PDA

View Full Version : Torrentbytes is it worth it?

russ868me
05-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I have been trying to subscribe to torrentbytes..but can never get past the verification screen cannot for the life of me decipher the upper and lower cases on some letters,,seems too hard ..is it worth it?

Cheffy
05-15-2007, 07:16 AM
The first torrentbytes was the best torrenttracker for scene trackers.
Now... well not so much. Its still a good tracker, but not like the first one was. if you only interested in the torrents, then you can get them at just as fast download and probobly better pretimes at several other trackers.
Try SCC, it still have open signups, grate pretimes, and the tracker is still growing.
So my advise, dont waist your time hammering the site to find the right way to spell the word. Its simply impossible. (i know, 3 months ago was trying for a day to manage to signup for the tracker)

gtf0
05-15-2007, 07:55 AM
..is it worth it?

believe me, no

manofstyle
05-15-2007, 08:04 AM
No, it's not worth it. TL is better.

FACE_TO_FACE
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
The speed is great... but realy at the moment we all, yes ALL, have so many trackers, its dificult sometimes to select one. But i agree Tl is better and have more stuff.

menkää_vittuun
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Now... well not so much. Its still a good tracker, but not like the first one was. if you only interested in the torrents, then you can get them at just as fast download and probobly better pretimes at several other trackers.
Try SCC, it still have open signups, grate pretimes, and the tracker is still growing.
So my advise, dont waist your time hammering the site to find the right way to spell the word. Its simply impossible. (i know, 3 months ago was trying for a day to manage to signup for the tracker)
first torrentbytes? :blink:

And yes, torrentbits was a great place. Almost every tracker nowadays are based on torrentbits source which redbeard coded.

name
05-15-2007, 10:06 AM
i agree Torrentbits was graet, but maybe i thing so cous it was my first torrent site.
Torrentbytes is defenitelly overrated, don't bother

XeroToX
05-15-2007, 10:11 AM
it doesnt worth it, try TL and revtt

Skengeboy
05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Nope, TB nowadays is no good. I agree with the others, try TL or SCC instead.

L3ST
05-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Torrentbytes is great if you are a late leecher, you can still get your ratio up.

WHRST
05-15-2007, 11:27 AM
TB is ok, but i prefer TL or Revtt over it

nemesi54
05-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes worth a shot if you're looking only for fresh releases....

Great tracker but with some problems lately that the staff there are trying to fix...

Eventually will again become one of the best...

russ868me
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM

sorry for my igmorance what tracker is SCC?

desiKing
05-15-2007, 02:46 PM

sorry for my igmorance what tracker is SCC?

pm you...cannot write the url here?

NIB
05-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Dont underestimate tb. Sure it is a bit sucky atm but once it gets it shit together, it will be one of the fastest trackers in the world(in download speed). Dont forget that it has tons of Scandinavians.

Tl had(and probably still has, even with tb being almost constantly offline) slower download speeds than tb. And what is worst is that tl is p2l and has an awful black theme that sucks @@.

On the other hand, tl has very good and dedicated uploaders. That's why tl has very good pretimes(tb pretimes are probably worst than piratebay's atm :P) and tons of torrents. Tl also has a flexible ttl(torrents stay alive for as long as they have seeders) and gets non 0day scene releases uploaded.

avoozl
05-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Torrentbits was the original and best. Torrentbytes has excellent speed on all files that they host, but the selection can be somewhat limited. Overall, I think it is worth it.

seanbee
05-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Can you also PM me and tell me what SCC is?

JunelBT
05-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Nope, TB nowadays is no good. I agree with the others, try TL or SCC instead.

x2

TB isn't anywhere worth anywhere near the aggravation of the sign up process.

RevTT, TL, SCC, etc..., MUCH better alternatives.

Torrentbits was the original and best. Torrentbytes has excellent speed on all files that they host, but the selection can be somewhat limited. Overall, I think it is worth it.

It's really not, it's all scene, which can be had almost anywhere.

zehsay
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
It took me log time to get into, but it's not worth it. Get TL, it's far much better.

mdp123
05-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Wait and see.

pECi
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
TorrentBytes is great...huge amount of leechers, awesome community nice feeling of belonging...about the number of torrents it's an old school tracker and it will remain the same until it dies

nemesi54
05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
I saw at least 6 posts with complains about the registration....Come on people...Its easier than swebits..

Cheffy
05-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I saw at least 6 posts with complains about the registration....Come on people...Its easier than swebits..

I cant for the love of god see that letters there are in that box.
Im not joking when i say i tried at least 60 times go get those letters right.
I some times managed to get the correct ones, but then i messed something up in the signup proses. Like i forgot to press the rules and the faq link. Or i spent so much time in there that it was full when i pressed signup.

3 Wheels Of Tazio
05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
In my opinion TB is a nice tracker with a nice community but i still remember that sign up process.....

Once past that though it's worth it.