PDA

View Full Version : Direct X 9 bollocks

Creeping Death
05-12-2007, 12:48 PM
How is it that I have to go out and buy myself a new outrageously expensive graphics card if I want to play most new games.

Ok, so I've only got a Geforce 2 Ultra, it's just frustrating because my ATI Radeon 9700(I think it was) screwed up completely, beyond repair apparently.

Any way to get Direct X 9 or do I really have buy a new gfx card if I ever want to play another newly released pc game

Money-grabbing computer industry eh

Appzalien
05-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I assume your running off an agp or possibly pci slot. Your problem is not going to be a new card but a new motherboard. You can buy the most expensive card that will fit your motherboard and it will still be obsolete within a few years unless you also switch your motherboard to pci express.

Broken
05-12-2007, 06:24 PM
By the time DX10 goes into full swing, whatever graphics card you buy today will be obsolete and too under powered to play the games of tomorrow.

DX9 games and card are the standard for the near future.

My Radeon 1950pro (agp) manages good performance on any current generation game with maximum graphic settings and probably will for the near future. You don't always have to buy the latest and greatest unless you have money to burn.

Virtualbody1234
05-12-2007, 07:08 PM
How is it that I have to go out and buy myself a new outrageously expensive graphics card if I want to play most new games.

Ok, so I've only got a Geforce 2 Ultra, it's just frustrating because my ATI Radeon 9700(I think it was) screwed up completely, beyond repair apparently.

Any way to get Direct X 9 or do I really have buy a new gfx card if I ever want to play another newly released pc game

Yes but you're in the dark ages there.

Creeping Death
05-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Yes but you're in the dark ages there.

heh sorry, did I not mention that I'm fully aware of that... I meant to.

Creeping Death
05-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Right, I'm gonna go and buy myself a new GFX card I'm sick of all of this incompatibility... Any recommendations?

Seedler
05-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Geforce 4 MX should be a big step-up for ya;)

Virtualbody1234
05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
What are your system specs?

Budget?