PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 PC This Tuesday!

mbucari1
05-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Halo 2 is scheduled to be released in North America on May 22nd. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/index.html

So, what do you all think? Will it be worth playing?

I'm going to download as soon as it comes out. Man, will I be able to seed well on that ;)

mr. nails
05-20-2007, 10:09 AM
i really dug halo 1 on pc, but never beat it cuz i formated and took the game with it. never got back to it. i want to... is halo 2 just as good or maybe even better?

mbucari1
05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
they say that the story line is a little weak, but it is still a very good FSP. Personally, I most look forward to being able to dual-wield SMGs

Cheese
05-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Halo on the PC was a bit meh for me. I don't know if I can really be bothered sorting out a dual-boot just to play Halo 2 (as it only plays on Vista).

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Halo on the PC was a bit meh for me. I don't know if I can really be bothered sorting out a dual-boot just to play Halo 2 (as it only plays on Vista).

Since I already beat it ages ago, the only reason it looks enticing to me is because it'll have a map editor.

Otherwise, I can wait for Halo 3 on the 360.

mbucari1
05-21-2007, 02:12 AM
The only person In know with a console is my cousin, and I hardly see I'm. I really haven't played halo 2 but a few times. I'm really looking forward to this release. Plus, the graphics in the pc version will be better than you ever dreamed of on console.

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 02:27 AM
The only person In know with a console is my cousin, and I hardly see I'm. I really haven't played halo 2 but a few times. I'm really looking forward to this release. Plus, the graphics in the pc version will be better than you ever dreamed of on console.

No I've seen Halo on the PC and the graphics weren't better than I ever dreamed of on a console.

It was simply better looking albeit ages later.

One reason is that the PC keeps getting upgraded with new cards and another is that....well it came out much later for the PC. It should have looked better.

I bet if Halo 2 came out optimized for the 360 it would look better.:1eye:

I'm not biased either way. I dislike PCs for gaming due to not being able to easily play on a big screen and integrate it into an entainment setup. I have a 65" HDTV ffs! Why would I care to play most of my games on a 20" monitor?

PCs would be a dominate gaming platform if they would court the general public and have a standard.

Also strict PC game players miss out on games like God Of War and Resident Evil 4 by being biased.

colt45joe
05-21-2007, 04:53 AM
i sometimes hook up my pc to my 65" hdtv and play CSS with 7.1 surround.. its cool.. but hurts my eyes after awhile :(

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 05:10 AM
i sometimes hook up my pc to my 65" hdtv and play CSS with 7.1 surround.. its cool.. but hurts my eyes after awhile :(

Why? Do you sit to close?

I haven't got 7.1 yet. I didn't think too many things used it and couldn't justify the cost.

mr. nails
05-21-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm not biased either way. I dislike PCs for gaming due to not being able to easily play on a big screen and integrate it into an entainment setup. I have a 65" HDTV ffs! Why would I care to play most of my games on a 20" monitor?

what does that mean? why can't u? idk what kind of 65' u have, but if it's got a vga hookup then it's cake. that shoulda been how u did it imo.

Also strict PC game players miss out on games like God Of War and Resident Evil 4 by being biased.

good point. that's why i still play consoles for teh good games that strict pc gamers miss out on. :)

Adster
05-21-2007, 08:53 AM
well thing is for PCs you can mod games

in particular sports games update jereys rosters graphics etc where on a console its outdaded in a month or to fix bugs

but as busyman said a big TV is the big let down for PC and my big TV is in my room wheres theres no room left and couldnt move everything around to play PC games... or whatever

as for Halo 2 only playing on vista FUCK THAT. that rules me out that OS is a piece of shit are they kidding to only bring out a game to play on Vista?

Cheese
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
You can set up your HDTV as a monitor with a HDMI-DVI cable. Absolute piss of piece, took me longer to walk up the road to buy the cable than to get it all working. My 7.1 speakers were also set up with no real effort (though lots of wires needed to be hidden).

I have a gamepad for games like Prince of Persia and a second wireless set-up for playing FPS games properly. Though if Crabgirl is in watching Ugly Betty or somesuch nonsense then I'm quite happy with the monitor.

Plus, the graphics in the pc version will be better than you ever dreamed of on console.I always though they did a poor job with the graphics on the first one, it was almost like a straight port. That was three graphics cards ago for me and it didn't even faze that old card. I expect the graphics will be better with a high-end PC for Halo 2 because you'll be able to whack up the settings but I doubt it'll be groundbreaking.

Still, I'll think I'll wait until something like Crysis comes out before installing Vista (and even then I'm going to need a new card, my 1800XT is starting to look dated).

Busyman™
05-21-2007, 11:13 AM
You can set up your HDTV as a monitor with a HDMI-DVI cable. Absolute piss of piece, took me longer to walk up the road to buy the cable than to get it all working. My 7.1 speakers were also set up with no real effort (though lots of wires needed to be hidden).

Well I know how to set it up but I have a 65" HDTV in this

http://www.hookerfurniture.com/photos/large/HF17370RPTV_12_04.jpg

I don't wanna put a tower around that shit. I needz a small pc to just put on a shelf with my consoles and AV gear.

Cables aren't a problem. I just get them from monoprice.com and they cost absolute shit. I got extra DVI-to-DVI and HDMI-DVI cables lying around cuz they were dirt cheap.

I also ran a coupla wired ethernet jacks downstairs from my router. I don't use wireless unless necessary.

Oh and btw, wifey watches Ugly Betty too but I'm to blame for that. I never watched it but I told her that critics said it was a good show.:dry: Luckily she keeps her ass out of the male area downstairs (no pun intended).

Monkeee
05-22-2007, 08:23 AM
the game is going to be only for Windows Vista :(

Cheese
05-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the news flash.

S!X
05-22-2007, 10:07 AM

You're kidding me.... :frusty:

WHRST
05-25-2007, 03:23 AM

You're kidding me.... :frusty:

that sux

pazsh
05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh so long that i wait to play this game....
i cant wait

SKGunners
05-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Halo 2 looks cool but the graphics are "meh". I haven't seen a scene release of it though.

Cheese
05-30-2007, 11:11 AM
The graphics are pretty shit.

SKGunners
05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
The game sucks.

Smith
05-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Im not buying vista to play yhis. Thats really lame that its vista only..its not next gen or anything. Its a year old.

mbucari1
05-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Im not buying vista to play yhis. Thats really lame that its vista only..its not next gen or anything. Its a year old.I hvae a novel idea. DOWNLOAD VIST!. OMG, I'm having another... GET A CRACK!

SKGunners
06-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Good idea, dude. But downloading Vista just to play this crappy game is not worth it. It's better if you have Vista already and then download this crappy game. Let's hope Bioshock and Crysis turn out to be good.

masterpo
06-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Yeah Crysis looks like its gonna be bad ass for the pc.
I played the pc version of halo 2 a lil bit and its complete bs in the mp because some of the users are using a xbox controller instead of the keyboard/mouse and it has auto aim which is why i was gave up on it since i was dying every 5 seconds. The beauty of playing pc is the keyboard and mouse controls and now thats ruined in halo 2.

But who gives a crap, halo 3 will be out for the 360 in mere months. Stupid microsoft will have halo 3 for the pc due for the year 2010.

Cheese
06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
But who gives a crap, halo 3 will be out for the 360 in mere months. Stupid microsoft will have halo 3 for the pc due for the year 2010.

You're probably right, and it'll only be compatiable with Windows Vienna (or whatever they call their next crappy OS).

SKGunners
06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Exactly.

WHRST
06-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Halo 3 sounds good i will buy those along with starcraft 2,GTA4 and force unleasehed with the 360 the rest i DL...

SKGunners
06-02-2007, 01:29 AM
That's cool.

sp0ngeb0b
06-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Team Snipers, Tombstone, let's go! :D

I need to get out and buy this soon.