PDA

View Full Version : Got scammed out of an SCT invite.

mbucari1
05-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey, I just got scammed out of an invite on p2pt.queroumforum.com. I really want to get that asshole banned, to the point of telling the staff that he got the account by trading. So I was wondering, if I do this what will happen to my other invites and and the person who invited me? Will they be banned as well?

TYPE R
05-12-2007, 04:52 PM
pm sent

mbucari1
05-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Is anyone here close with a mod/admin of sct who could help out?

V
05-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry bro for ur lost
and I think so.. everyone will get banned

mikechrobot
05-12-2007, 05:00 PM
yeah, these scammers are more and more annoying, i got scammed out of an oink account today

mbucari1
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry bro for ur lost
and I think so.. everyone will get banned
Damn it! I went them to go, but I'm not about to get the guy who invited me and my other invitees banned.

yeah, these scammers are more and more annoying, i got scammed out of an oink account today
Sorry about that. Was it on FST or another site?

PiraSoftCORP
05-12-2007, 05:02 PM
trading invites is not how you get to the top of the torrent pyramid. It is by getting to know people in torrent forums and making connections and you will realize how invites will be arriving to your mailbox freely without anything in return.

mikechrobot
05-12-2007, 05:03 PM
yeah, that's why when u trade good accs and invites it's good to have a middleman

mbucari1
05-12-2007, 05:04 PM
trading invites is not how you get to the top of the torrent pyramid. It is by getting to know people in torrent forums and making connections and you will realize how invites will be arriving to your mailbox freely without anything in return.Then I guess we should completely eradicate the invites section? Nah man, sometimes you need to trade too. Plus it's fun, like trading cards. But not when there's some wine bitch who grabs your cards and runs away.

BLaZiN
05-12-2007, 05:04 PM
All scammers should be tortured with a hot poker, and balls cut of and fried for breakfast!!

mikechrobot
05-12-2007, 05:08 PM
All scammers should be tortured with a hot poker, and balls cut of and fried for breakfast!!

So agreeing with you!!!

Sorry about that. Was it on FST or another site?[/quote]

yes it was on FST

trading invites is not how you get to the top of the torrent pyramid. It is by getting to know people in torrent forums and making connections and you will realize how invites will be arriving to your mailbox freely without anything in return.

This is partly true because i got invite to PT and SCN from friends, and i'm waiting on an FTN account from another friend, you just have to know the right people and invites will come, but trading is neccesary in some cases

Friendly Fire
05-12-2007, 06:46 PM

That's close to the truth. From my personal experience, all my best trackers were from friends invites. There's a way bigger sense of reward from giving and sharing than from trading.

Trading was interesting for a short while but i quickly realised that's not the way it should be. Only leads to aggravation and no satisfaction. At least for me. I'm sure a lot a people get a kick out of it.

BamZow
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Feel with you m8. That sucks

mbucari1
05-12-2007, 09:20 PM
What's really pissing me off is that not every time I go to my profile, I see those 2 assholes there. It's like their constantly mocking me. I just hope they can't keep their ratios and end up getting the boot.

sperm
05-12-2007, 10:34 PM
What's really pissing me off is that not every time I go to my profile, I see those 2 assholes there. It's like their constantly mocking me. I just hope they can't keep their ratios and end up getting the boot.
:lol: i feel for you

ibnahmed
05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
yeah, i would think they will ban everyone up and down
u should have gone to a middleman. anyway good luck

XeroToX
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM

who dont u tell SCT mods that u invited a cheater by mistake? tell them that he is afriend of yours but u realized that hes cheating in other trackers, and that your the one that is responsable for ur invitees and u want him to get banned and you dont want to get awarning/ban becuz of him
im pretty sure they will ban him immediatly...

L3ST
05-12-2007, 10:40 PM
I would advise you not to talk to any admin/mod/sysop because you were trading and you'll get banned. The only thing you can do is advise other people in this/other forum/s not to trade with that guy. Maybe catch him in offside at another trade and tell the staff from that site that he got the account by trading.

d3adb3at
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
it sucks but u know the risks

SpiderPig
05-12-2007, 11:15 PM
That's why you don't trade... :P

Sucks for you man, just be careful in the future and use a middleman.

mbucari1
05-12-2007, 11:57 PM

who dont u tell SCT mods that u invited a cheater by mistake? tell them that hes afriend of yours but u realized that hes cheating

im pretty sure they will ban him immediatly...
I also have that in my mind as a possibility, but his ratio isn't good enough for that to be plausible.

That's why you don't trade... :P

Sucks for you man, just be careful in the future and use a middleman.
So, did you just learn this? I see that you have been part of a trade at least 12 times.

DVito
05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Sorry dude, it must feel awful to be scammed. Hope you get it taken care of.

mbucari1
05-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Sorry dude, it must feel awful to be scammed. Hope you get it taken care of.
Appreciate that, but it looks like I will have to accept that they have gotten away with it. I can't goto the mods because Everyone I've invited as well as the person who invited me will be banned. It's just sickening that these people have no shame. look at the message one sent me
if I get banned form Sct, so will you for inviting me so too bad. I guess it serves me right for straying away from FST:cry:. I will never leave home again:happy:.

znik
05-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I am really sorry for you loss my friend. :cry:

You have been one of the most trustworthy, reliable and generous members I have met here.
I can't do anything about those scammers but I would do anything to make up for your loss. :(

link2009
05-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Damn mbucari...I'm really sorry, but it's not the end of the world...like African children dying of hunger. So let's just go on with our lives ;).

Memphy
05-13-2007, 12:38 AM
yes...trade only with middleman,because if you go first the other one when he sees the invite in his mailbox then he thinks that he would win more if he don`t send you the invite so this is such a bad thing...sorry for you and hope you learned you lesson

mbucari1
05-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Damn mbucari...I'm really sorry, but it's not the end of the world...like African children dying of hunger. So let's just go on with our lives ;).
Your absolutely right. This is not a tragedy, but it has really pissed me off. I think I'm over it now.

yes...trade only with middleman,because if you go first the other one when he sees the invite in his mailbox then he thinks that he would win more if he don`t send you the invite so this is such a bad thing...sorry for you and hope you learned you lesson
Thanks for the advice. I will use it in the future.

pwilly
05-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone, sorry but im a newbie and with little experience. I come across this great website and found so much helpful information, its brilliant so many people offer help. In regards to this post.... in simple terms for my protection in the future. How did you get scammed? were you meant to swap invites and you sent yours and he never sent his? Should i never trade to be safe but then how would i ever get an invite. Thanks for any advice guys.... sorry im new.

Xtremist
05-13-2007, 01:33 AM
I kind of got all my accts only through trading.But there have been ppl helping me occsionally.And yes the topmost USEFULL tracker is now comming t me for free.

Srry for ur loss bro.

SpiderPig
05-13-2007, 01:41 AM
So, did you just learn this? I see that you have been part of a trade at least 12 times.

What are you talking about, dude? I've never "traded". Rep Points were given to me by 1. random people seeing the generosity and kindness of another, 2. people who give a point for no reason, and 3. people who give another a reputation point as a thank-you for an invite/account given. Some people here even trades a Rep point for a Rep point, while begging for one. I don't like the system, either.

But seriously come on, now, dude.. You've been here long enough to know at least to use a Middleman when dealing with "High Level" trading.

I've always been against "trading", so, again, I have no idea what you are talking about.

mbucari1
05-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone, sorry but im a newbie and with little experience. I come across this great website and found so much helpful information, its brilliant so many people offer help. In regards to this post.... in simple terms for my protection in the future. How did you get scammed? were you meant to swap invites and you sent yours and he never sent his? Should i never trade to be safe but then how would i ever get an invite. Thanks for any advice guys.... sorry im new.
Don't NEVER trade, but be more cautious than I have been. When going into a trade, wear your cynics hat. Yes, I sent the invite and he never responded. Of course, this wasn't on FST, but it has and does happen here as well. Just be careful. I should have used a middleman and also should have requested proof that he had membership to that tracker. But This is not the end of the world. I still have my account. Although I'm peeved, I will still trade again. However, next time I will be a bit wiser and much more cautious.

Architect
05-13-2007, 01:46 AM
I had a good friend, she was a staff member on lots of good sites, we had a good internet based friendship and she would hook me up with invites left & right.... So I haven't really traded very many accounts. I actually prefer to get an invite than to trade accounts, I only have one traded account in my list...

I kinda know how you feel I got screwed trying to setup a group buy on a site and sent money to a fukin cocksucka that claimed to be purchasing the material... Anyway chalk it up as a loss and now you are MUCH WISER they can fool you once but NOT TWICE...

mbucari1
05-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I had a good friend, she was a staff member on lots of good sites, we had a good internet based friendship and she would hook me up with invites left & right.... So I haven't really traded very many accounts. I actually prefer to get an invite than to trade accounts, I only have one traded account in my list...

I kinda know how you feel I got screwed trying to setup a group buy on a site and sent money to a fukin cocksucka that claimed to be purchasing the material... Anyway chalk it up as a loss and now you are MUCH WISER they can fool you once but NOT TWICE...
Well, lets hope.

SpiderPig
05-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Don't NEVER trade

Let me rephrase that.. I'll give you some advice, pwilly. Don't EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I've never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I've only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace. :D

I started with only a BitSoup when my friend introduced me to BitTorrent, then I came across this site - in which a very generous member gave me a TL invite. I was pretty ecstatic. I just kept my honest self in this forum and contributed by posting helpful and useful stuff to new guys. Then I ended up with an OiNK invite by one of the greatest dudes here (Manker). So I became a PU+ at OiNK, and began giving out invites to cool and honest guys who deserved it. I thought I was set after receiving some more invites to other trackers, and gave away more invites/accounts in the process.

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya. :happy:

pwilly
05-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Ok i shall carefully trade, will do as you suggest and give any invites i come across, out to people that seem cool and honest. Thanks again for your help. Its a great website, i dont start any new posts as everytime i have a question, i search and find its been asked and answered. very helpful people around. :-)

mbucari1
05-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Don't NEVER trade

Let me rephrase that.. I'll give you some advice, pwilly. Don't EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I've never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I've only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace. :D

I started with only a BitSoup when my friend introduced me to BitTorrent, then I came across this site - in which a very generous member gave me a TL invite. I was pretty ecstatic. I just kept my honest self in this forum and contributed by posting helpful and useful stuff to new guys. Then I ended up with an OiNK invite by one of the greatest dudes here (Manker). So I became a PU+ at OiNK, and began giving out invites to cool and honest guys who deserved it. I thought I was set after receiving some more invites to other trackers, and gave away more invites/accounts in the process.

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya. :happy:
Well said. I really don't trade that often, but it is fun to try other trackers occasionally to see what's out there.

SpiderPig
05-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Ok i shall never trade, but will do as you suggest and give any invites i come across out to people that seem cool and honest. Thanks again for your help. Its a great website, i dont start any new posts as everytime i have a question, i search and find its been asked and answered. very helpful people around. :-)

:D Always glad to help, that's what it's all about, mate.

Btw, if you need a TL invite to get you started, just PM me your e-mail address.

ChotaZorro
05-13-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm sorry for that, mbucari. I guess next time if you're going to trade, let the other guy send the invite first if he's offering something not as good as you are. Anyways, hope you good luck in trading for the future.

crossfade
05-13-2007, 07:41 AM

what a wonderful story! :)

ChotaZorro
05-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Don't NEVER trade

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya. :happy:Good story, I myself have learned a lesson from it and wish that others might as well learn.

ven0m
05-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Sorry to hear about this mbucari1. It must be well pissing off and I agree that all scammers should be shot.

But I do agree with some of the views posted here. I REFUSE to trade invites/accounts and make such a big deal out of nothing, really. Trading invites takes away the "Sharing" aspect of "Filesharing." I have always given out my invites for free. Any time I have seen a user desperately needing an invite, I send them one and ask for nothing in return. You will be surprised HOW MANY of them then constantly ask me if there are any invites I need. I am not one of those "trophy collectors" who registers and never bothers to use their accounts. Therefore, when friends sometimes send me invites and I KNOW I'm not going to use it, I send it to whoever may make use of it. I have gotten invites to most of my accounts through people who I have helped out at one point and they want to help me and ask for nothing in return. I think if you stick to just giving away invites you will see how much more you get back in return.

Hope those scammers do end up getting banned cos they don't deserve it. But remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

:)

bytetorrent
05-13-2007, 08:32 AM

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya. :happy:Good story, I myself have learned a lesson from it and wish that others might as well learn.

why did u get disabled at sct ?? lol

Omaster
05-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Probably because he whined about him not being eligible for the 2 invites .;)

bytetorrent
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Probably because he whined about him not being eligible for the 2 invites .;)
lol .. that sucks ..:whistling

Saroman
05-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Happens dude :( we cant help it..

there are cheaters in every society

Sentient
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Don\\\\\\\'t NEVER trade

Let me rephrase that.. I\\\\\\\'ll give you some advice, pwilly. Don\\\\\\\'t EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I\\\\\\\'ve never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I\\\\\\\'ve only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/

Sure, if you\'re willing to wait a few months (or more), by all means this is the way to go. If you\'re impatient like me however, waiting that long can be rather tedious. I agree though, I don\'t really understand at all the motivation of people who trade for the sake of it. Especially considering some of the people one runs into when trading.

Detale
05-15-2007, 04:17 AM

With only 14 posts you got it down better than some guys with over 1000. Good job and absolutely correct Most of my top 5hit I got for free, Hell just yesterday someone got a friend who didn't even know me to give me SCT for free! It pays to do favors for people and help out as much as you can around here it will come back to you. Karma guys