PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

wishmaster2
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
has anyone from here watched the season finale episode???
what do u think?

rockabillyjon
05-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I can't believe they packed the whole episode into the last ten minutes... That being said... It was flawless, in that, I had both a feeling of closure and an intense desire for MORE!!! ha.

Busyman™
05-22-2007, 05:00 PM
We still need to find about this person who Molly sees that sees her.

She says he's worse than Sylar.

Also I thought Candice was a fat black woman but it seems the skinny white chick is who she really is.

Sylar getting away was bullshit.:dry: He has no healing power so wtf? He should die like anyone else.

What's Hiro's father's and Peter's mom's power? We'll probably find out next season.

Btw, there are so many rip-offs from the comic book Rising Stars that it's ridiculous. I suggest you read it even if you never cared for comic books. Either way....Heroes did a good job.

Btw, there is a Heroes spinoff called Heroes: Origins coming this Fall. It's 7 episodes and chronicles a new hero per episode. Viewers get to pick which one appear in the upcoming season.

Also look for Bionic Woman.

I lurves teh American TV,

Hairbautt
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I missed like the very last part...I saw Hiro travel back in time to Japan and that was it. Any help? What else happened, who was the lone samuri!?

Busyman™
05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I missed like the very last part...I saw Hiro travel back in time to Japan and that was it. Any help? What else happened, who was the lone samuri!?

Dunno but a shadow appeared over all of them. They looked up and it was the eclipse you see in the opening.

Also the lone samurai had a flag with the same symbol that's on some of the heroes' bodies.

Hairbautt
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
What symbol? :huh: And thanks...:D

Skiz
05-22-2007, 06:34 PM

What symbol? Have you been watching the show? The "S" looking thing.

Also, a friend told me on Sunday that the network is going to destroy this show by making it interactive. Season 2 is going to have 30 episodes filmed, and viewers are to vote after each episode, to determine what happens next. :dry:

WHRST
05-22-2007, 06:57 PM
the finale was to predictable and ep 20 revealed Peter would survive. They could probably explain a way for Nathan to survive.

Cheese
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM

What symbol? Have you been watching the show? The "S" looking thing.

Also, a friend told me on Sunday that the network is going to destroy this show by making it interactive. Season 2 is going to have 30 episodes filmed, and viewers are to vote after each episode, to determine what happens next. :dry:

I think your friend might be getting confused with the 6 Heroes: Origins episodes they are planning.

Heroes: Origins is an upcoming American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) science fiction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction) drama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_drama) television series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_series), a spinoff of NBC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC)'s hit show Heroes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29). Heroes: Origins will introduce one new character per episode, and viewers will choose which character will join the main cast at the end of the run. The second season of Heroes and the first season of Heroes: Origins will include a total of 30 episodes.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes:_Origins#_note-0)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes:_Origins#_note-cnn)

The reason given for the spin-off was to remove the mid-season hiatus, which caused the ratings to falter when Heroes returned in Season 1.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes:_Origins#_note-cnn) "We've got something I call the 'bulk-up challenge' for next year, which is trying to stay more consistent in our scheduling for the audience," NBC chief Kevin Reilly told reporters Monday (5/14) at a press conference announcing the network's 2007-08 schedule. "We asked ['Heroes' creator] Tim Kring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kring) to come up with an idea, and what I love is not only did we bulk up with 30 hours next season, but also a whole new idea which I think is going to take the show to the next level." While not all scheduling details have been hashed out, Reilly says, "I'll tell you one thing you won't see is 'Origins' peppered throughout, I think that would be difficult for the audience to navigate." [3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes:_Origins#_note-1)
Good series, nicely finished (though they had to drop a few bits in to drag out another series). I'm not sure why they want to turn it into Pop Idol or where they are going to go next in terms of storyline though.

Tokeman
05-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Watched the finale, and must say I feel it was done very well, but I feel a little unsatisfied, mostly because of what happend last (you should know what I mean...) but hey, makes for a good 2nd season I guess. The preview for season 2 looked great.

ArchStanton
05-22-2007, 09:19 PM
who was the lone samuri!?[/spoiler]

I think the lone Samurai is Hiro's dad. I am mainly basing this on the fact that the actor who plays his dad has very distinctive/intense eyes and so did the the lone Samurai. Another thing that supports the theory is when Hiro asked his father what he knew about killing and he replied more than you think and then proceeded to give a pretty nifty martial arts demonstration.

The question also made me wonder if the lone Samurai is the same Samurai that Hiro used to read about as a child. That could possibly mean that Hiro and his dad share the same ability, I don't think any of the other heroes have passed down the exact same ability but Hiro's dad mentioned something about waiting a long time for someone who was worthy of the challenge (I can't remember his exact words). At the time I assumed he meant another member of his family with a special ability but maybe he meant with the same ability.

Busyman™
05-22-2007, 09:26 PM
[Good series, nicely finished (though they had to drop a few bits in to drag out another series).

Well American TV shows tend to last more than one round. You drag out another series. I say I'm looking forward to next season.

I don't get why there should be only one season.:ermm:

Even with Lost, this season has been quite good.

who was the lone samuri!?[/spoiler]

I think the lone Samurai is Hiro's dad. I am mainly basing this on the fact that the actor who plays his dad has very distinctive/intense eyes and so did the the lone Samurai. Another thing that supports the theory is when Hiro asked his father what he knew about killing and he replied more than you think and then proceeded to give a pretty nifty martial arts demonstration.

The question also made me wonder if the lone Samurai is the same Samurai that Hiro used to read about as a child. That could possibly mean that Hiro and his dad share the same ability, I don't think any of the other heroes have passed down the exact same ability but Hiro's dad mentioned something about waiting a long time for someone who was worthy of the challenge (I can't remember his exact words). At the time I assumed he meant another member of his family with a special ability but maybe he meant with the same ability.

It could be that his dad doesn't age like the rest of us. Maybe he's an old fucker....a really old fucker.

ArchStanton
05-22-2007, 09:34 PM
It could be that his dad doesn't age like the rest of us. Maybe he's an old fucker....a really old fucker.

Quite possibly, I hadn't considered that but it that would certainly tie in with the fact he said he had waited a long time (assuming of course he is the lone Samurai).

Busyman™
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Quite possibly, I hadn't considered that but it that would certainly tie in with the fact he said he had waited a long time (assuming of course he is the lone Samurai).

Maybe he's a Highlander.

ArchStanton
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Also the lone samurai had a flag with the same symbol that's on some of the heroes' bodies.

Was that the same flag as the one in the samurai sword repair shop that Hiro met his father in?

Maybe he's a Highlander.

Ha! Maybe, as long as the second series of heroes isn't as shit as Highlander 2 I will be happy.

Busyman™
05-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Was that the same flag as the one in the samurai sword repair shop that Hiro met his father in?

Maybe he's a Highlander.

Ha! Maybe, as long as the second series of heroes isn't as shit as Highlander 2 I will be happy.

It would be hard for them to mess it up. As I said before, there many rip-offs of Rising Stars which was pretty darn good.

I wouldn't mind having that comic in hardback. That and The Watchmen.

ArchStanton
05-22-2007, 10:01 PM
there many rip-offs of Rising Stars which was pretty darn good.

I will have to check Rising Stars out (dunno when though, I still haven't got round to reading Miracle Man yet) Watchmen is great, when I think about it I still only have the softcover version which is surprising considering how many Alan Moore hardbacks I own.

Hairbautt
05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
I thought this show was a rip off from the 4400 series :dabs:

Special abilities and saving the world...:ermm:

Busyman™
05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
there many rip-offs of Rising Stars which was pretty darn good.

I will have to check Rising Stars out (dunno when though, I still haven't got round to reading Miracle Man yet) Watchmen is great, when I think about it I still only have the softcover version which is surprising considering how many Alan Moore hardbacks I own.

Trust me and skip Miracle Man.

Rising Stars follows the story of the Specials. Over some city (that starts with a P) a comet flies over and everyone conceived at that time was born with powers.

When the government finds these kids with powers, hearings are held and they are put in camps (like band camp type not refugee).

In one part, there was this certain Special at camp that was awakened from his bunk bed every night by a counselor and then returned to his bed. This happened over and over until one day he looked at the counselor and said, "BURRRN". The counselor was fried and the boy was taken away.

The story continues into their adulthood. There are numerous Specials. Many lead ordinary lives. One guy, Super Patriot, had a huge corporate sponsor and was like a super hero (one of few with a costume). One guy was invulnerable but he was a fat fuck. He did commercials where he would touch a live wire and get shocked but ultimately he was lonely. One day he was killed. So were many others....by another Special.

One boy at camp, was teased by the other kids cuz he could fly, but only about 6 feet off the ground. He was fat and (well you see how the kids teased him). Well day he rose up 6 feet off the ground with a tear in his eye, then kept rising, until no one saw him again.

SingTFU now.

wishmaster2
05-23-2007, 12:33 AM
so..i think i am the only one unsatisfied from the finale.... first i was waiting for a 2 hour ending...like i had read from tv.com, second i was expecting the fight between peter and sylar to be better..they didnt even use all their powers and when hiro came to kill sylar,sylar didnt do anything to stop him..he just stared at him and got killed....it was one of the worst seasons finale i have ever watched... i really liked all the other episodes and my rating was between 9-10 but the last one was below 5 for me....
anw this is just me...hope everyone else liked it...

ArchStanton
05-23-2007, 06:16 AM
so..i think i am the only one unsatisfied from the finale.... first i was waiting for a 2 hour ending...like i had read from tv.com, second i was expecting the fight between peter and sylar to be better..they didnt even use all their powers and when hiro came to kill sylar,sylar didnt do anything to stop him..he just stared at him and got killed....it was one of the worst seasons finale i have ever watched... i really liked all the other episodes and my rating was between 9-10 but the last one was below 5 for me....

I thought there were flaws, but for me they were only minor and didn't really spoil it too much (like I thought Candice is really supposed to be fat but when she got knocked out by Nikki and the illusion disappeared she reverted to looking like a super model. I was curious to see what she really looked like).

It will be interesting to see if Nathan Pitrelli survives and if he does I wonder how they will explain his survival. Even if he took Peter up as far as he could and then dropped him (thus avoiding the blast) he would still die from the exposure to the radiation, if Peter's condition was anything to go by.

My theory on why Sylar did not defend himself against Hiro is because he probably felt there was no need. Hiro had already lost his nerve twice when he had an opportunity to kill him so Sylar might have just underestimated him (also, Hiro is very fast).

JiZ3M
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I want more heroes now !!!!!!!!!

backlash
05-23-2007, 11:23 AM

I felt let down by the finale, as well. Check out the heroes message board to get interesting theories. They have a few threads discussing the "lame" ending.

So, does Peter now have all the abilities of everyone surrounding him at the end or were they not close enough?

WHRST
05-24-2007, 05:30 AM
It looks like Nathan & Peter survive.

So, does Peter now have all the abilities of everyone surrounding him at the end or were they not close enough?
I would assume so since he got Nikki/Jessica's power.

Busyman™
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
It looks like Nathan & Peter survive.

I would assume so since he got Nikki/Jessica's power.

I know Peter survives since he survived before. Nathan has no healing power so he would've had to break off from Peter. That's not discounting any radiation he got from holding him.

Why is everyone using spoiler tags in this thread? It's rather pointless. It is reasonable to assume at or near the end of the season that we are all talking about the episodes.:dry:

It seems Nikki's power is simply strength and Jessica is not required for the ability.

Btw, the episode in the future was much better than this one.

napster5
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah i saw it and it was very well and i,m waiting the second season from now

it will be release on 24/9/2007

WHRST
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Yes the 20th was better, i did not like the ending.

himo
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
do u belive that I did not see this series yet lol

WHRST
05-29-2007, 04:48 AM

:O

Colt Seevers
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Heroes facking rawks. FACT.

Anyone that says otherwise is a fool and should be beaten to death with a dildo.

I hope the networks sort out these mid season breaks, cos it's no wonder when great shows like Heroes whose audience figures took a noise dive due to these stupid breaks. Some shows that are just starting, are still good but need support, *cough* Jericho, springs to mind. CBS cants. :angry:

Well make the effort then BT boy, that way you can actually contribute to the discussion.(LOL...*I didn't really Laugh Out Loud*) :wacko:

But yeah bring it on, I really look forward to downloading this show.

I thought the Samurai dood at the end was Kensi? :) Can't really see George Takei jumping around on a horse... also did anyone notice his number plate in one of the shows apparently it was NCC 1701, didn't notice it myself though.

Kuberr
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
HEROES. OMG. Can't get enough of this show.

xbawksz
05-30-2007, 12:04 AM
We still need to find about this person who Molly sees that sees her.

She says he's worse than Sylar.

Also I thought Candice was a fat black woman but it seems the skinny white chick is who she really is.

Sylar getting away was bullshit.:dry: He has no healing power so wtf? He should die like anyone else.

What's Hiro's father's and Peter's mom's power? We'll probably find out next season.

Btw, there are so many rip-offs from the comic book Rising Stars that it's ridiculous. I suggest you read it even if you never cared for comic books. Either way....Heroes did a good job.

Btw, there is a Heroes spinoff called Heroes: Origins coming this Fall. It's 7 episodes and chronicles a new hero per episode. Viewers get to pick which one appear in the upcoming season.

Also look for Bionic Woman.

I lurves teh American TV,

Sylar might not have gotten away. He could've been dragged away by the man that Molly thinks is "much worse than Sylar". It's quite possible he could train Sylar to become even more powerful..

Sorry, just me rambling on :P

DefX
05-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Sylar might not have gotten away. He could've been dragged away by the man that Molly thinks is "much worse than Sylar". It's quite possible he could train Sylar to become even more powerful..

Interesting theory. They definitely peaked my interest with this mysterious villain (or a hero?) thats supposedly more powerful than Sylar.

WHRST
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
i doubt it could be one of the heroes who is more powerful than Sylar since only villans sit by and let things happen if does not interfere with there plans.

papasmurfyh
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I was thinking how interesting it would be if Sylar switched sides. At the end of the finale he was: I'm not going to blow up but I'm here to stop you from blowing up something like that. I might be wrong. Also I kinda got the idea from how they showed a different side of him with his mother. When he thought he was going to blow up, he wanted to be a watch repairman again. Also Peter is a live thats just a fact, when he was going to blow up he passed out and traveled back in time or something. He met the that guy and hes like your the one to blah blah. Also indicates Nathan might also be alive.

Quick question: with all the powers that Sylar got shouldn't Peter have all the abilities Sylar had? So Sylar could have some weird resilient power or something that could have allowed Peter to save Nathan?

Colt Seevers
05-30-2007, 10:33 PM
One thing that I often wondered, maybe some of you guys can help clear up.

How exactly does Sylar steal others powers, does he actually eat the brains or what?

Just wondering lioke.

DefX
05-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Quick question: with all the powers that Sylar got shouldn't Peter have all the abilities Sylar had? So Sylar could have some weird resilient power or something that could have allowed Peter to save Nathan?

Maybe Lenderman and the cheerleader's healing abilities? But i dont think Sylar had any of those and the chearleader's self healing ability is only limited to oneself.

ArchStanton
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
One thing that I often wondered, maybe some of you guys can help clear up.

How exactly does Sylar steal others powers, does he actually eat the brains or what?

Just wondering lioke.

I always thought his ability was that he could see how things work. He mentioned that he had that talent when Dr Suresh visited him in the watch repair shop. Perhaps he examines their brains and figures out how they work.

DefX
05-30-2007, 10:45 PM

Perhaps he replicates the heroes' dna strands that he gets from their brains and implements it with his own?

ArchStanton
05-30-2007, 10:56 PM
My theory was based on the idea that the abilities were derived from previously unused portions of the brain.

ethanpil
05-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Maybe he eats the brains.

Colt Seevers
05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Maybe he eats the brains.

Didn't I just say that? :rolleyes:

marksman
06-01-2007, 01:37 PM

Interesting theory. They definitely peaked my interest with this mysterious villain (or a hero?) thats supposedly more powerful than Sylar.

real stupid theory got in my mind..but molly mentioned that sylar was already in the building..maybe sylar was in the building..saw dead linderman..got his brains..and now he can heal..so that he could have the power 2 heal and heal himself when he dragged himself down 2 the sewers

WHRST
06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
i doubt Linderman will be back beyond season two though we dont know if he can heal himself. There is most likely going to be flashbacks of him in the past i think since they are supposed to reveal stuff about the previous generation. Which i assume is Charles,Angela,Linderman, Nakamura and Claude so far right?

Herakles
06-03-2007, 04:10 PM

Perhaps he replicates the heroes' dna strands that he gets from their brains and implements it with his own?

It was Nathan petrelli's power.

go0ey
06-04-2007, 10:59 AM
anyone know when they are releasing the 2nd season?

Eytan
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
the 2nd season will be released in august or september.

WHRST
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
the 2nd season will be released in august or september.

i highly doubt in august

xbawksz
06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
probably september, just like every other show on abc :P

Saroman
06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
When is Heroes - Origins Starting..?

Colt Seevers
06-22-2007, 01:46 PM
oops.. :lol:

Still missing Heroes... ;) :mellow:

Skiz
09-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Has anyone else gotten a bit tired of this series?

A lot of overacting and unnecessary drama gets real annoying for me. The plot has gotten so thin that it barely exists at this point. I could almost use the word boring to describe my feeling of the show right now.

I'll give a few more episodes to pick up, then I'm done.

Colt Seevers
09-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Has anyone else gotten a bit tired of this series?

Nope.

I'll give a few more episodes to pick up, then I'm done.

Cheerio!

aviran91
09-27-2007, 08:29 AM
nah... for heroes it only has been started

jrzy
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I'd have to agree w/ Skizo...the climax of season one was right at the end when they all went toe to toe w/ Syler but now what?? I'm sure we have not seen the end of Syler but there has to me more....I hope. Oh and did I miss Nikki/Jessica on last Monday's episode?? I don't recall seeing her.

Skiz
09-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I'd have to agree w/ Skizo...the climax of season one was right at the end when they all went toe to toe w/ Syler but now what?? I'm sure we have not seen the end of Syler but there has to me more....I hope. Oh and did I miss Nikki/Jessica on last Monday's episode?? I don't recall seeing her.

I found that whole scene to be rather monotonous as well. :dabs:

Grind$oFine
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
A lot of things didn't get wrapped up Monday, and I see the problems in season two, but I have no idea what climax will be...

In other news, the new girl is pretty hot. Hopefully she stays in the show...
Anyone know what happened to the internet girl last season? She just disappeared?

jasperr
09-27-2007, 05:08 PM
well, the show was origanlly meant to be only one season.... actually a mini series i think... but it did so well and had gotten an overwhelming fan support they went for a second season...

and no nikki/jessica wasn't in it..... and what did happen to that internet chick??

Saroman
09-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I din like the opening ep that much..IT was way too slow...

The new King Midas character was amazing...

There cramped Lots of stories togethers...Hiro ka story in past was damn boring..

Lets see it was expected that first they will set the characters properly...from next ep it might be interesting..

Btw am enjoying Prison Break...Its at its best.... even in its 3rd season..

gamer4eva
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Heroes season 2 ep 1 released and it was awesome!!!!

mojoman
09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Heroes is awesome show

rabidmule
09-28-2007, 03:29 AM
i thought the season premiere was pretty good, but the story plot is probably gonna get really really really random later on

Grind$oFine
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
If it was only supposed to be one season I'm really glad they're doing a second.... I think.

pro267
09-30-2007, 12:39 AM
The first episode was good, especially the part where the japanese warrior turned out to be British. That was hilarious! :)

gamer4eva
09-30-2007, 02:53 AM
The first episode was good, especially the part where the japanese warrior turned out to be British. That was hilarious! :)

Truly was!!!!!!!:huh:

And here i was expecting a martial arts expert or something.:lol:

ROFL-LOL
09-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Yep. The british guy was awesome. This season is gonna be great.

kelly338825
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
I really liked the premier. And I loved it when Sark from Alias turned out to be the Japanese warrior guy. I also had a feeling that the guy in Claires' class had something about him, which was confirmed at the end of the episode.:) Overall , I thought it was good for the first episode of the season, as I was a little disappointed with a few other season premiers.

mysterious
10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
I hadn't seen that before, just started watching season 1, and I can say it one of the best shows I've ever seen. I gotta watch first season as soon as possible, then start watching second season, but I don't know yet what is going on there.

seanbee
10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I am a very big heroes fan but for season 2 hasn't grabbed me as yet, too many story lines and not enough time being spent on each.

I am really hoping that things will pick up soon cause I am losing interest and I am also noticing that the ratings for heroes has been dropping.

Skiz
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
After this last episode.... I'm done. I can't be bothered to watch an almost plotless show string me along.

SAM
10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
it's really great show skizo really

XS75
10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
absolutely amazing show, i would highly recommend.

kyuuchi
10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I liked first season of Heroes about half way, at the beginning it was a bit slow. Same thing with S02, way too slow.

snap3r
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM

I absolutely love the show :) and Candice is realy a fat black woman well i can tell from the third episode of season 2 :)
What do you guys think of this guy West ?? i think hes involved with the company :) because whoelse would asasinate Hiro's father like that :P i mean he pushed him over the ledge and dissapear.The invisible man is out of the question :P so that leads to the flying man :lol:

kirktrix
10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
One of the best TV show now.....But i like Prison break more....:P

notsmurf
10-12-2007, 05:23 PM
heroes sucks now :( this season has been awful so far

Something Else
10-12-2007, 06:11 PM
One of the cheesiest shows ever made, the acting is hilariously bad and the plot is piss-poor, it's popcorn light entertainment crap IMO...

forix_r6
10-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Everyone keeps telling me to watch Heroes, but I just can't take the plunge :p

ghepard112
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
very good series

ludhi
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
yeah, this season is moving a bit slowly. Perhaps its because we already know most of the characters and what they can do. Its pretty interesting to follow Sylar in this season. I think he'll play a different role this season