PDA

View Full Version : Nero alternative?

manofstyle
05-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I just did a clean Windows XP install and have decided Nero got too bloated for my liking, but I need some CD/DVD Burning software.

What do you guys reccomend that is as good as Nero minus the bloat?

I use ImgBurn for burning images and it is awesome, is there a similar "lite" program for burning compilation discs?

Busyman™
05-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I just did a clean Windows XP install and have decided Nero got too bloated for my liking, but I need some CD/DVD Burning software.

What do you guys reccomend that is as good as Nero minus the bloat?

I use ImgBurn for burning images and it is awesome, is there a similar "lite" program for burning compilation discs?

Can't you just get rid of all the Nero programs that you don't need?

raspberry1331
05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
you can compile disks with imgburn: at the mode menu you should choose the build option. or by compilation you mean audio CD? that's the only thing i can't burn with imgburn.

as for nero, i also wouldn't touch it with a six feet pole. not even a "lite" version, it's hard being liter than imgburn.

EDIT: at imgburn forums they suggest using burrrn to burn audio CDs, looks pretty cool.

samoyan
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Try Roxio 9 Suite...

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 04:05 AM
Try Roxio 9 Suite...Good choice. If your reason for ditching nero is because you think it's bloatware, then roxio is a good sub.