PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis...more to it than i thought...

jimbo12345
05-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Just spoke to my sister in the UK. She had a tooth mis-growing right at the back of her jaw, and was only viewable by x-ray. It caused my sister a lot of pain.

She had to have an operation which involved her havig her jaw dislocated so they could get to the rogue "tooth". My sister is allergic to local and general anesthetics, so, the doctors had her hypnotised.

She was fully awake all the way through the operation. They dislocated her jaw, drilled and removed the tooth, let her lie down for 30 mins after and then she went back to work.

She felt nothing.

That's pretty mental, i beleive in hypnotherapy, but didnt realise it could be used in operations.

tesco
05-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I think if you believe you won't feel any pain it's possible to not feel it.

It wouldn't work on me though, I would know I could feel the pain, and that the pain is there, so i would feel it.

Hairbautt
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
I think if you believe you won't feel any pain it's possible to not feel it.

It wouldn't work on me though, I would know I could feel the pain, and that the pain is there, so i would feel it.
I follow that, too, actually... :ph34r:

Busyman™
05-20-2007, 02:25 AM
I had my wisdoms taken out with only a local anesthetic.

I hate going under. I was awake when I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee (local) and was awake when I had an ACL replacement in the same knee (epidural).

I would love to be hypnotized. There are a coupla flaws in how I operate that I want fixed.

valhallabjj
05-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I would love to be hypnotized. There are a coupla flaws in how I operate that I want fixed.

I suggest you look into NLP and Neurosemantics, they both include techniques and the language patterns of Eriksonian Hypnosis and have very robust techniques for personal change :)

Busyman™
05-20-2007, 03:40 PM

I suggest you look into NLP and Neurosemantics, they both include techniques and the language patterns of Eriksonian Hypnosis and have very robust techniques for personal change :)

I will and thank you.