PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this site

JAKUL8
05-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this site (http://artofmisdirection.com) as i saw it and when i emailed the email address for an invite this is the email i got back:

hi dave, as you already know the sign up is closed. but i have a couple of
> questions for you
>
> 0. how did you find out about our site?
> 1. how long have you been into magic?
> 2. what do you think you have to offer to aom?
> 3. where did you get your magic stuff from until now? - you already
> explained a bit
> 4. what is your experience level about torrents and ripping dvds?
> 5. for how long do you keep your downloaded files seeded normally?
> 6. what is your upload speed?
> 7. we are discussing an entrence donation of 5 dollars. you will get 5
gigs
> of upload ratio for it, so this gives you a way to start up without having
> to worry about your ratio. would you be willing to do that?
>
> cheers jacqueline

And i am regestered to quite a few private trackers and never come accross one that asked all these questions just to signup. Started to think i was talkin to the FBI. So before responding to this email i recieved i thought i would get some opinions of the guys on this site. Thanks any help would hold me very gratefull to all who help. Dave

yoyogi4
05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
I've heard of it also known as AoM, this is not the only site with many questions some sites use their IRC and you have to fill in applications with a similar amt of questions so thats not unusual but it cud be a possibility.

ghurka
05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
As far as I am aware this is a site dedicated to magic....used to be called filefight. If you're not into magic then it probably won't be of much use to you

Alien5
05-20-2007, 03:37 PM
the questions are designed to make sure you are the type of user who will really want to part of the community and not just hit n run, or leave your account unused for weeks or months. its a bit like a job interview, they want you to be the right person for the job. :D

RainRoofer
05-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I was member there but I didn't download anything and my acc is gone after clean up.I like magic stuff but I just didn't have time for it.
I was there even with their db crashes, before they merged with FF.

MrEhRz
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM
read this : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1911709/postcount2672

himanshus321
05-21-2007, 02:51 AM
even i came to know about it in this thread

I-HAVE-IT-M8
05-21-2007, 02:58 AM
i was a member but got disabled for being non active

Demigod
05-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Wow, thanks for making me aware of this tracker. I'm really into the magic stuff and will be sure to look out for this tracker!

Uzam
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
It's also probably an issue of keeping the secrets within the magic enviroment, not letting in the random dude just trying to find out the secrets.

clocktower
02-10-2008, 11:17 PM
7. we are discussing an entrence donation of 5 dollars. you will get 5
gigs

a bit cheeky or wot

Uzam
02-10-2008, 11:25 PM
I for one would gladly pay 5$ for access to that site