PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Anniversay

Skiz
05-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Anyone playing this yet? It's a badass game, but I'm stuck on the T-Rex part. This is the hardest shit I've ever had to do in any video game ever.

The game isn't officially released yet, so no help online.

Help. :cry:

Busyman™
05-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Anyone playing this yet? It's a badass game, but I'm stuck on the T-Rex part. This is the hardest shit I've ever had to do in any video game ever.

The game isn't officially released yet, so no help online.

Help. :cry:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=934023

Skiz
05-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Awesome.....many thanks.

I found a thread that described what to do perfectly. Still hard as hell, but just did it. :w00t:

Busyman™
05-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Awesome.....many thanks.

I found a thread that described what to do perfectly. Still hard as hell, but just did it. :w00t:

Yw.

I never use gamefaqs for walkthroughs but they come in handy for codes after you beat the game (well actually also for hidden shit I missed while beating a game too).

I plan on getting this game for the 360. I hear it's a redux of the first one having better graphics and new puzzles.

Thats sounds great.

WHRST
05-26-2007, 03:00 AM
this game out for the pc? i might try it

Skiz
05-26-2007, 03:17 AM

I'm playing it on the PC right now, but it isn't "out" yet. :shifty:

BTW, Busy - This is very much like the original Tomb Raider, but with all the graphics you always wished it had. I've been having a great time playing it thus far, and I can be pretty harsh when it comes to game criticism. :)

Busyman™
05-26-2007, 03:20 AM

BTW, Busy - This is very much like the original Tomb Raider, but with all the graphics you always wished it had. I've been having a great time playing it thus far, and I can be pretty harsh when it comes to game criticism. :)

Well I liked the original so upgraded graphics can't hurt. Later Tomb Raiders were a little fucked up.

Skiz
05-26-2007, 03:27 AM

Well I liked the original so upgraded graphics can't hurt. Later Tomb Raiders were a little fucked up.

A little fucked up indeed. Most had the same graphics and got pretty repetitive, others were "inside" the whole game and had the exact same looking walls the entire time. :pinch:

This one did it right though. ;)

WHRST
05-26-2007, 03:31 AM
i will wait til i get a new graphics card to play it i am deciding between a 8800GTS and 8800GTX, but will probably wait til cristmass since the 9800 series are being released so the prices for the 8800 series should go down, currently i only have XFX 7100 GS

0sec
05-28-2007, 12:27 PM
It is the original Tomb Raider 1 with new graphics and i love this game !
I played the Manor Castle first and then started the story :D
With a Gamepad it isnt so difficuld and make some kick ass fun

zbig
05-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Great game :D I recommend it :D

pazsh
05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
i try to get pass this and i stuk to

Skiz
05-30-2007, 01:36 AM
i try to get pass this and i stuk to

1) Hold R-mouse button to lock on. DON'T LET GO OF IT.
2) Shoot the T-rex until it is enraged. Make sure put yourself at a good distance while it's roaring.
3) When the T-rex is charging at you, watch for arrows on the screen. When they appear, hold left or right and press shift (while still holding R-mouse)
4) As Lara does the slow-motion dive, the crosshairs will slowly line up. Just wait until they do and then fire with the L-mouse button. T-rex will charge past Lara and slam into a wall.
5) Repeat until T-rex dies. Remember it takes huge damage from hitting the spikes, and there are three of those to aim for.

I thought the T-rex was hard until I got to the two horseman.

0sec
05-30-2007, 09:07 PM
i play the game with a x360 controller and the t-rex part was really easy..
Got it on the first try
:D

Skiz
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Got it on the first try

I call bullshit. :dry:

Cheese
05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Got it on the first try

Nice one, well done. Games like Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia are a piece of piss when playing with a controller but tend to be a bit tricky with a mouse and keyboard.

If I get around to playing this new/old Tomb Raider I'll probably get past the t-rex first time as well. I'm assuming it supports gamepads.

Busyman™
05-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Got it on the first try

I call bullshit. :dry:

That is kinda weird though, Skiz.

It must be shit to play this game with a mouse.:ermm:

Ratzy Rox
06-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Presumably it depends what difficulty the game is on?

I got it first time on the highest difficulty but only because the huge spikes make what to do bloody obvious and id been saving up medipacks. Does anyone else think the way in which you get full health when you load a saved game makes it far too easy?

Busyman™
06-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Damn if you like Tomb Raider you'll definitely like God Of War and God Of War 2.

It has action, plenty of puzzles, great control, great story, and great graphics.

maxi_boy
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM

Skiz
06-04-2007, 12:49 AM

It is not TR1 with new graphics. There are a lot of similarities in the scenery b/c the game takes you through the same countries, places, etc., but all of the puzzles and secrets are different.

WHRST
06-04-2007, 03:36 AM
how is this on the xbox360?

! ANGEL !
06-04-2007, 08:45 PM
i love this game

Colt Seevers
06-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Gonna install this now, cos lets be honest their is feck all else to do....

meh http://hpd.chiconcerts.com/emot/Drugs_0071.gif

ashstorm
06-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Great game

i love it .

comback
06-09-2007, 10:49 PM
this game is very good. i'm suck in t-rex to

BILLY-THE-FISH
06-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Does she still have that sexy voice when she falls etc.?
I loved the atmosphere of those original ones... like the part where you are in the dark and all you can hear are these scary sounding apes running about... (not sure if that was first game or not). Later in the series they put too many mobs in there and messed the game up, you dont need many just a few to make you jump, add that to scary atmospheric music and you got a winner :-).

0sec
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Does she still have that sexy voice when she falls etc.?
I loved the atmosphere of those original ones... like the part where you are in the dark and all you can hear are these scary sounding apes running about... (not sure if that was first game or not). Later in the series they put too many mobs in there and messed the game up, you dont need many just a few to make you jump, add that to scary atmospheric music and you got a winner :-).

dude, believe me, it has very much scary voices in the game.
For example, you run in a pyramide around and you hear strange screams and words behind the walls from the endboss or someone.
I dont know if the voice of lara is sexy by falling but she do many sounds :D