PDA

View Full Version : Help with IMG and burning

cubkiller89
05-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Well I've been having a lot of trouble with IMG files lately. I have downloaded the DVDR copy of a movie and I want to be able to burn it and watch it on my DVD player.

I download the IMG file and I have tried burning it using alcohol 120%. The burn is successful but when I put it in my DVD player it skips like its a scratched CD. First I thought it was a problem with the DVD/burn speed so got better quality DVDs and set the burn speed to the slowest setting. Also it isn't my DVD player because my friend has a brand new one and I tried on there and still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

WHRST
05-26-2007, 02:48 AM
try IMGburn @4x it worked for me when i used to burn alot of dvds, well i still do, but data dvds are better with a divx player.

Appzalien
05-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Do you have GSpot? Use GSpot to view one of the vob files (preferably one of the long ones) and see if you can spot anything out of the ordinary. Maybe an unusual frame rate or unsupported audio or something. I really don't care for the .img format as none of my programs seem to support it so I usually open them with ultraiso and resave as a regular .iso. I have found that works better than just renaming to .iso as alot of people will advise you.

accat13
05-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Two thoughts have you tried to play the burnt dvdr in your computer....
Second thought can you mount the image using alcohol 120%...
You really have to determine if the image is at fault or the burnt disc.
I tend to lean towards the burnt disc(but you never know)
Could be poor quality media (I know you said you tried better)many people have trouble understanding that its not the media but the media code that counts..Have a look here to see what I mean http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia
Do a search on sony dvd+ media...scroll down a little and see the number of hits and different media codes...So buying media can be a crap shoot you really have to know what you are looking for..To make matters worse some older equipment(burners) favour dvd+ some dvd-....And lets not get started on booksetting(booktyping) :) ....So you see you should really start reading there is lots of information out there...Many people even scan there media for errors to ensure optimum results...Oh hell here are a few links for good sites http://club.cdfreaks.com/
and http://forums.speedlabs.org/
Now that you are totally confused Good Luck
Ps I also like img burn for burnning images

peat moss
05-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Do you have GSpot? Use GSpot to view one of the vob files (preferably one of the long ones) and see if you can spot anything out of the ordinary. Maybe an unusual frame rate or unsupported audio or something. I really don't care for the .img format as none of my programs seem to support it so I usually open them with ultraiso and resave as a regular .iso. I have found that works better than just renaming to .iso as alot of people will advise you.

The Gspot ? Never heard of it , as my wife would attest to . :dabs: Sorry couldn't help it . :)

cubkiller89
05-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I think it's just my DVD player now. But it doesn't make sense cause my friend tired it in his and it still didn't work.

When I put it in my computer it plays fine but I'm not a big fan of watching movies on the PC. The 19 inch screen just doesn't cut it.

flcl573
05-27-2007, 02:40 AM
DVD Decrypter and IMGBurn are the best, in my opinion. Both are very simple, and have been 100% successful for me.

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the best DVD+/-R media you can buy. Always burn at the slowest supported speed.

nofx210
05-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Another vote for IMG Burn

MrVictorRivers
05-27-2007, 06:44 PM
second that.....dvd decrypter and imgburn.....any time i was in ur shoes...thats wat i used...

WHRST
05-27-2007, 07:09 PM
. Always burn at the slowest supported speed.

really? 4x worked fine for me though i burn @16x speed for data disc

lightshow
05-28-2007, 03:06 AM
. Always burn at the slowest supported speed.

That is totally wrong (no offense or anything, just trying to stop that rumor). If a disc is certified for 16x and your dvd burner burns at 16x and you burn it at 2x, that's not what the disc was made to handle.

You should burn at somewhere around 70% of the highest speed the disc can take.

If you stay in that area you'll have a better quality burn overall.

Venture over to CDFreaks and you can see all the tests that prove that over burning at the absolutely lowest speed.

But as for the posters problem, we should make sure he didn't download a PAL DVD-R and try to play it in a NTSC dvd player.

If that's the case, it would explain why it plays fine in his computer not his set top dvd player.