PDA

View Full Version : Swedvdr logo.

mbucari1
05-14-2007, 05:59 AM
Haha, I just noticed this today. I guess they know who their competition is. Of course competition for WHAT I don't know. I don't think anything is at stake.
http://www.swedvdr.org/pic/swebits.jpg

hosam200
05-14-2007, 06:12 AM
yeah it's a funny logo they r throwing swebits to the trash haha

redMonster
05-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Yep, its quite hilarious. Swebits dumped. :D

BamZow
05-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Staff @ Swewdvdr & Swebits were good friends, when something went wrong. It happened from time to time that some of Swebits uploaders downloaded from Swedvdr and uploaded to Swebits.
This of course isnīt that wrong, but every serious tracker should at least have uploaders with their own axx.

But now this "war" is more on a friendly level, and the two trackers are operating together against cheaters and other bad persons. If you get caught cheating on Swebits, you will also get your account deleted from Swedvdr and vice versa. This also goes for Softmp3 as it is owned by the SysOP at Swedvdr.

mbucari1
05-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Staff @ Swewdvdr & Swebits were good friends, when something went wrong. It happened from time to time that some of Swebits uploaders downloaded from Swedvdr and uploaded to Swebits.
This of course isnīt that wrong, but every serious tracker should at least have uploaders with their own axx.

But now this "war" is more on a friendly level, and the two trackers are operating together against cheaters and other bad persons. If you get caught cheating on Swebits, you will also get your account deleted from Swedvdr and vice versa. This also goes for Softmp3 as it is owned by the SysOP at Swedvdr.
Very informative. So these guys make money off these trackers? I always thought it was kinda someone's sideline or hobby even. Do they do it for a living?

BamZow
05-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Very informative. So these guys make money off these trackers? I always thought it was kinda someone's sideline or hobby even. Do they do it for a living?

Iīm sorry if I wrote wierd and confusing, but I didnīt mention anything about money!? Where did you get that from? Of course they donīt have this as a living.

mbucari1
05-14-2007, 06:52 AM

Iīm sorry if I wrote wierd and confusing, but I didnīt mention anything about money!? Where did you get that from? Of course they donīt have this as a living.
You were very clear, I was just wondering if you knew all the info in your first post you might know the financial side as well. I was just curious.

Alien5
05-14-2007, 12:09 PM
yes trackers can make alot of money from advertising (banners) and from Donations for upload credit, custom title and VIP accounts.

ChotaZorro
05-14-2007, 12:43 PM
But they also have a lot of server maintenance and other costs isn't it?

Alien5
05-14-2007, 12:50 PM
depends on the size of the site, i think demonoid and bitsoup make a fair amount of profits.

BamZow
05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I think, as said above, that most money is made from ads. The donation money is just enough to cover the server costs.
Most people think that noone should make money on filesharing, but then we have some trackers that make a decent amount of money. I believe itīs pretty expensive to put a banner on like Torrentleech with 300k+ users.
But for more serious ones they skip the ad and ask politely for a couple of more donations when the server bill is due if it is needed.

mbucari1
05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Most people think that noone should make money on filesharingWell, I think that if the sysop is willing to devote their time to making and keeping-up the site, he/she should get paid.

ilya28071992
05-14-2007, 03:57 PM
A lot of pepole just hate ads on thier trackers so you can do even more money if you remove adds for donors....

quite sure i saw a table with how much money every tracker gets every month...