PDA

View Full Version : The reputation button

LubTheStaringCat
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I click on the add reputation button most of the time It won't work.

I don't want to cause a fuss but is anyone else got this problem

mestari
05-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I haven't noticed any problems with it :ermm:

Skiz
05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I click on the add reputation button most of the time It won't work.

I don't want to cause a fuss but is anyone else got this problem

What does the error message say?

LubTheStaringCat
05-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

There is no error message, when I try to press the button there in no response.

Skiz
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

There is no error message, when I try to press the button there in no response.

Who are you trying to give rep to?

LubTheStaringCat
05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
I was trying to give a rep to popeye09, but It did work eventually.
As said the button wouldn't work, I left clicked and opened it in a new window.
You don't usually have to do It that way.

I just wanted to mention It in case anyone else had the same problem.

tesco
05-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Maybe you have javascript disabled, or need to clear your cache because the javascript is corrupt or something...

optimus_prime
05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
also depends on browser, i'm pretty sure it's broken in opera.

Barbarossa
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
It works fine for me in Opera :unsure:

Melvinmeow
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe they werent using a up to date version of opera as well.
Sometimes certain site features will only work in certain browsers and even certain versions of those browsers.

For instance theres certain java functions that will work in IE7 but wont work in IE6. Stuff will load fine in Firefox but not in IE. Just a couple of examples.

Barbarossa
05-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Sometimes certain site features will only work in certain browsers and even certain versions of those browsers.

For instance theres certain java functions that will work in IE7 but wont work in IE6. Stuff will load fine in Firefox but not in IE. Just a couple of examples.

Tell me about it. Every time I design a new page I have to test it in IE6, IE7, Firefox, opera and netscape (well, not so much netscape any more).

It does my head right in :frusty:

Snee
05-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Tell me about it. Every time I design a new page I have to test it in IE6, IE7, Firefox, opera and netscape (well, not so much netscape any more).

It does my head right in :frusty:

I only try stuff in IE 6, Firefox and Opera, normally.

If something doesn't work I make sure they get a message saying they should get a better browser, the cawks. That'll teach them, I say.

tesco
05-09-2007, 09:00 PM
vBulletin should work with all modern browsers, except for the odd bug here or there (such as the blinking cursor being missing in firefox 2.0 in the WYSIWYG editor).
Anything major has a workaround.

The javascript stuff that I coded, on the other hand, all definitely works in Firefox and IE7, but I don't regularly test with Opera or anything else.
I never get any complaints so :idunno:

optimus_prime
05-14-2007, 12:05 AM
ok, sorry to revive this, but i forgot about this thread and barbarossa made interesting comment :D

i tested reputation button on opera 9.20 sun jre1.6 with java and java-script turned on with ad-block disabled and without firewall.

@barbarossa: can you tell me what version of opera you are using?
@everyone else: if there's more opera users i would like to hear their experience :)

Barbarossa
05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Version information
Version 7.54u2
Build 3929
Platform Win32
System Windows XP

Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5
VoiceXML Plugin not available

Quite an old one :smilie4: