PDA

View Full Version : Stupid nero..

Smith
05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
I just installed a new copy of nero ultra 7, and when it asked me what files to associate it with i deselected everything. But for some reason its still my default for music. How do i change it back to winamp?

S!X
05-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I just installed a new copy of nero ultra 7, and when it asked me what files to associate it with i deselected everything. But for some reason its still my default for music. How do i change it back to winamp?

Go into add/remove programs, then "set program access and defaults". Then look for "Choose a default media player" then pick winamp from the list and hit OK. OR just go into winamps settings and make sure all the file associations are checked within the app.

mbucari1
05-31-2007, 10:34 PM
you can manually change file association to winamp by right clicking on file types you want to associate with winamp and clicking on properties. Then, change the default program to open that file to winamp.

You can also type the following into the command prompt

reg add hkcr\.FileExtension /ve /d winamp.file
replace "FileExtension" With the file extension you want associated with winamp.

Hairbautt
06-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Don't forget you can also go into "folder options">"file types">select the extension and click the "change" button where it says open with.

Or just do it the easy way in which LP has already said. :frusty:

mbucari1
06-01-2007, 01:47 AM
But I like being creative:P

Creeping Death
06-01-2007, 01:50 AM
But I like being creative:P

LP's way isn't necessarily the easier way. Just not as l33t :p

SKGunners
06-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Don't forget you can also go into "folder options">"file types">select the extension and click the "change" button where it says open with.That's what I usually do when ACD or Nero turns out to be my default music and video players.

Hairbautt
06-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Least someone's on my side :snooty:

SKGunners
06-01-2007, 03:16 AM
The easy way out is the best way out.

Smith
06-01-2007, 03:23 AM
thanks guys. back to normal

mbucari1
06-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Least someone's on my side :snooty:did you even read my post? I'll make it bold for you.

you can manually change file association to winamp by right clicking on file types you want to associate with winamp and clicking on properties. Then, change the default program to open that file to winamp.

You can also type the following into the command prompt

reg add hkcr\.FileExtension /ve /d winamp.filereplace "FileExtension" With the file extension you want associated with winamp.