PDA

View Full Version : The Continuing Story of Full Stops Commas and Colons (Which are Crap)

thewizeard
04-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I hate them, particularly full-stops , killer of all known sentences ; which is why we should use them sparingly. Colons :dry: are also really, really disgusting, more about these undesirables later. Commas can be fun and semi-colons too as you don't use a capital after usage. It's Colons and fullstops that are really crap. Try to avoid them at all costs. This way knowing you have done your best to save a few badly written sentences.

Barbarossa
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I hate them, particularly full-stops , killer of all known sentences ; which is why we should use them sparingly. Colons :dry: are also really, really disgusting, more about these undesirables later. Commas can be fun and semi-colons too as you don't use a capital after usage. It's Colon's and fullstops that are really crap. Try to avoid them at all costs. This way knowing you have done your best to save a few badly written sentences.

You should probably pay more attention to apostrophes :whistling

Snee
04-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Yes, that's the first thing he should fix. There's nothing more important.

thewizeard
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't need to; I knew you would notice it Barbarossa (also it was fun while you were away) ..anyway I find it too similar in outward appearances to plutocracy , which should be avoided at all costs, right?

Also, I am not allowed to use them yet, as I am still on Blah blah blah mode. ( see how similar these two totally different words are; apologies<->apostrophes)

thewizeard
04-30-2007, 04:14 PM
actually you are wrong.

and anyways, you would be calling me a religious freak next, if I had used an apocalypse.

MaxOverlord
05-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Poetic License Mr Wizard?

thewizeard
05-01-2007, 04:29 AM
Poetic License Mr Wizard?

Even that I had to return to Barbarossa, saying, for a fool one, I really knead more dough and should start all over again..

He gave me back my L plates. :(

MaxOverlord
05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe you should consider WizWeird instead.

thewizeard
05-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe you should consider WizWeird instead.

:noes:

No... bad idea; reason being... because it encompasses the notion of duality and in this time of The Absolute Truth, http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-the-truth-173095 we could do with less of that!

Anyway this thread is dedicated to a friend of mine, and he has yet to post in it, ..or he has me now on ignore too, which I very much doubt. The reason is I pay his wages, Royaly.

Enjoy yourself while you still can as I have only paused with the thread, The Truth, to give you all time to get used to the first, and the coming greater shocks..they will be increasing in intensity and tempo very soon. :ermm:

thewizeard
05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I hate them, particularly full-stops , killer of all known sentences ; which is why we should use them sparingly. Colons :dry: are also really, really disgusting, more about these undesirables later. Commas can be fun and semi-colons too as you don't use a capital after usage. It's Colon's and fullstops that are really crap. Try to avoid them at all costs. This way knowing you have done your best to save a few badly written sentences.

True and you should pay attention to apocalypse. I am listening now.

RealitY
05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
These threads really freak me out...

brotherdoobie
05-03-2007, 08:31 AM

True and you should pay attention to apocalypse. I am listening now.

That made me laugh...hard!

-bd

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
These threads really freak me out...

There is a way out. all you need to do is .... guess ( apart from banning me right..) :)