PDA

View Full Version : .... I'm road legal!

Skweeky
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Got my wee car insured yesterday so my hubbie took me out for a drive on Her Majesty's Highway.

Everything went well, except for some idiot who nearly ran in the back of me.
I ask you, what kind of moron tailgates a car with fucking L-Plates on it in fucking Cumbernauld where there's one dodgy roundabout after the other??? :angry:

I bet it was JP:dry:

Barbarossa
05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Fucking Hellfire :fear:

Everyone tailgates the learners, that's the only enjoyment you can get out of driving these days. :ermm:

Anyway, it's for your own good, otherwise how will you ever learn to drive any faster :blink:

thewizeard
05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
It's no problem for the rest of Europe, so I fee quite safe to get on my "fiets" this afternoon. However, I shall warn my brother, who shares the British roads with you Skweeks...

popopot
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Wait until you experience your first bit of road-rage, giving and giving after receiving, its exhilarating.

Proper Bo
05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
giving and giving after receiving, its exhilarating.

fnar fnar

thewizeard
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
A small hammer can be quite a useful addition to your weaponry ..erm ...tool-kit, Sonja. It is great accessory regarding your latent road-rage. This will quickly assert itself, as you become more and more exposed to the, "Scottish Driver"; who wear kilts with no underpants... ..really!..So where where we, ..erm;, and can be quickly retrieved from your handbag; ..which can also be used as a weapon, (remember the Iron Lady, she always carried one, and..won the Falklands war))and can also be used to break open the windscreen when you land upside down in a water filled ditch after a street race..:ermm:

Chip Monk
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM

What kind of car was it, I was up loads of learners arses yesterday.

That reminds me of Inspector Grim in The Thin Blue Line. "It's my arse on the line so I don't want any cock-ups"

Virtualbody1234
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Congratulations Skweeky! :yahoo:

Chip Monk
05-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Congratulations Skweeky! :yahoo:

Yeah, buying insurance, that really ...

thewizeard
05-16-2007, 01:59 PM

What kind of car was it, I was up loads of learners arses yesterday.

That reminds me of Inspector Grim in The Thin Blue Line. "It's my arse on the line so I don't want any cock-ups"

Yes that's funny :lol:

Skweeky
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
't was a silver Ford Ka

If it was you, I'm rather disappointed in your looks

thewizeard
05-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Skweeky, soon you will travel across the world in you Ford. Bet you have that Licence by 14 November 2007 at 15.15 GMT.

OK before you leave can you disclose some of the intimate secrets, that the whole world is waiting, with bated breath, to hear..If for example...does the Scotsman..wear underpants under his kilt, or not!

Often there are silly jokes made about this by those, south of the divide, Hadrian's wall...but when asked directly, the Scotsman just gives a knowing smile..but never ever answers this "question" So like the Loch Ness Monster..is this also a fallacy?

Perhaps they haven't much to hide, Sonja?

Would be nice to have first hand knowledge..and could make you famous and rich...:)

Proper Bo
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Often there are silly jokes made about this by those, south of the divide, Hadrian's wall...

:blink:

Skweeky
05-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Well...
my very own Scotsman never wears underwear, so I assume, that if he would wear a kilt it would be without underwear as well

SHUVT
05-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Congrats Sky! Now if you guys could only learn how to drive on the proper side of the road you will be set.

Skweeky
05-16-2007, 05:25 PM
... well...

actually, since I'm Belgian I am more inclined to drive on the right. 't is all a bit confusing for me poor wee brain

SHUVT
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I actually enjoyed driving in Europe. I think one of the best thing you have going over there is the roundabouts. Keeps traffic moving. The German driving test and certification a freaking nuts though. I have only driven a few times in the UK and I made sure I focused. Takes some time to get used to.

Skweeky
05-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Can everyone please stay off the backroad between Cumbie and Bonnybridge.

Until 11PM or so should do

Ta

thewizeard
05-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I promise! And not even venture out until the first Monday of the new month, after the siren for all clear has been sounded... doeiiii... Thanks for the early warning... for a bit of fun, Skweeky, practise scaring the shit out of old-age pensioner, drivers, coming in the opposite direction..that's great for in your back-mirror, view..which you should study, studiuosly...

100%
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Old dutch saying
"When two lights approach, go in between, as they are two bicycles"

(loose translation)