,to the logical and the reasonable. bro doobie,side swiped,schuelady1960,
jibbler,echidna,smellycat,rat faced,todiscool,chalice.

and........relax.

crazy_billy_bats
06-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by neil1967@18 June 2003 - 12:22

Respect,to the logical and the reasonable. bro doobie,side swiped,schuelady1960,
jibbler,echidna,smellycat,rat faced,todiscool,chalice.
im not logical and reasonable? :(

welcome anyway neil1967, u seem like a nice enough fella, i hate that b*llshit about new members not helping as well. anyone can help here IMO.

the more the merrier, the larger the community the better.
see ya around mate,
:D Bill :D

NotoriousBIC
06-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by neil1967@18 June 2003 - 14:22
I've been reading a lot of elitest crap,(zapjb) zero posters not helping anyone, like to know how a 3 word story helps anyone, it's not even funny,but it's a post.
Actually that is a non-argument as posts in the lounge don't count.

I've been a zero-post lurker myself for a month or so and naturally I have to stick up for those guys.

I propose a compromise:
Prune all zero-post, inactive for 3 months members.
I repeat: Zero posts and have been zero posts for 3 months!

Seems reasonable to me and is common practice on a lot of boards.

zapjb
06-18-2003, 05:15 PM
There's like way over 10,000 members on this board without even 1 post. Members with 1 post or more deserve priority over those 10,000+ with none. When the servers getting slammed we deserve priority. Those with 0 post count are not helping anyone. I think members with 1 post or more should be able to get in first. At least 10,000/25,000 members have 0 zero posts. Theroretically this cuts down server traffic by at least 40%. Yes I'd like to see this implemented. It won't, VB says. That's just my opinion. And I wish everyone good health.