PDA

View Full Version : wwe

boredesiboy
05-02-2007, 11:15 PM
i guess u can consider wrestling a sport, so who watches it?:lol:

Mike Nelson
05-04-2007, 12:53 AM
I do. Though it is pretty dire at the moment, the only wrestlers who interest me are CM Punk and Kennedy.

Busyman™
05-04-2007, 01:09 AM
i guess u can consider wrestling a sport, so who watches it?:lol:

It's not a sport whatsoever. The action is mostly choreographed, the outcomes are rigged, and no competition is involved.

I use to watch it faithfully back in the 80's and went to many matches. I do see how it is highly entertaining to many people.

I just don't have time to watch it in the pecking order of all the great shows that come on TV (plus NFL football, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, etc.)

BawA
05-04-2007, 03:12 AM
i agree with BM, its no fun at all these days, i guess back in the days we didn't knew it was all drama so we didn't knew what will be outcome of a match but these days everything is so repeated that before match is even announced a adult can figure out whom between a match will be and what will happen during it and who will finally win.
i still download them but from open tracker to avoid ruing my ratio on private trackers, but i finish out the 1 hr show in only 10 min, i skip through the entire show, as i said their so repeated stuff.
i guess not having a competition among wrestling bushiness is causing all of this. back in WCW days there was lots creativity, and "superstars" these don't have that charisma which previous people had.

S!X
05-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I used to watch it back in the day. Now a days it's just utter stupidity.

Mr JP Fugley
05-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Now a days it's just utter stupidity.

Yeah, you're too sophisticated for wrastlin'.

Funnyguy
05-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I watch it, and yer it isnt as good as it was in the attitude era (1997-2001)

Nowadays its stale and its so predictable...

Friendly Fire
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
It's not a sport whatsoever. The action is mostly choreographed, the outcomes are rigged, and no competition is involved.

I use to watch it faithfully back in the 80's and went to many matches. I do see how it is highly entertaining to many people.

I used to watch it also, back in the very early 90's. It has a certain attractiveness when you're younger (and even not so young ) but wears out with time. After a short while it looses the appeal. No competition, no uncertainty, just another tv show. It definitely is not a sport.

Cheese
05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Still, despite it's "non-sport" status, it is my favourite American sport. By a long mile. Go figure.

DefX
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I have no interest in watching wwe for reasons already mentioned above but the wwe reality show "tough enough" about amateur wrestlers trying to get in the industry did intrigue me a lot. Too bad they didn't continue on for a few more seasons.

killer04
05-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I also like watching wrestling and i consider it as my favourite sport. Too bad now its becoming a bit boring. I miss the wwf era.

DV8type
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Personally, i like the athlete, i was a big fan back when the nWo ruled the world....but it became 2 much of a soap opera >> Although recently i saw a little bit of TNA wrestling and it was pretty sick....but im already addicted to MMA, dont have time for much else :)

import_fighter
05-11-2007, 03:39 AM
i used to watch more than i do now.

kuzzel540
05-14-2007, 02:53 AM
wwe doesn't do much for me now. Independent wrestling is where it's at. Ring of Honor is what I follow. It's all about the wrestling and less about the storylines.

r9batista
05-21-2007, 07:57 AM
I watch wrestling before frequently but now only TNA, WWE is nothing like before

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I wonder is their anyone over 30 years-old that watches WWE or any of the other fake wrestling programs.

Cheese
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Me. In 5 months time.

I post (lurk really) on a wrestling forum with a similar amount of traffic to here and there are a fair few people in my age group there. Most of us either got hooked as kids or in our early twenties by the Attitude era.

JP likes the wrestling and he's like 80 or something.

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Me. In 5 months time.

I post (lurk really) on a wrestling forum with a similar amount of traffic to here and there are a fair few people in my age group there. Most of us either got hooked as kids or in our early twenties by the Attitude era.

JP likes the wrestling and he's like 80 or something.

Interesting, although I think GayPaul loikes wraslin' cuz he getz to see the menz in their tightz. The old fart getz hiz jolliez while Mrs. GayPaul is awf breadwinning.

Yasean
05-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I do watch every week's Raw and Smackdown and even TNA, I never missed it...
Randy Orton is the best wrestler..Cena sux big time

Wizard Scuff
05-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Mrs JP doesn't "breadwin", chav.

She's independently wealthy.

Rebelatheart
05-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Use to watch regularly up until WCW went down. WWE is now too much entertainment and not enough wrestling. I can go weeks w/out watching and not care. When i get back to watching its like i didnt miss anything. Thats how bad the storylines and how is in general. Same crap every week. Not propelled to watch now like i was.

Cheese
06-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Same crap every week. Not propelled to watch now like i was.
Indeed. It's gotten so bad that I don't bother to watch it anymore. I read the spoilers and if it sounds like it was a good episode then I might be bothered to download it. They need to stop pushing Cena like he is Hulk Hogan (always overcoming the odds).

Hopefully the upcoming draft will shake things up for the better. CM Punk moving to Raw would be very nice.

Busyman™
06-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Same crap every week. Not propelled to watch now like i was.
Indeed. It's gotten so bad that I don't bother to watch it anymore. I read the spoilers and if it sounds like it was a good episode then I might be bothered to download it. They need to stop pushing Cena like he is Hulk Hogan (always overcoming the odds).

Hopefully the upcoming draft will shake things up for the better. CM Punk moving to Raw would be very nice.

There's a draft?:blink:

:glag:

Formula1
06-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah "professional" wrestling is very predictable. The same wrestlers hold the title belt for like 5 months and when you look closely you can see that wrestlers let other do moves on them.. like when booker t is about to do a scissor kick on another opponent..

IMakeYouTap
06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Randy orton isnt the best wrestler, you crazy or something?

WWE is going down now, too many cena fans and not enough fans of shelton
TNA is going down now, too much talent to showcase on a one hour show

Busyman™
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Randy orton isnt the best wrestler, you crazy or something?

WWE is going down now, too many cena fans and not enough fans of shelton
TNA is going down now, too much talent to showcase on a one hour show

What, choreography talent?:blink:

HMthePM
06-02-2007, 06:31 PM
They are just a bunch of stupid actors on steroids. Who cares. Just like watch the the woman wrestling

zbig
08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I like WWE :] It's very funny show :D
and THE HARDY BOYZ RULEZ !

munaaf
08-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Yea corse wrestling is great! i understand with all the other people with the whole predictable, used to be better stuff and the whole rigged fixed stuff, but still it is entertaining with good storylines and most of the time its worth watching!

ByteBitten
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I used to watch it but after awhile, it gets old. Some of the storyline was awesome but it was the boring matches at the beginning of each show that kinda drew me out.