PDA

View Full Version : Which sites have hit&run?

PlayMaker
05-01-2007, 02:40 PM
can you list all of them? for example czone has or not?

ExT
05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I think all of them have:S if you don't seed 1:1 or X hours you get warned..

desiKing
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Hit and Run not ALLOWED on ALL Private trackers? unless you want us to list all the public trackers?

PlayMaker
05-01-2007, 02:55 PM
ok,then which site has x hours seed?
for example ft* 72,f*c 48..

Cmon
05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I only know OiNK that allow hit & run, other than that, it's forbidden

SHUVT
05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
just read the faqs page on the trackers...

roccofor
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
scc,pisexy have hit&run system
if you warn 10 times on scc you will be ban.

darkseekers
05-01-2007, 07:38 PM
how about hdbits.?

Galva
05-01-2007, 07:49 PM

TL only monitors overall ratio as well I believe, hence why I love it for my home connection that can't upload for crap.

fable
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Hit and Run not ALLOWED on ALL Private trackers? unless you want us to list all the public trackers?

then why people care about buffered accounts more ?

DVito
05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
buffered accounts aren't for hitting and running, they're so you can download stuff and leave it seeding, because even seeding at 2kbs is still seeding.

Night0wl
05-02-2007, 01:27 AM

TL only monitors overall ratio as well I believe, hence why I love it for my home connection that can't upload for crap.

OiNK is the only site and I like that rule there, because that allows you to help people out that have low ratio and need as much upload as they can possibly get.

TL doesn't count Hit and Run in hours seeding, it's more like if there are relatively few people seeding and you finish downloading a torrent, then you are not allowed to hit and run. If there are enough seeds and ratio is fine then I believe they do not care. Although it's not very nice to jump on a popular download and just stop right after getting the whole thing.

mbucari1
05-02-2007, 07:05 AM
i have hit and run on every tracker that's I've been a member of at one time or another w/o a single warning/ban. (including oink and sct)

ven0m
05-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Just seed mate, give back what you have gotten SIMPLE. There is no need to do it any other way! Its what the whole P2P system relies on, so give back what ya get, ya hear!

bluelion
05-02-2007, 09:56 AM
how about hdbits.?
hdbits doesnt have h&r

Sentient
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
It seems easier to list the trackers I know of that don't give hit&run warnings:

ScT
Bitmetv
TBy
ST (very lax from what I recall)

Melvinmeow
05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
I dont really see the reason why ANYONE should really have to hit and run. I mean technically even if your sending 2k outgoing for 7 days then it adds up.

Some people are retarded and say "oh my internet connection sucks so I cant seed" thats a total load of bull. It might take you longer to seed files but its still very possible to keep a good ratio and avoid hit and run warnings.

Cmon
05-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Seeding makes your computer a bit slow, specially when using crappy computer like me :( (I know, just need to buy a better computer/ram) I even need to set priority above normal/high so my utorrent can seed properly, but I have no problem though about hit & run so far

Also I heard somewhere about "why seed it? I remove it after I download the file!" although this attitude won't work on private tracker :lol:

mbucari1
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
here's my philosophy. I seed on torrents that are struggling and need the speed. If download a slow torrent, you can bet I'll seed it as much as possible and get a good ratio cuz of it. On the other hand, if I download a torrent that's super fast (like a lot on oink w/ dozens of seeders and I'm the only leech), it doesn't need another uploader and I won't even try. In that case, I will just stop it immediately. But I won't suffer a bad ratio because I have uploaded greater than 1:1 on many others.

Sentient
05-03-2007, 05:21 AM
I dont really see the reason why ANYONE should really have to hit and run. I mean technically even if your sending 2k outgoing for 7 days then it adds up.

Some people are retarded and say "oh my internet connection sucks so I cant seed" thats a total load of bull. It might take you longer to seed files but its still very possible to keep a good ratio and avoid hit and run warnings.

Sometimes I only have my laptop on the road and I have limited space and/or bandwidth. Other times I want to reserve bandwidth for other things (I mean I could up at 2kbps I guess, but practically speaking that's a hit and run anyway, even if the scripts can't detect it). Or the power could go out, hdd could crash, I could accidently delete the wrong torrent.

At the end of the day, all other things being equal, why wouldn't I prefer a site that doesn't mind hit and runs? It's just one less thing to worry about. And ironically, it's usually the better trackers that have excellent speeds and retention anyway that don't have such petty worries.

WHRST
05-03-2007, 07:15 AM
I know FL does not have a hit&run system

TaLeNDiL
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
you guys are wrong, most of trackers are not have hit & run system.. i know only ftn and fsc has it. i always delete torrents from client as soon as they finish, if they are so many seeders and my ratio is ok. and i never banned for that :)

sert
05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I think TaLeNDiL is correct.

Most trackers rely on overall ratio and not on specific torrents' ratio, therefore buffered accs, especially @ oink, FL, FMP3 etc are essential

bblogs
05-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Demonoid definitely has strict hit+run rules

Melvinmeow
05-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Your correct TaLeNDiL most sites dont check hit and runs.

I think its great when they dont. Cause TBH there would technically be at least 1 HNR on every single file on every site. The last person to download the file can never be expected to seed it 1:1

I only voiced my opinions in the last page.
Doesnt mean thats what I do on my site or dont do on my site ;)

sert
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The last person to download the file can never be expected to seed it 1:1

Thats why the rule is 1:1 or 72 hours

Sentient
05-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Hm, looking around, you guys are right; not a lot of sites have hit and run rules. It just happens that two or three of the sites I use on a regular basis: FTN, FSC, and CT do.