PDA

View Full Version : BitmeTV, banned?

Nighthunter
05-09-2007, 03:12 PM
This happened a while ago but I want to ask this anyway :).

One day I just couldn't login to my BitmeTV account and it seams that I got banned from the site? I have no idea of what could have happened I mean, I didn't do anything wrong and I took care of the account :(.

Can someone help me or give me some tips cause I really want to get in there again.

Is it possible to talk to the staff on the IRC and sort it out ? :(.

ttgd
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
irc://irc.bitmetv.org/bitmetv

mikechrobot
05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
what did it show when u tried to log in? if it was this account has been disabled you were banned, if it says username or password incorrect means it was deleted, inactvity maybe

Nighthunter
05-09-2007, 03:47 PM
what did it show when u tried to log in? if it was this account has been disabled you were banned, if it says username or password incorrect means it was deleted, inactvity maybe

403 Forbidden

Unauthorized.

(that's what came up when I clicked www.bitmetv.org (http://www.bitmetv.org))

:(.

How could I get banned for doing nothing :(?

Can I reason with the staff u think?

ttgd
05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
i wouldnt think so but could try did you invite a cheater or cheat etc?

Nighthunter
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
i wouldnt think so but could try did you invite a cheater or cheat etc?

I gave the account to a friend who promised to take care of it for a while and then I got it back and I couln't even access the frontpage. :(.

And I didn't invite anyone or cheat etc.. :(.

r77
05-09-2007, 03:57 PM
ur friend may be cheated

Nighthunter
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
ur friend may be cheated

So I'm punished even when it wasn't used by my ip ?

r77
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
ur friend may be cheated

its possible...sure.but my advice is go to bitmetv support channel

the_e_male
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
It's your account - you are responsible. Giving your account to someone else is also against their rules.

mikechrobot
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
yeah, the friend used your account doesn't matter it was another ip, as to not being able to access the front page, either your cookies are telling them who you logged in as last time and that why or they store your ips, it should stop in a while

Nighthunter
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
its possible...sure.but my advice is go to bitmetv support channel

Ok I'll do that and hopefully it will get all sorted out :).

thx for the help guys :).

phrenzy
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
It's your account - you are responsible. Giving your account to someone else is also against their rules.

So true..Thats prolly the reason there.

Nighthunter
05-09-2007, 07:32 PM

Ok. Well I can accept that.

I mostly wondered what caused the ban :) so I can yell at my friend.

the-big-gamer
05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont think you got banned when i got ban form any site it tell me that
this account has been disabled

deuce6000
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Why shouldn't you get punished for letting a idiot use your account?Live and learn i guess.

znik
05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
403 error means you have fallen in an IP range block.
Your account has definetely not been banned.

All you have to do is restart your router untill it gets another IP out of their IP range block.

I could check your alias if you wish, to tell you if it's banned but I am sure it is not.
I am sure you live either in Israel or in Egypt.

Nighthunter
05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
403 error means you have fallen in an IP range block.
Your account has definetely not been banned.

All you have to do is restart your router untill it gets another IP out of their IP range block.

I could check your alias if you wish, to tell you if it's banned but I am sure it is not.
I am sure you live either in Israel or in Egypt.

I'm from scandinavia so it's weird but I'm gonna try getting a new ip.

I've never talked to the staff there but they seem a bit agressive?

Why shouldn't you get punished for letting a idiot use your account?Live and learn i guess.

Well I was promised that he would take care of it but now days that promise means nothing I gues.

Mugur
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
It is possible that a whole class of IPs to be banned, for example all the IPs from your ISP in your town.

ven0m
05-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Usually an IP ban is when a user is banned for cheating.

Giving your account for someone else to use is against the rules on lots of sites.

When accounts are disabled they can be for minor offences/inactivity. But this does not restrict you from signing up again.

But an IP ban is done in severe cases where they do NOT want you to sign up again.

I have banned IPs for cheating, abusing etc. prevents them from coming back, unless they get a new IP that is!

znik
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Αs I 've said 403 means IP range ban and not that they have banned your own account.

Another user in your region cheated before and they banned some IP range in order to prevent him from coming back.

Unforunately that affects you as well even if you haven't done anything illegal with your own account.

If you manage to get a new IP out of the IP range block you will be able to access your account again.

It happens to me a lot of times at the bitspyder tracker, where they have banned half of the IPs of the world...

RogerRabbit
05-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Jeeze - is it that hard to join their irc channel and just ask?

1mane
05-11-2007, 06:58 AM

):):):):):)

nickw1988
05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
let me know what happens im interested :P

Nighthunter
05-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Hahah ok sounds like the staff are ex-KGB :).
FFS why IP range ban :P... Sounds like a lot of trouble to get in but I've been doing some seeding this week but I'll try the coming week to get me a new ip :).

And enough about the responsibility posts ok :D.